RICKIE LAMBERT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:02 am

YNWA Rickie

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Rickie Lambert from Southampton.

The striker, who was on the club's books as a youth player, has put pen to paper on a deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Moments after signing, the boyhood Liverpool fan said: "I can't believe it. I've loved this club all my life. I left here 17 years ago - and I haven't stopped loving it since.

"I have always dreamt of playing for Liverpool, but I did kind of think the chance of playing for them had gone. I didn't think the chance would come.

"I know how big Liverpool are - and it means everything to me - but I know what is important; I know it's what I do on the pitch and the minutes I play. I know that's what matters, and that's what I'll be focused on."

Lambert arrives from Southampton where he scored an impressive 117 goals in 235 appearances.

He has four caps for England and is part of Roy Hodgson's World Cup finals squad, alongside new club mates Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Glen Johnson, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am

I was going to say welcome to Liverpool Ricky but he never left, he's been a red all his life, just because he worked for other clubs and in other cities doesn't mean he stopped being a red.
Made up for him and I think it was a shrewd move by the club, for just £4m we have strengthened our bench massively.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 am

WELCOME HOME RICKIE!!!

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 am

good striker, hope we get two good years out of him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:27 am

Welcome to the club hope you put Aspas to shame.

Should be a good impact player.
killerp

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 am

Good player, good pro, decent price, good option and different to what we have. Not my first choice, but won't complain at all. I like his intelligence and movement and think he will contribute positively next season. Would much rather have him coming on instead of aspas or Sturridge coming on to replace him...

Hopefully the first of a few good ones.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:50 am

cardiff-red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 am wrote:Image

YNWA Rickie

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Rickie Lambert from Southampton.

The striker, who was on the club's books as a youth player, has put pen to paper on a deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Moments after signing, the boyhood Liverpool fan said: "I can't believe it. I've loved this club all my life. I left here 17 years ago - and I haven't stopped loving it since.

"I have always dreamt of playing for Liverpool, but I did kind of think the chance of playing for them had gone. I didn't think the chance would come.

"I know how big Liverpool are - and it means everything to me - but I know what is important; I know it's what I do on the pitch and the minutes I play. I know that's what matters, and that's what I'll be focused on."

Lambert arrives from Southampton where he scored an impressive 117 goals in 235 appearances.

He has four caps for England and is part of Roy Hodgson's World Cup finals squad, alongside new club mates Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Glen Johnson, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling.

Are you sure this is not a rumour...?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 am

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 am wrote:Good player, good pro, decent price, good option and different to what we have. Not my first choice, but won't complain at all. I like his intelligence and movement and think he will contribute positively next season. Would much rather have him coming on instead of aspas or Sturridge coming on to replace him...

Totally agree.

Although the pics of him holding up the shirt don't do him any favours. His head looks way out of proportion to his body.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Returning to the club seventeen years later, talk about living the dream

Walk on
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Welcome home Rickie.

Must be a dream come true for the guy, really happy for him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 pm

welcome back lad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:47 am

It reminds me although in a different position of the Gary Mac signing brings experience onto the bench. Hope he's a successful as Gary Mac was. IE penalty v Barcelona
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 am

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:49 am wrote:Good player, good pro, decent price, good option and different to what we have. Not my first choice, but won't complain at all. I like his intelligence and movement and think he will contribute positively next season. Would much rather have him coming on instead of aspas or Sturridge coming on to replace him...

Agreed and add to that you cannot put a price on a desire to prove himself to the club he always wanted to play for. Could well be a great signing.

Did not think it was possible to be positive about a 4 million pound 32 year old but it is a positive step.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:34 am

I know Rickie wont play as many games for us as he did southampton but

Last season goals Suarez 31 Sturridge 21 Lambert 13 TOTAL = 65.

That is more then every other team scored last season except for us and Citeh, Chelsea and Arsenal

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Dundreamin is back » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:47 am wrote:It reminds me although in a different position of the Gary Mac signing brings experience onto the bench. Hope he's a successful as Gary Mac was. IE penalty v Barcelona

Was very much thinking that type of scenario myself. Experience and a touch of quality. Lambert has good vision and I think he'll be a good option. For me, it means we have a player who can come in instead of Sturridge (on games where he needs a rest) and we won't be massively weakening the side... and if its not working Daniel is more than capable of coming off the bench and changing games.

All three forwards offer different options too, with some over lapping qualities, which suggests they can all play together in some capacity.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion