Pepe reina - Good keeper - another clean sheet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fuios » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:42 pm

when i first heard that benitez was getting another keeper and another spanish player i was dreading it. however with 8 clean sheets this season i think reina has proved to be one of liverpool's great players, probably the best spanish signing. he is a commanding presence in the liverpool defence and seems to have a good control of his area. keep it up reina
You'll never walk alone in liverpool, but you will in everton
Fuios

Postby Fuios » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:50 pm

liverpool let in on average one goal every 123 mins, just worked it out
You'll never walk alone in liverpool, but you will in everton
Fuios

Postby LFC_fan » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:00 pm

while 4 consecutive wins with 4 clean sheets is certainly something to shout about, but i wouldnt be too over the moon abt pepe. Yup, he does look class sometimes, especially with his shot stopping but as im sure most ppl will agree with me, he's still unsure of himself sometimes when coming off his line to collect crosses or to punch the ball.

Another point is that our defence and midefield have been rather impressive of late. Carra and Hypia form a formidable partnership in front of pepe and sissoko, though not as hot as he was when the season first started have been doing a decent job of covering the back 4. thus, greatly cutting down on Reina;s job scope.

also, not to take anything away from our last 4 opponents, the quality of their attackers were also found wanting. Villa, westham, pompy and the Belgians in the champs league aren't exactly sides that pocess players like fat frank, looney, robben, ronaldo and the likes. (which is also one of the reason why pepe let in 4 goals against chelski) which brings me to the first point.. pepe may be the one who let in 4 goals but collectively, the defence was at fault too.

Anyway Reina does instill alot more confidence to the defence than Dudek does and overall, it is a marked improvement from our goalkeeping department from last season. Reina';s still only 22 too and can only get better from experience.
LFC_fan

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 pm

Reina is class and rafa describes him as the best keeper in europe but not our best spanish signing that has got to be josemi

:D  just kidding alonso
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby gary106 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:16 pm

lol i got VERY woried about you then

so far he looks good but as said above cross collecting/punching still worries me slighty
gary106

Postby welshred » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:25 pm

:D josemi

Reina is getting better on the crosses when he first started he didnt have a clue what to do punch catch or stay on his line,but hes improving loads. I think Dudecks days are numbered which will move carson into second choise
welshred

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:17 pm

Fuios wrote:liverpool let in on average one goal every 123 mins, just worked it out

Not bad considering he let in 4 against Chelsea. You take those out and think about the average.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:22 am

Alonso has been the best signing full stop. Reina is a quality Goalkeeper, and his decisions on crosses will improve once he's totally used to the physical side of the Premiership.
His shot-stopping is awesome, and once he's mastered English aswell as the crosses, we'll have a better 'keeper than Sh*tski, IMO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:26 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Alonso has been the best signing full stop. Reina is a quality Goalkeeper, and his decisions on crosses will improve once he's totally used to the physical side of the Premiership.
His shot-stopping is awesome, and once he's mastered English aswell as the crosses, we'll have a better 'keeper than Sh*tski, IMO.

That's a good point, Cech has been in England for a while now.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion