Liverpool fc player of the year 2006 - Your player of the year

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi all,

With the PFA Player of the Year 2006 Nominees being released I thought it would be a good time to dicuss who the fans believe has been Liverpool's Player of the Year.
  This season has seen the club come on leaps and bounds, our consistency this year has been terrific and we seem to have a lot of good players now, unlike previous years where Gerrard seemed to carry the team through certain matches.

Here our my nominees(please feel free to add any)

Steven Gerrard - once again has been typical brilliant, he scored some good goals and his range of passing is second to none. Seems to have settled really well since all the **** in the summer.

Jamie Carragher - "We all dream of a team of Carraghers" explains this lad fully. He is consistent, plays with his heart on his sleeve and he loves the club, never gives up and is vital to our back line getting so many clean sheets.

Steve Finnan - Our unsung hero has finally got some recognition this year for his role in our team. He had Josemi for competion, but he didnt get a sniff. Then Jan came in and he can't move our Steve.

Harry Kewell   -  What a difference a year makes? I ashamedly admit to screaming at Harry many times last year, and expected him to leave. He has turned his career around and is getting back to his best.

And my vote goes to ......

Momo Sissoko  -  What a Player!!! So glad the blues did not get this lad. When we signed him - I thought "one for the future". But what a impact he has made. I know sometimes he gives it away too much, but the lads energy and presence is something to behold. He is all over the pitch and I actually prefer Gerrard on the right just to get this lad in the middle with Xabi. And he is still only 21!!!  Forget the new Patrick Viera - This lad is MOMO SISSOKO
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:32 pm

I think we did a long thread on this a couple of months ago Rafa Lad but now the season is pretty much done (except for us winning the Cup) a few may have changed there minds.

My thoughts haven't changed a bit though. Despite some cracking performances from the likes of Finnan, Sami, Carra, Momo, reina, Kewell and Xabi the Captain has been our best and most important player by a country mile.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:46 pm

Gerrard.  No question it's Gerrard.

He'll be taken for granted by some.  Others will want to champion particular players to be original.  But, week in, week out Stevie's done the business this season, has looked every inch the captain, and has refocused on leading Liverpool forward in a way I could never have imagined after 2 summers' flirtations with Roman's cheque-book.

Well in, Stevie lad, well in!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:41 am

Gerrard and Carragher are perhaps the obvious choices , I think Carra just shades Gerrard as his level of performance has been far more consistent . My vote however goes to Sami Hyypia . At 32 and with his place under threat Sami has stepped up his game .No longer do I notice his often discussed lack of pace ,his positioning and all round application this season has been outstanding .
Well done Sami .
(Might bet on him to score from a corner against Chelski on Saturday  :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:43 am

gerrard to me
although my emotional choice would be carra
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_123 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:57 pm

i would have to say Momo, been brilliant all season
kopite_123

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:00 pm

On a more positive note, there are a load of players who have a shout for Player of the Season.   Reina has been fantastic as well, especially the way he deals with the corridor of uncertainity infront of goal, he is brave and reads the game well.
Mark 23

Postby dmf » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:07 pm

i've gota say Momo, he's at new club, its his first year in the epl yet he's been terrific all year
dmf

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Too many excellent players to single out one. Maybe someone will do something special between now and the end of the season but I can't really differentiate from Reina, Finnan, Carra, Gerrard, Alonso and Momo Sissoko. Leaning towards Sissoko slightly but that's probably a bit through sympathy with him just recovering from a potentially career threatening injury.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_123 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

imo momo had is best game for us against blackburn at the weekend
kopite_123

Postby taff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Cant argue with the choices but spare a thought for Jose reina

He has come in and totally bossed the defence and aint a bad keeper as well.  At last weve got a goalie that totally commands his domain and is a clean sheet record holder.

The whole defence has to be commended this year, thats our solid platform.

Hopefully this time next year were all harking on about our top goalscorer whoever it may be  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:39 am

As much as I want to say Gerrard and Carragher, I think Rafa-Dodd's comments have been spot on about Steve Finnan. I just can't decide but I think I can't go past Xabi Alonso for his performances when Stevie G. has been unavailable. He kept up the midfield standard when Gerrard was away and also shone on his own. My vote goes to Xabi.

Also if you click here you will see the current Actim Top 100 for the Premier League. Stevie inexplicably is in 10 with Finnan in 12. Why Xabi is in 56, I don't know.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:45 am

How the f@ck is that rhino mouth f@ck head number 4??

he is the most pathetic player on the planet, i hate him as much as jose pussyface. grrrrrrrrrr  :no
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:18 am

How is this different to the 'Our Forums Choice - Player of the year' Poll?
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 am

In fairness to Rafa Dodd , he started this thread BEFORE I did the poll . ( I started the poll as it would be easier to establish at a glance the forums choice )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion