Predictions for the season.. - How are we gonmna go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 am

roysreds wrote:you didn't answer my question?

oh you have the right to class yourself whatever you want... be it close to the club, the club's best friend, Honorary Member of the club...  :rasp

So do you think the club's current problems are real or not?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:F.uck it . Whatever floats yer boat . Like i said i'm not getting into it , and who the fu.ck mentioned Rafa.

Er...me
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 pm

If Gerrard finds his form this season and if Torres stays injury free, then we'll definitely make the top 4.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Madmax » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

If we get to keep macha and snap a decent left back then possibly we could go for it!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I think we can make the top 3 in the league

Would obviously like a good run in both domestic cups but it depends on the draw

And we should make at least the semis of the Europa League
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am

one of the things that is beginning to concern me a little is our pre-season. many people put forward the credible theory that our poorly arranged and performed preseason last time around was a contributing factor to never getting going. we had a terrible start, confidence took a knock and we never really dragged ourselves out of it.

this time around we are not going to see our first teamers get a proper preseason under their belts again for various reasons and seeing as we have such a difficult start its vital that we hit the ground running. lets just keep our fingers crossed that new manager and new signing syndrome can give us enough of a boost to see us past the first hurdles and get us into our stride.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:36 am

andy_g wrote:one of the things that is beginning to concern me a little is our pre-season. many people put forward the credible theory that our poorly arranged and performed preseason last time around was a contributing factor to never getting going. we had a terrible start, confidence took a knock and we never really dragged ourselves out of it.

this time around we are not going to see our first teamers get a proper preseason under their belts again for various reasons and seeing as we have such a difficult start its vital that we hit the ground running. lets just keep our fingers crossed that new manager and new signing syndrome can give us enough of a boost to see us past the first hurdles and get us into our stride.

Good point Mr G I hear you.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 am

andy_g wrote:one of the things that is beginning to concern me a little is our pre-season. many people put forward the credible theory that our poorly arranged and performed preseason last time around was a contributing factor to never getting going. we had a terrible start, confidence took a knock and we never really dragged ourselves out of it.

I also totally agree, i hear what the medical team are saying regarding not bringing players back too early as it may affect them later on in the season.
But looking at the opening couple of fixtures we have it is vital that we are ready.
We clearly where not last season and it showed in our early results.
I would rather get the key players ready and gradually rest them once we have picked up some points and gained some momentum.
There's no point in having players fit at the end of the season if you have feck all to play for.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Yep, unsurprisingly I agree with the previous posts. "The sports science people" are like labels in the back of jumpers. All this "do not wash, dryclean only" nonsense. You bung it on 40 degrees and take your chances. Just the same with the players, "do not play until the middle of November because they might get tired". I've got a better idea, ask em how they're feeling and if they feel up for it, bung em in.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 am

i think that 4th place is realistic tbh, i cant see arsenal or spurs in top 4 next season, i think it will be us and man city up there,

chelsea
manu
mancity
lfc
spurs
arsenal

our squad already looks a lot stronger, decent keeper, an array of attacking world class midfield players plus the best striker in the world. also a lot of back up eg jovanovic, kuyt, etc
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm

bigmick wrote:Yep, unsurprisingly I agree with the previous posts. "The sports science people" are like labels in the back of jumpers. All this "do not wash, dryclean only" nonsense. You bung it on 40 degrees and take your chances. Just the same with the players, "do not play until the middle of November because they might get tired". I've got a better idea, ask em how they're feeling and if they feel up for it, bung em in.

And I think it's important to acknowledge that being away at the World Cup did not take an equal toll on all of our internationals.  The likes of Stevie, Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Jovanovic didn't have that many games down there and they have had some decent time off since.  Dirk, of course, ran himself silly all the way to the final and could probably due with a wee recharge but Ryan Babel didn't kick a ball all tournament from what I saw.  Surely Roy can give him the arm around the shoulder treatment once he's back from his jollies and say he'll have a chance to shine in the opening weeks of the season and that we're counting on him to produce the goods.  Big up the lad's confidence and send him out there against Arsenal and Man City.  Who knows, he might just surprise someone.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 pm

we have the best attacking trio in the league and on top of that a strong looking midfield imo
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yep, unsurprisingly I agree with the previous posts. "The sports science people" are like labels in the back of jumpers. All this "do not wash, dryclean only" nonsense. You bung it on 40 degrees and take your chances. Just the same with the players, "do not play until the middle of November because they might get tired". I've got a better idea, ask em how they're feeling and if they feel up for it, bung em in.

And I think it's important to acknowledge that being away at the World Cup did not take an equal toll on all of our internationals.  The likes of Stevie, Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Jovanovic didn't have that many games down there and they have had some decent time off since.  Dirk, of course, ran himself silly all the way to the final and could probably due with a wee recharge but Ryan Babel didn't kick a ball all tournament from what I saw.  Surely Roy can give him the arm around the shoulder treatment once he's back from his jollies and say he'll have a chance to shine in the opening weeks of the season and that we're counting on him to produce the goods.  Big up the lad's confidence and send him out there against Arsenal and Man City.  Who knows, he might just surprise someone.

True about Dirk Bob, but give him a morning off one day next week and he'll be all good to go again. You're right about Babel too. Tell him this is his big chance, it all starts from here, he could be a hero and all that old b0ll0cks. Once Torres is fit we can feck him off then :D .

In all seriousness, I think Babel is an unpolished diamond, or an unpolished something anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

sell ryan babel, hes a waste of feckin space, never ever looked as if he wants to wear the shirt, good ability on his day but looks like a moaning waste of space 90 % of the time
ben oseman

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:23 pm

bigmick wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

True about Dirk Bob, but give him a morning off one day next week and he'll be all good to go again. You're right about Babel too. Tell him this is his big chance, it all starts from here, he could be a hero and all that old b0ll0cks. Once Torres is fit we can feck him off then :D .

In all seriousness, I think Babel is an unpolished diamond, or an unpolished something anyway.

With Dirk, I think you give him an extra tin of purina and play a little frisbee in the park and he'll be good as new. :D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion