Kuyt
1%
Torres
91%
Lucas
2%

Total votes : 90

Postby laza » Tue May 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Torres obviously, fantastic season, hopefully the second season will be just as good with hopefully a higher number of away goals

Reina would be my second, wasnt too long ago that we bemoaning our lack of success because we had flapper at the back, been a real rock

And agree with Andy G, while Voronin deserves some stick. Considering he was a free transfer , some of the flak he gets like Kuyt is way OTT. Then again this polarized MB always needs a Panto villian to boo and hiss
Last edited by laza on Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue May 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Well, has to be torres as he performed way better than anyone had expected. Also took a lot of defender with him while create his own shot and yet not a selfish player. SG also benefitted from this and won us many game and scored as consistently throughout the whole season.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Tue May 13, 2008 5:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Based on the above , who would your player of the season be? I'd only put it choices for players who i think made a difference over the course of the season .

Harry Kewell.

disclaimer, my answer is a s serious as your question

If u're not happy or got nothing constructive to say then please do not .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Nando without a shadow of a doubt
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 13, 2008 8:23 pm

voted for stevie g. goals and assists were considered. torres and mash and reina were also outstanding. id like to see more of insua and plessis. while our centre backs have been fine as usual. kuyt, isnt my cup of tea. but his tireless runnning is appreciated. riise, voronin, kewell, pennant, leto, lucas and alonso can be better, i hope.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:52 pm

1. Torres
2.Gerrard
3.Reina
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Wed May 14, 2008 2:58 am

I need a bit more money so I can get a Mascherano shirt. The guy works his :censored: off every game. And the best part is he doesn't see any opposition as elite or more skilled. He goes straight for the ball without even noticing who has it. It's so great. I'd love to see him give it to Cristiana.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Keris » Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 am

El~Nino got my vote.
Legend in the making.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres25 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Claire Rourke (LFCTV Presenter) made the biggest impression on me this season, couldnt take me eyes off her, cute as a button
Torres25

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Torres by a mile,its not even debatable to suggest anyone else!
Not solely for his goal contribution,im more delighted that he took to the League like a duck to water.The fact he came from a less physical League to arguably the most physical League in world football and was unfazed from the start is an achievment in itself!

There was a match early on in the season,i (THINK) it was against W Ham when he got the fu'ck kicked out of him from whistle to whistle.He never once complained,kept getting up and kept his cool!
After watching that game i knew we had a special player.

No doubt the signing of the season in the EPL and no doubt a legend in the making!

2nd Gerrard..no explanation needed!
3rd Mascherano..great 1st season,knows his job on the pitch and sticks to his duties.Plays with maturity above his years.We are lucky to have him!
4th Dirk Kuyt..Bad start which i can excuse due to his fathers illness.Since Jan/Feb no one in their right mind can say the fella has not came on leaps and bounds.7 C/L goals.Workrate of a shire horse on speed.Passion for the shirt,never says die always giving 110% no matter if its home to Derby or away to Inter in Europe!
Lots critisize him on here,but if all our players gave what he gave every time they put on the shirt we would not have drawn so many games to lesser opposition and would have ended further up the League!
I hope he stays at LFC for many years to come!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 14, 2008 11:59 pm

4th Dirk Kuyt..Bad start which i can excuse due to his fathers illness.Since Jan/Feb no one in their right mind can say the fella has not came on leaps and bounds.7 C/L goals.Workrate of a shire horse on speed.Passion for the shirt,never says die always giving 110% no matter if its home to Derby or away to Inter in Europe!
Lots critisize him on here,but if all our players gave what he gave every time they put on the shirt we would not have drawn so many games to lesser opposition and would have ended further up the League!
I hope he stays at LFC for many years to come!

Spot on. He has lacked goals but his general ethic of working his backside off during a match has at times been awesome. People will point out that he doesnt create as many chances as a winger should you will always seem him at the back defending like crazy and then forward trying to create something.

Oh and torres easily.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 am

Riise scored some pretty nice goals this season
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Dante » Thu May 15, 2008 3:57 am

Have to agree that it's Torres by far. I honestly didn't think he'd be this good in England.
Dante

Postby Judge » Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am

Torres25 wrote:Claire Rourke (LFCTV Presenter) made the biggest impression on me this season, couldnt take me eyes off her, cute bottom

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 16, 2008 6:19 pm

I've consulted Mr Mugabe's advisors and they suggest we have a recount it's that close.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion