LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:11 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 am wrote:Hops he turns out better than Aspas...

who is this person you speak of  :D

alberto dosent look to be blessed with pace but looks like he has a football brain. hope to see him start against cardiff  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 pm

So, if Rodgers isn't prepared to put Alberto on today, with everyone in the squad looking exhausted, when is he ever going to get a run?

I'm surprised, he's looked good in the glimpses we've seen, and we could have used the fresh legs and guile he'd have brought.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:31 am

Cant believe Rodgers brought on Smith instead of him
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:26 am

Maybe he has come to the conclusion that he isn't good enough?

Very worrying that we spent 7m on a player that can't get a game even when we are dropping off like flys.   ???
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:13 am

Fowler_E7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:Cant believe Rodgers brought on Smith instead of him

smith has one of the worst performance i have seen for a debutant.
worlds apart from starting.
surprise alberto didnt play
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 pm

eds » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 am wrote:Maybe he has come to the conclusion that he isn't good enough?

Very worrying that we spent 7m on a player that can't get a game even when we are dropping off like flys.   ???

From the little we have seen he is at least much better than Smith.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Strange one bringing on Smith instead of Alberto yesterday.  Rodgers always claims he picks the team based on what he sees in training.  I can only imagine he hasn't been impressed with this lad in training where we don't see him, because he's looked like he has a decent touch and eye for a pass when he has played.  He does look slow though and maybe Rodgers thought with the pace of the game yesterday it'd just pass him by getting thrown into it.

Either way 7mil isn't looking a great investment at this point.  Same goes for Llori who hasn't had a sniff of first team action either and is probably going backwards in terms of development stuck in our 21s instead of getting at least some first team games where he was in Portugal.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 pm

JC_81 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:26 pm wrote:Strange one bringing on Smith instead of Alberto yesterday.  Rodgers always claims he picks the team based on what he sees in training.  I can only imagine he hasn't been impressed with this lad in training where we don't see him, because he's looked like he has a decent touch and eye for a pass when he has played.  He does look slow though and maybe Rodgers thought with the pace of the game yesterday it'd just pass him by getting thrown into it.

Either way 7mil isn't looking a great investment at this point.  Same goes for Llori who hasn't had a sniff of first team action either and is probably going backwards in terms of development stuck in our 21s instead of getting at least some first team games where he was in Portugal.

rodgers moved coutinho into the middle and needed a wide player to fill the space, alberto isnt really an athletic up-and-down-the-line type so he opted for smith instead.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm also wondering why we had kids like Smith and Rossiter on the bench instead of someone like Texeira or McLaughlin. Those kids were highly rated not so long ago. I'm surprised I haven't seen either of them at least on the bench.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:19 am

Octsky » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:13 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:31 pm wrote:Cant believe Rodgers brought on Smith instead of him

smith has one of the worst performance i have seen for a debutant.
worlds apart from starting.
surprise alberto didnt play

I agree.

The poor kid was awful and completely out of his depth.

He should have been nowhere near our bench or even on the field for that matter.

Very strange decision for Rodgers to bring him on, regardless of our "depleted" situation.

Surely we could have re-thought the tactics and brought Alberto on.

And why the f**k have we not played Ilori for a few minutes here and there.

Can't believe Rodgers has wasted 20m on Aspas, Alberto and Ilori combined! Staggering.  :no

C'mon Duck Dodgers, let's do better in January mate.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:57 am

Alberto would have brought a lot of ball retention to the game and I'm disappointed he didn't play. I'm also disappointed that players like Aspas and Alberto have been purchased for a considerably high amount to be on the bench. I never understand why managers do that. If that's the case, why purchase to begin with? Why not just have Yesil and Suso on the bench as it wouldn't make any difference anyway.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redno7 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 pm

problem with todays 'fan' is the manager is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends lots on top quality and sits them all on the bench...  fans moan 'why waste £80m on players to just sit on the bench?'
So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends not a lot of money on the bench players...    fans moan 'we wont win anything cos we don't have enough quality on the bench!'
So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends average amounts of money on average players...   fans moan 'Aspas is sh!te, Alberto doesn't get picked blah blah blah what a waste'

damned if he does, damned if he don't
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:26 pm

redno7 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 am wrote:problem with todays 'fan' is the manager is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends lots on top quality and sits them all on the bench...  fans moan 'why waste £80m on players to just sit on the bench?'
So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends not a lot of money on the bench players...    fans moan 'we wont win anything cos we don't have enough quality on the bench!'
So BR get his strongest 11 sorted the he spends average amounts of money on average players...   fans moan 'Aspas is sh!te, Alberto doesn't get picked blah blah blah what a waste'

damned if he does, damned if he don't

What rubbish. How do you know that it's quality when they don't even get a chance to play?
And you're suggesting that you've no issues with Smith coming on ahead of Alberto?
:no
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:50 am

Liverpool winger Luis Alberto will be leaving Anfield this summer after a failed debut season.

The Spain Under-21 international signed for the Reds last July from La Liga side Sevilla for around £7million but has since seen his first-team participation limited, featuring only as a substitute in all his nine appearances in the Premier League and was dropped from the lineup several times.

According to Football Direct News, his recent involvement in a drunk-driving controversy that had him suspended from taking on the wheels for twelve months aggravated the fact that he was not able to live up to his billing, prompting the Merseyside hierarchy to send him elsewhere before he becomes a headache.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 am

Liverpool FC star Luis Alberto was banned from the road after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

The 21-year-old Spanish attacking midfielder was caught during the early hours on Monday, March 31, while driving home from a friend's birthday party.

Police stopped the footballer, who was driving a white Porsche, on Croxteth Drive as he appeared to be using his mobile phone.

Alberto, whose full name is Luis Alberto Alconchel Romero, was also seen swerving the car and, after narrowly missing an island, was asked to step out of his vehicle and undergo a breath test.

He was found to be nearly double the legal limit of 35mg, with a recorded 61mg, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Alberto, who was accompanied by an interpreter at Liverpool magistrates' court yesterday, admitted being in control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

His lawyer, Michael Hogan, said: "Mr Romero does not go out, this was the first time he has been out properly since he has been in Liverpool.”

He added: "Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol.  Normally his drinking habits are modest and with being a professional footballer, he will find it difficult without the use of his car.”

District Judge Richard Clancy banned the football star for 12 months and ordered him to attend an alcohol awareness course

He said: "You will have six months to pass a drink drive course, if this is completed in six months the ban will be reduced to nine months."

He was also fined £1,500 and told to pay a a £150 victim surcharge.

Alberto, who was signed from Sevilla last summer for £6m, has made a total of 12 appearances this season, but is yet to start a Premier League game.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion