Real Madrid youth player signs - Gerado Bruna - 16 year old Argentine

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:11 pm

Real Madrid: Bruna signs in Liverpool
Saturday September 29, 2007 - 11. 35 - Cyril OLIVES

After Cesc Fabregas, Fran Merida or Gerald Piqué, it is another great hope which leaves Spain to go to England. Argentino-Spanish Gerardo Bruna signed in Liverpool, announces Marca.

Young the 16 year old pearl of Real Madrid, Gerardo Bruna, joined Liverpool. A hard blow for Merengues which counted much on him but could anything face the financial power of RedsLink

Sounds like another star of the future snapped up. I just hope a few years down the line some of these young stars get a chance and don't just get loaned out then disappear.
account deleted by request

Postby essexpoolfan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:46 pm

You would think with so many youngsters being brought in some of the have to come good.
essexpoolfan

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Link doesnt work........
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaytoothetee » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:37 pm

here's a working link (though it's still in spanish)

http://www.marca.com/edicion....39.html

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:39 pm

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Try this link matestill doesn't work  :(

Works on other sites, can't understand why it wont work here?

Still here's a pic of him anyway

Thanks Red37 and Jaytooth
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:13 am

essexpoolfan wrote:You would think with so many youngsters being brought in some of the have to come good.

Can't be good for the morale of the local kids, so we're hoping they turn into the next Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso or Daniel Agger rather than bringing the next Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher or Robbie Fowler through the ranks.

Honestly folks, would you seriously not want another Gerrard, Fowler or Carragher coming through the ranks, because that is a serious possibility if we're bringing in foreign kids?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:23 am

Owzat wrote:
essexpoolfan wrote:You would think with so many youngsters being brought in some of the have to come good.

Can't be good for the morale of the local kids, so we're hoping they turn into the next Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso or Daniel Agger rather than bringing the next Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher or Robbie Fowler through the ranks.

Honestly folks, would you seriously not want another Gerrard, Fowler or Carragher coming through the ranks, because that is a serious possibility if we're bringing in foreign kids?

The thing is though, if they're good enough, these new Gerrards and Carraghers, they'll emerge regardless of whether other people are brought in. I think there's a popular myth these days that the lower leagues are made up solely of players who "could have been the next..." and it simply isnt true. Cream rises, class is permanent and premierleague coaches and scouts aren't mugs. Owen, Fowler, Carragher and Gerrard were special and we have had a bit of a drought recently in terms of home grown talent, but we might have a flood of it in a couple of years time. You never know.

More good investment from Rafa and the backroom staff. 3 youth cups in a row maybe?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:35 am

But if we're bringing in foreign youngsters how many local kids are going to sign elsewhere? I'd rather have the commitment of a scouser wanting to play for us over a young mercenary who has as much chance of being any good as most of the players Houllier signed as "the next.............". We might unearth a brilliant kid, we might even save ourselves a few million by growing one rather than buying one.

But just look at Arsenal and ask yourself if we'll end up with as 'many' English players as them.........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:58 am

Owzat wrote:But if we're bringing in foreign youngsters how many local kids are going to sign elsewhere? I'd rather have the commitment of a scouser wanting to play for us over a young mercenary who has as much chance of being any good as most of the players Houllier signed as "the next.............". We might unearth a brilliant kid, we might even save ourselves a few million by growing one rather than buying one.

But just look at Arsenal and ask yourself if we'll end up with as 'many' English players as them.........

Do you think our scouts are really going to go and watch a game and say "that kid from Bootle's going to be the next Robbie Fowler, but we'd rather go shopping around europe?" of course not. Arsenal are a different kettle of fish, but they're finest smoked salmon compared to our decent turbut at the moment. It's just the way things go. How many young englishmen have Man Utd brought through over the last 5 years? It goes in stages and eventually, Liverpool will produce the new Maradonna from Birkenhead, but you can't expect them every season. Going on a little shop around europe is necessary because it gives us a chance of producing new heroes for small amounts of money, and it may just make us a few million quid.

If there's a kid in Liverpool who shows serious potential we're always going to be among the absolute favourites (if not the favourites) to sign them, regardless of who we bring in from around the rest of the world.

One of the major problems is the acadamy league system in this country. Some people blame foreign imports for diluting the English stock, and denying kids the opportunity to break through, but the fact of the matter is, the youth league here is abyssmal. They can go a month without a division game (and half of those get cancelled), which means managers like Rafa can't acurately assess their abilities. To compound the problem managers from lower leagues have the same doubts and are therefore reluctant to take kids like ours on loan. So in a season, a lot of youth players play around ten games. How can any manager make a judgement on whether to award senior contracts on 10 games? If you're a Gerrard or Carragher, your talent will be evident enough, but for most there is no chance. Blaming foreign players is a cop out, when the real criminals are our amateurish, incompetant FA which insist on ridiculous set ups and mindless regulations.

I fear that we are heading toward that "are we English?" debate/argument so I'll just say this. Wenger has got his kids policy spot on, using the cups to blood them and evaluate them at a high standard. Ok, he should have more English kids, because as the manager of an english club, he has certain responsibilities, but his training tactics are perfect.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby essexpoolfan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:07 pm

Owzat wrote:But if we're bringing in foreign youngsters how many local kids are going to sign elsewhere? I'd rather have the commitment of a scouser wanting to play for us over a young mercenary who has as much chance of being any good as most of the players Houllier signed as "the next.............". We might unearth a brilliant kid, we might even save ourselves a few million by growing one rather than buying one.

I too would like to see some of our own young players coming through the ranks and I think Rafa does too after giving professional contracts to Lindfield etc. I was just saying that we are importing a lot of foreign youngsters whether we like it so you can only hop that it pays off.
essexpoolfan

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Owzat wrote:

Not sure how feasible is this...but i think they should segregate the   academy into 2....(one for local players and another for the foreign players bought in)....

Then we will have best of 2 worlds.....but not sure how feasible it is.....

I believe LFC needs local players to come into the 1st team....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm

i think arsenal's youth system is fantastic, the players are really good.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:18 pm

yep koamas, and nugent ahead of alonso and torres anyday!........not
Pedro Maradona

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:26 am

And we're still shopping. Found this on the BBC rumours page:

"Liverpool are lining up a deal for 16-year-old Hamilton youngster James McCarthy. (Daily Mirror)"
It's time we start seing some of these youngsters come through.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion