RICKIE LAMBERT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:14 pm

I would like to know what everyone would have said had we bought him last summer for 4 million, my guess is everyone would have said he was not good enough. What a difference a year makes both for him and us supporters. I'd say he is brought in to replace Aspas who we should never have bought.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Decent goal against Ecuador, really just smashed the Sh*t out of the ball.

England look poor and lack cohesion, and attacking wise don't seem to be creating much, but when they do Lambert always seems to be in the right place.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Was a nice crisp finish, proud of him :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:04 pm

A good signing but with the imminent departure of Suarez likely (if you believe what is said in the papers), BR should be signing another clinical striker.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:06 am

Red Focus wrote:A good signing but with the imminent departure of Suarez likely (if you believe what is said in the papers), BR should be signing another clinical striker.

James Pearce in the Echo has wrote an article yesterday stating the club are confident Suarez will be going nowhere.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 am

Would hope so too.

He's absolutely good enough to get into any side in the world with a blind fold on so for us to keep him we have to keep our side of the bargain and build a side that deserves to play with him and can give him the success his talent deserves :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:03 am

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 am wrote:Would hope so too.

He's absolutely good enough to get into any side in the world with a blind fold on so for us to keep him we have to keep our side of the bargain and build a side that deserves to play with him and can give him the success his talent deserves :D

Totally agree mate.
Hopefully the Sanchez rumours are true.

Seeing as this is the Lambert thread, what do you reckon his chances are of starting tomorrow ? Hodgson has said he is going to give a lot of players a game that havent really featured.
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am

He could start to be fair. I must admit I like Lamberts vision and intelligence and actually think he could play off sturridge or Luis and have seen flashes of link up play from him which convince me he could have a decent impact.

For England though I think he could look iscolated and very disjointed. Personally Lamberts performances for England have little bearing on what I actually think about him. To be fair, England manage to make players like Rooney look Sh*t :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 am wrote:He could start to be fair. I must admit I like Lamberts vision and intelligence and actually think he could play off sturridge or Luis and have seen flashes of link up play from him which convince me he could have a decent impact.

For England though I think he could look iscolated and very disjointed. Personally Lamberts performances for England have little bearing on what I actually think about him. To be fair, England manage to make players like Rooney look Sh*t :D

:D  good point.

I hope he does start.
Like you said he does look to have a good touch with a bit of vision and awareness. Sturridge and Suarez will both enjoy playing with him.

It would be great for him if he does play and score a goal or two.
Ben Patrick

Postby Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:30 am

Looks like Ricky is gonna get a cameo role in a red shirt for the first 9 games, due to hannibal the cannibals efforts!

Lets see wat he can do
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

I've just read that Brendan is considering giving Lambert the famous number 7 shirt for next year?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:54 am

I imagine there will be a few 'traditional' numbers up for grabs this summer.
Luis Albert is number 6 (out on loan)
Suarez has vacated number 7
Aspas is number 9
Assaidi is number 11

I can see a few of those players being moved on
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 am

Englishmen and penalties.... :no 

Seems to me that when an English player has to take a penalty the goal posts are made of Kryptonite and their super ego powers are disabled along with any skill.

Just do what the Germans do. Cold, immovable, no emotions and precise.
killerp

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:20 pm

killerp » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 am wrote:Englishmen and penalties.... :no 

Seems to me that when an English player has to take a penalty the goal posts are made of Kryptonite and their super ego powers are disabled along with any skill.

Just do what the Germans do. Cold, immovable, no emotions and precise.

Lambert never missed penalty he took Southampton , 34 of them . Just unlucky this time around .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Since Sturridge apparently went back home because of a small injury, it would be nice for Lambert to play in a strong 11 for a change against the mancs. Yesterday's penalty miss did no good to his confidence though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion