Kuyt
1%
Torres
91%
Lucas
2%

Total votes : 90

Postby andy_g » Mon May 12, 2008 9:59 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:By far the worst player this season has been Voronin. Some players may not be the most gifted or consistent but they do have a saving grace of some sort about them. Not Voronin, he's consistently bad and brings very little to the team. I pray Rafa ships him and his stupid pony tail out this summer.

and while i'm here i have to say that i strongly disagree with this statement. voronin is never going to set the world alight as a striker, although to be fair he's scored a few. on the whole though i think a lot of his play is very intelligent and he has the ability to use the ball quite well.  the back heel pass for gerrard's goal against besiktas, to bring up just one obvious example, is not the work of a rubbish player. i'm not going to lose a seconds sleep if we ship him out and get someone better, even better if we make a few quid on him, but in my opinion he's another one that gets an unfair amount of criticism on this forum.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 pm

s@int wrote:Three outstanding candidates this season, Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano, with Torres head and shoulders in first place.

My three most disappointing players would be Riise, Pennant, Voronin - Kuyt just managing to escape being nominated by a decent end of season. Riise who I have always liked takes the booby prize after a forgettable season.

totally agree mate with everything you say- cause also
like you i have always liked riise, & it pains me to say
that sadly because he has had such a bad season
(although alot of players in the past, who i have liked)
have also had bad season"s by their own high standards
& survived to play another season for us, i think it could
well be jar who will pay the ultimate price for a forgettable
season & be shown the exit, although i still maintain there
should be players who deserve the exit door ahead of him!

i also think that the player who has impressed me, & if
he had played the full season would be in the running
is skrtel, he has been superb, consistant & i just hope
he starts next season the way he has finished this one!
anyone who has been the last few games will know what
i mean.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Based on the above , who would your player of the season be? I'd only put it choices for players who i think made a difference over the course of the season .

Harry Kewell.

disclaimer, my answer is a s serious as your question

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rush Job » Tue May 13, 2008 12:22 am

andy_g wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:By far the worst player this season has been Voronin. Some players may not be the most gifted or consistent but they do have a saving grace of some sort about them. Not Voronin, he's consistently bad and brings very little to the team. I pray Rafa ships him and his stupid pony tail out this summer.

and while i'm here i have to say that i strongly disagree with this statement. voronin is never going to set the world alight as a striker, although to be fair he's scored a few. on the whole though i think a lot of his play is very intelligent and he has the ability to use the ball quite well.  the back heel pass for gerrard's goal against besiktas, to bring up just one obvious example, is not the work of a rubbish player. i'm not going to lose a seconds sleep if we ship him out and get someone better, even better if we make a few quid on him, but in my opinion he's another one that gets an unfair amount of criticism on this forum.

Agree 100%
And oh yer Torres.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue May 13, 2008 1:38 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Pepe Reina has claimed the golden gloves for a 2nd time and for me it's hard to find a better keeper in the league.

Its his 3rd year in a row winning the golden glove award, outstanding
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 am

Torres by a country mile, followed by Gerrard, and Masch.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby zirgoz » Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 am

What a no brainer! the polls shoulda said "underachieve player of the season", now that would be a lot of contest would it?!
zirgoz

Postby Lolo » Tue May 13, 2008 4:51 am

Absolute no-brainer as far as Torres is concerned.

My praise also goes to Hyypia who (at 34 yrs old) came into the side following Agger's injury and excelled, but I have to disagree with some because I think by his own (very high) standards, Gerrard has not been as good as we know he can be. He had a long quiet spell in the early season and many posters were urging him to 'get stuck in' stamp his authority on the games.

Most disappointing - well sorry to say that finger has to be pointed at JAR (even without the 'header'). He's just not up to the task any more and we need to be looking for a serious improvement in that position.
Lolo

Postby ConnO'var » Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 am

Torres... no question.

2nd is a toss up between Gerrard and Mascherano..... for me it's too close too call even when you take in the 20+ goals and 20+ assists that Gerrard chalked up this season......
ConnO'var

Postby bigmick » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 am

Torres and Gerrard in a dead heat, but the striker takes it as he's new to the league and we'll charitably assume it's harder in your first season to adapt and things. Once all the oppositon defences have had a chance to have a good look at him though and worked out a defensive pattern accordingly, he might find himself in that "difficult second album" stage next season but whatever, we'll wait until then.

As for Gerrard, it doesn't seem to matter how many times they look at him he is still a fantastic player and it remains a shame that him and Carragher have yet to be involved in a title race.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am

bigmick wrote:Torres and Gerrard in a dead heat, but the striker takes it as he's new to the league and we'll charitably assume it's harder in your first season to adapt and things. Once all the oppositon defences have had a chance to have a good look at him though and worked out a defensive pattern accordingly, he might find himself in that "difficult second album" stage next season but whatever, we'll wait until then.

As for Gerrard, it doesn't seem to matter how many times they look at him he is still a fantastic player and it remains a shame that him and Carragher have yet to be involved in a title race.

Well that second Album should be absolute class if you ask me. In Torres last 11 games he score 12 goals, the guy is only gonna get better. Him and Stevie almost have a psychic connection on where the otehr will be but for me the player of the season is going to Torres. Great ability, great character, looks like he was was born with the shirt and an absolute gent both on and off the pitch
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Tue May 13, 2008 10:31 am

Torres - no contest
PhiLFC

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Tue May 13, 2008 10:34 am

s@int wrote:Three outstanding candidates this season, Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano, with Torres head and shoulders in first place.

Exactly my thoughts.  I think Torres was on another level this season but the other two definately showed their class.  Another couple of players of their quality and we'l be right up there next season.
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby metalhead » Tue May 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Fernando Torres is an overrated piece of :censored:

as I said when we first bought him, :D but oh boy I had a nice pie in the face. No question player of the season for Liverpool.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 13, 2008 1:04 pm

which :censored: voted for kuyt?

surprising as gerrard up to now has no votes!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion