Pepe reina, good enough for lfc? - He's making "david james" blunders.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:45 am

Hello.

Just a quick one about our new keeper.

I watched in horror when he made that blunder on friday night in the Supercup final. Thankfully, Cisse spared his blushes. But its not the first little error he's made in the games I have seen him so far.
Dont get me wrong, I will support the guy (unusually for me) whilst he's in a LFC shirt, but whats with all this punching the ball instead of catching it, and coming for crosses and not getting the ball???

What on earth did he come off his line for in the Super cup final? If he'd have stayed put, hed have restricted the striker to a difficult angle shot on goal. But he came out and didnt get the ball or the player! Thats a David James error in my book.

I think the "Best goalkeeper in spain" needs to pull up his socks a little. I think Dudek , Carson and Kirkland were sufficient enough for the squad. Hence, Kirklands England call up. the 6m or so we have wasted on Reina, could have been Rafas Owen deal money.

he's not that impressive, and id be blaming him for losing us the match if Cisse had not put the ball in in the 82nd minute.

(not to mention Garcia and his "Stevie wonder" glasses he wears when shooting, which I could wrtie a whole new topic on!)

Not good enough!
:angry:
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 am

Hello.

I watched in horror when he made that blunder on friday night in the Supercup final. Thankfully, Cisse spared his blushes. But its not the first little error he's made in the games I have seen him so far.
Dont get me wrong, I will support the guy (unusually for me) whilst he's in a LFC shirt, but whats with all this punching the ball instead of catching it, and coming for crosses and not getting the ball???

Blunder? Reina wouldn't have to come off his line if Hyypia didn't get caught of opposition so easily. He prefers to punch the ball out to the half way line because he's more comfortable than catching the ball.

I think the "Best goalkeeper in spain" needs to pull up his socks a little. I think Dudek , Carson and Kirkland were sufficient enough for the squad. Hence, Kirklands England call up. the 6m or so we have wasted on Reina, could have been Rafas Owen deal money.

Dudek and Kirkland were not sufficient enough for the squad thats why Reina was brought in. Dudek was superb in his first season here however afterwards he continued to make blunders week in and week out. Dudek is indecessive and second guesses himself whenever a ball is crossed into the box thus making him very vulnurable. Whilst Kirkland is a tall keeper he too p1sses his pants when a ball is crossed into the box. Kirkland's constant injuries also prevented him from installing any confidence in himself or the back four, and we can't wait for years until he gets rid of his injury bug.

So what if he got an England call up? Warnock got one as well, does that make him a class act? Eriksson gives every flavour of the month a call up. He gave a call up to a defender from Charlton, and Bent. What the feck have the pair of them done? Nothing.

he's not that impressive, and id be blaming him for losing us the match if Cisse had not put the ball in in the 82nd minute.

That's your opinion. I'd be blaming Hyypia for losing his marker and getting caught out of position.

Please provide another example of a "blunder" Reina has made because your topic title suggest that he's made one in every game.

Stop watching football and go watch cricket.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kopboyau » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:11 am

Reina not good enough ??

You have to be kidding right, this is not a serious post. How many goals has Kirkland let in at WBA. How many goals has Reina let in. Post over
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:18 am

People, it's Hustler.  When will you learn?  I'm going to bed.
jonnymac1979

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:39 am

A.B. you really crack me up, There are so many poor badly informed comments in your post its untrue.

A.B. wrote:
Blunder? Reina wouldn't have to come off his line if Hyypia didn't get caught of opposition so easily. He prefers to punch the ball out to the half way line because he's more comfortable than catching the ball.

Oh he prefers? well not all of the punches are gonna go to the halfway line, often to the opposition strikers.
If he came for the ball, why did he not get it? is his timing out or something?

Dudek and Kirkland were not sufficient enough for the squad

Oh yes they were lad. Dudeks performance in the champions league final alone warranted a first team place this season. he must be wondering what he has to do. Had it largely not been for Jerzy, that 5th cup would not be now sitting in the trophy cabinet. rafa could have rotated them, and carson for backup.

Dudek is indecessive and second guesses himself whenever a ball is crossed into the box thus making him very vulnurable

indecisive? what like reina?  you havent a clue lad.

Eriksson gives every flavour of the month a call up. He gave a call up to a defender from Charlton, and Bent. What the feck have the pair of them done? Nothing.

charlton have virtually a 100% record no? Bent has scored 3 or 4 and shows potential ?
I wouldnt call that nothing. again clueless.

That's your opinion. I'd be blaming Hyypia for losing his marker and getting caught out of position.

Please provide another example of a "blunder" Reina has made because your topic title suggest that he's made one in every game.

so does reina not spot carragher closing in on the attacker then? cause everyone watching on TV could see it !

He made another blunder, same game i think. he took a goal kick that was poor and it went to a moscow attacker. i mean, taking goal kicks, it aint rocket sceince. !

A.B. you havent a clue.

on ITV ex players Ally Mcoist and Andy Townsend both questioned Reina's decision to come out and blamed him for the goal. I'll take their word over yours.

And I'll also take erricsons word for picking the players he thinks are fit to play for england. if a player is in form, theres no harm in seeing what they can do at international level.

DOH!
Luis Garcia

Postby XSD » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:45 am

Luis Garcia wrote:Hello.

What on earth did he come off his line for in the Super cup final? If he'd have stayed put, hed have restricted the striker to a difficult angle shot on goal. But he came out and didnt get the ball or the player! Thats a David James error in my book.

(not to mention Garcia and his "Stevie wonder" glasses he wears when shooting, which I could wrtie a whole new topic on!)

Not good enough!

idiot?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:07 am

Oh yes they were lad. Dudeks performance in the champions league final alone warranted a first team place this season. he must be wondering what he has to do. Had it largely not been for Jerzy, that 5th cup would not be now sitting in the trophy cabinet. rafa could have rotated them, and carson for backup.

Dudeks performance in the Champions League does not make up for years of mistakes that cost us points. He wasn't fantastic in the entire final it self, he had his shaky moments but I give him credit for the saves he did make in that game. However in that very same season he was poor. Prime example is the goal he let in against Manchester United at Anfield.

If he can play week in and week out like he did against Milan it would be great but he can't, thats why he is no longer number one and he's injured as well so he won't get his chance anytime soon.

Oh he prefers? well not all of the punches are gonna go to the halfway line, often to the opposition strikers.
If he came for the ball, why did he not get it? is his timing out or something?

Reina punches the ball into touch or to the half way line. Unless a striker can score from the half-way line everytime or directly from a throw in then there is no problem.

so does reina not spot carragher closing in on the attacker then? cause everyone watching on TV could see it !

He made another blunder, same game i think. he took a goal kick that was poor and it went to a moscow attacker. i mean, taking goal kicks, it aint rocket sceince. !

I watch the game twice and I didn't see him make two blunders. You were watching the game with a blindfold on, and if he did take one goal kick poorely how does one poor goal kick make him  a bad keeper? How does that give you the right to say "good enough". Talking with your foot in your mouth once again.

A.B. you havent a clue.

You can't tell the difference between your ar$e and your elbow. You haven't gotten a clue.

And I'll also take erricsons word for picking the players he thinks are fit to play for england. if a player is in form, theres no harm in seeing what they can do at international level.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:39 am

Luis Garcia wrote:Hello.

Not good enough!

LOL  :laugh:

Nice post for a good laugh, thanks  :p
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:46 am

i have seen reina make a couple of slight errors, but nothing to be concerned about IMO. hes very commanding, shouts alot, i remember watching the TNS games and you could hear reina for miles. most importantly the back four hyppia, finnan etc. have confidence in him, they dont have the same confidence in dudek, kirkland or even carson. now thats an important factor, he hasnt gained this for no reason, they know hes a good keeper, and so do i.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:52 am

oh and if reina saved that goal that CSKA scored everyone would have been praising him for coming off his line so quick to rectify hyppia's mistake, so i dont blame him for that decision.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:56 am

Everyone take no notice of Hustler he's posting negative sh1t3 as usual :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:01 am

So long I think he's good ...  but the problem is our hypia is getting old ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby babu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:11 am

What a D!ck.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:49 am

I am in no position to comment as I am a Chelsea Supporter, but ever since iv come to this forum 100% of Luis Garcias posts have been negetive comments about the club he supposedly supports. If I remember I did agree with one of his comments (cant remember which one). I think its fair to make a comment and have adequate reasoning behind it, but its unfair to constantly slag off players for the silliest of mistakes they make and its even more unfair to slag off each and every player in the squad.

Many great keepers like the Mighty Gigi Buffon of Juventus, the young Ikar Cassies of Madrid the Brazilian Dida and even the gigantic Schmical of Manu have made erros in the past. One learns only from their mistakes, if you have 3 good games and then make an error in the 4th it doesnt mean you are a worthless buy and a waste of money. Its only by making these mistakes that you learn, no one is an end product when you buy them, no one can make the correct decissions each time, every player is learning as each game goes by.

I have been critical of Drogba and I always will be as he has a woeful first touch, but me slagging him off is never going to help the cause. He isnt the best striker in the world but he offers something that not many others do.

The bottom line is you have to respect your manager and support the choices he makes. Rafa didnt win all he has in the last 3 years just by luck, and Jose didnt win all he has in the last 3 years by luck either. Obvioulsy they know what they are doing when they want Reina in goal and Didier up front. So, it would be nice to see football fans not criticize the managers and players and support them for once!

My take on Luis Garcia - he is one of the following

(1) An Everton fan (or a fan of another club) just here for a laugh

(2) A frustrated man who has never seen a ladys @rse

(3) A man suffereing from some sort of disorder

(4) A hocky fan, watching football thinking its cricket.

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby liamac » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:12 am

Id say all four of  the above .......emphasising heavily on number 2 :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion