Real Madrid youth player signs - Gerado Bruna - 16 year old Argentine

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think arsenal's youth system is fantastic, the players are really good.

A little bit of me agrees with what you sayin but how many English kids have actually gone on and remained at Arsenal.You just have to look at the great youth team they had when they won all the cups at youth level.
Pennant (us)
Bently(Blackburn)
Thomas(Charlton)
Chorley(Tranmere)
Sidwell(Chealsea)
Boothroyd (Wolves)
Aliadiere (Boro)
Hoyte only player still at Arsenal
and a few more English players i cant even remember .
Theres only one of them out of that crop still there. Yes there academy is good but how many of them will actually make the grade there.
There still bringing in some of the best kids in Europe so although yes there academy is good how many of them will never play for arsenal.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:how many English kids have actually gone on and remained at Arsenal

Aliadiere (Boro)

Aliadiare - a fine English surname.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:40 pm

ok smart :censored: ill give you that one :D put that one in by mistake
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 am

The Ace1983 wrote:
Owzat wrote:
essexpoolfan wrote:You would think with so many youngsters being brought in some of the have to come good.

Can't be good for the morale of the local kids, so we're hoping they turn into the next Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso or Daniel Agger rather than bringing the next Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher or Robbie Fowler through the ranks.

Honestly folks, would you seriously not want another Gerrard, Fowler or Carragher coming through the ranks, because that is a serious possibility if we're bringing in foreign kids?

The thing is though, if they're good enough, these new Gerrards and Carraghers, they'll emerge regardless of whether other people are brought in. I think there's a popular myth these days that the lower leagues are made up solely of players who "could have been the next..." and it simply isnt true. Cream rises, class is permanent and premierleague coaches and scouts aren't mugs. Owen, Fowler, Carragher and Gerrard were special and we have had a bit of a drought recently in terms of home grown talent, but we might have a flood of it in a couple of years time. You never know.

More good investment from Rafa and the backroom staff. 3 youth cups in a row maybe?

You make some excellent points and some :censored: ones.

Cream rises mate, you're correct. Class is permanent.

However you then say premiership coaches and scouts aren't mugs. I'm sorry mate, but they are. Alot of them don't recognise a players quality when they see it and when they do alot of them don't understand how to use players.

Also, alot of them take easy options as apose to managing what they have.

Its taken a rediculous amount of time for Ashton to get a call up, its taken a stupid amount of time for Barry to get into the squad. Bullards never played at the top level, Lampards in there every week. These players are out there, if anyone tells you otherwise they're lying. The coaches and managers today are more interested in how quickly you can do an agility ladder and speed test rather than the talent and quality these kids have as players which is a massive reason for the drought.

You see lads all the time playing Sunday and Saturday league who are exceptional players, but due to not knowing the right people never get anywhere.

Rafa's policy of buying all these kids is quite frankly a joke. It hasn't worked so far, its not going to work. I'm yet to see one player out of the players he brought in (don't forget this is his fourth year) anywhere NEAR the first team squad, let alone the first 11. Jack Hobbs couldn't even get into a league cup game...
Smeg

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Smeg wrote:However you then say premiership coaches and scouts aren't mugs. I'm sorry mate, but they are. Alot of them don't recognise a players quality when they see it

Stu mate, isnt it time you started to deal with hte fact that you never got picked up mate ?

I know your better than Danny Murphy mate, but let it go will yer ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Eh? Smeg? Stu?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:53 pm

Odd that, smegs post did seem to resemble stu a lot  :D
Image  Image

YNWA