Pepe reina, good enough for lfc? - He's making "david james" blunders.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:28 am

Chelsea Forever, yet another good post bang on the dot (but in a LFC forum???)...me think you are one of the following:

(1) a secret Liverpool fan at heart (you must be...) :shifty

(2) hedging your bet in case LFC won the league and CL (again!), then your'll change your nick and avatar :p

(3) supporting whoever is the favour of the month (only a joke, only a joke!!!)  :eyebrow

...I think you love and understand LFC and football more than the idiot Hustler does.

Yet again Hustler made a complete @$$ of himself. FYI I can deliver goal kicks all afternoon without a mistake, should my agent give Rafa a quick call? You do not have any idea of your own only slag the players and give us your "opinion" based on whatever the funny paper or the so-called "experts" commented on TV. If you think the squad is $h1te, go support the Toons. What a wasted sperm :no
Last edited by Santa on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:28 am

Kirkland was far too injury prone.

Besides, he's only on loan, so if he improves dramatically, we can bring him back.

Dudek, Carson and Reina in particular are good goalkeepers.

We should keep all three, and besides, Dudek is injured anyway.

All goalkeepers make mistakes ever so often.

I don't think Reina made a mistake against Moscow, it was one goal, big deal.

Cut the guy some slack, we still won the cup.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:36 am

People go on about how Schmeciel was a superb goalkeeper...............anyone here remember the goals scored against him in Euro96 ? especially Karol Porborskys goal ........as Manhattan said, all keepers make mistakes................nuff said

Chelsea Forever is a closet Liverpool fan :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:37 am

Santa - you missed option 4

(4) A chelsea fan, also a fan of the beautiful game, one who appreciates good players and good managers, one who reads the game and ponders over decissions managers make, one who appreciates fans of any club when they give it 100% support, one who dislikes fans who constantly have negetive thoughts about players and fail to provide any reasoning whatsoever. Someone who likes to share his views on the game with other fans, someone who wants other fans to voice their own thoughts and someone who thinks Zidane is the greatest player in the world ever!

That might have been just about right ... just about.
Chelsea forever.

Postby liamac » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:47 am

Have to say in all respect to you Chelsea , its good to see a Chelsea fan giving honest rational arguments. The reason why i say this is because where i work  there are two very very bitter Chelsea fans  who constantly bang on about how they lost to a "non" goal by Liverpool.
Its also good to see fans from other teams come onto a Liverpool forum and give rational arguments about football , this isnt a dig but its a shame Liverpool supporters cant go onto other fans teams forums and try and give rational arguments without being slated and criticised simply because they are "Liverpool" supporters
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:50 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Santa - you missed option 4

(4) A chelsea fan, also a fan of the beautiful game, one who appreciates good players and good managers, one who reads the game and ponders over decissions managers make, one who appreciates fans of any club when they give it 100% support, one who dislikes fans who constantly have negetive thoughts about players and fail to provide any reasoning whatsoever. Someone who likes to share his views on the game with other fans, someone who wants other fans to voice their own thoughts and someone who thinks Zidane is the greatest player in the world ever!

That might have been just about right ... just about.

:wwww  good enuff
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:09 am

Dudek is a good shot-stopper but is prone to make a lot of howlers, resulting in soft goals conceded. His howlers are worse than Bruce Grobbelaar.

Kirkland is often injured and we can't gamble on him for even half a season.

Reina has been mixed so far but he is still new and we should give him a chance. The goal he conceded was not down to him, but our defenders have been having lapses far too many times already this season. The same happened between Josemi and Hyppia in the CSKA Sofia game which prompted Carson to come off his line and successfullu fstopped the first attpemt only to have inadvertently given CSKA Sofia a second chance which luckly, was baloon over the goal.

Defenders, especially Hyppia, have been found wanting a bit too easily. This needs tightening. Reina made 2 great saves in the last few minutes in Sofia which I don't think Dudek can pull off, to be honest.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:32 am

I like Reina, I think he's gonna be a good keeper for us.  Like any keeper he's gonna make some mistakes but as long as he's wearing a reds jersey I'll be supporting him.  I think questioning him this early into the season is silly as for the most part he's been very solid.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:41 am

Luis Garcia -

A question for you. What are your views on Luis Garcia as a player? What do you make of his current form and start to the new season?

I await your thoughts ...
Chelsea forever.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 am

A.B. wrote:Blunder? Reina wouldn't have to come off his line if Hyypia didn't get caught of opposition so easily. He prefers to punch the ball out to the half way line because he's more comfortable than catching the ball.

AB i think Luis Garcia is right about the goal .

Reina didnt have to come off his line full stop ,its all very well and good trying to blame Hyypia for the goal but at the end of the day he came flying off his line when he didnt need to .

If he didnt fly out of goal like a bat out of hell and get caught in no mans land i would of happily put a bet on that the Russian guy wouldnt of scored ,or at least made it harder for the guy.
66-1112520797

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:27 am

Irrespective of whether Hustler is just trying to wind us up, I think that this is a reasonable discussion topic as we have a history of destroying keepers at Anfield. Certainly since Grobelaar left, we have had some of the most promising talent in the world grace our goal line, all looking good in the first season and quickly deteriorating thereafter. I have often wondered what the cause is.

When I first saw Reina playing for us and watched the ball flying out for a throw a good 30 yards away from the penalty area, as I was expecting our defence to allow the usual shot on goal from an inswinger, my jaw hit the ground and I cheered that we'll be ok this season. I still stand by that, I think that he has the makings of a great great keeper, provided his confidence levels stay up. That's 90% of the battle with a keeper and I really hope we don't proceed to eat him up in the same way as we have done others in the past.

With regards the goal on Friday, Sami was to blame there, plain and simple. Reina made a bad decision, but he'll learn from it, in fact I seem to remember he acted differently in the second half in a similar situation. All great keepers need great protection too and Sami has put the defence under pressure more times this season than I can seem to remember happening ever before. I criticised him on Friday at half time, but I thought he was a giant for us in the 2nd half and he showed why filling his shoes is going to be such a tough job.
Homebooby

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 am

Luiz Garcia I eagerly await your response to my question and my post on the 1st page of this topic.

Cheers
Chelsea forever.

Postby red_indian » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:47 am

i think Pepe was a little rash rushing out for the goal on friday night, but yes he was also let down by a pedestrian defence ahead of him on that moscow move. he's young enough to learn from it though - being a keeper is all about decision making, so he made a decision and this time it proved the wrong one. i'm sure the coaching staff will sit him down with videos of the move and highlight that he didn't need to come that far out at that angle as the guy would have to produce a great shot to beat him from that angle of the penalty area.

he's made one or two small mistakes elsewhere in other games, but nothing too alarming and in general his decisiveness, decision making and handling have been pretty much spot on. great kirklands in the England, thats only good for us, Pepe is also in the Spanish squad! Pepe i think in his time has shown more command of his area and better communication with the defence than many of our recent keepers ever have.
red_indian

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:33 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:People, it's Hustler.  When will you learn?  I'm going to bed.

If it is Hustler than he is banned form this forum.. should his threads therefore not be deleted  ???

Some of the threads started on here begger belief  :no

What will ppl be writing during a lean period  :upside:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:42 pm

Reinas played 2 EPL matches, give him a chance.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion