Newcastle vs liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 pm

GYBS wrote:im sorry stu but the other squads dont have i gk of the quality of pepe nor centre backs like carra skrtel or agger plus midfielders like masher or xabi . As well as other players like keane , reira and kuyt . Yes gerrard and torres are our two world class players but we would be nowhere without the other players to compliment them . Even as stated by our own captain 'best squad he has ever been involved in ' . Also you say torres has been involved in helping us be top with some important goals ? Does that not also count for kuyt who has hit some important winners and has scored more than torres in the prem so far ? You really do a serious injustice to most of our players .it takes more than two superstars .

I'm sorry GYBS but thats completely blind again to any Liverpool players faults, not that I'm suprised by that though. Or the fact you again compare the contributions of Dirk Kuyt to that of one of the best players ever to play for the club.

Laughable really. :laugh:

The fact is when you watch alot of football you realise there is more than one team in the league and there are other good players out there who are often as good at those at your own side and in some cases better. Now thats not to say that these players at your own team aren't good players or don't suit your system.

Its a bit like when your'e a kid and you play Sunday league and you always have two or three really good players in your side who you think are the best in the league. Then you're mates at School play for someone else and they have two or three who they think are the best, then they have town trials and you all get picked and you get to know certain players better and the lads who you did know are still good players, but you realise that theres other good players out there too and in some cases the lads who play for your team aren't always the best in the league, its just that you're used to the quality they have shining through every game you think they're untouchable.

There are plenty of midfielders out there as good as Alonso if not better, there are certainly sides out there with better players in other positions than what we have. For example Tottenham Hotspur have four better individual players at the back, but fitness, tactical play and whether they compliment each other are all massive issues. Woodgate is twice the player any of our defenders are in just about Every aspect of the game. King is probably also alot better than any player we have there, as is Bale and also Hutton and Corluka.

As for the other players there are plenty of players out there in the league better than what we have.

For example I'd say Man City have a far more creative and attacking team than we do, maybe not better individuals and not the right balance but in terms of footballers I'd say they consistently play "prettier" football than us. Obviously thats an obscene statement and couldn't possibly be true because it would mean a side in the bottom half of the league has the ability to produce better attacking football than the top side after half a season.

As for doing an injustice to our players I disagree completely. I think Alonso's very good. I love Carragher's fight, passion, brain and commitment. I love Reina full stop. He's excellent and his distribution, vision and intelligence to start attacks is unbelievable. Riera has superb attributes and does alot of good work. Mascherano has his uses and Keane has good intelligence and quality in his game. Just because I like alot our players doesn't mean I think they're something they aren't.

I can see their faults and what we lack as a team, I can also see when we have poor players like Kuyt, Babel and Lucas who often contribute absoloutely nothing to the team what so ever and are often a massive hinderance to our play.

You see, I'm a firm believer that great players don't have many "bad" games. They may have some average ones, but never bad ones and thats generally the case with Torres or Gerrard. They are either the best on the pitch or ok. They never play a poor game (unless out of position). The likes of Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher, Skyrtel, Agger, Hyypia and Riera again, while not consistently being one of our best players again dont' have as many bad games.

When one attacking player has a bad game it can immensely disrupt the flow of a team. There has been so many games over the years for Liverpool where a player like Kuyt has played badly and its seemed every move has broken down with him. Now, as a player I've played with a player like that before as a youngster and it frustrated the living day lights out of me. We had a lad called Mick who would throw his body in for any tackle and was a willing runner, he always chased lost causes and ran his :censored: off and usually popped up with a tap in off someone elses good work. One game in particular we were struggling to break a team down and really were hammering them.

We had about 70% of the ball. Everything though seemed to break down through him. At half time he got himself into a scuffle and got booked so the manager decided to swap him for aslightly better but less hard working player. All of a sudden the moves where continuing when they were breaking down in the first half, you were receiving the ball back in the area's you wanted it rather than being frustrated at someone losing it. You were able to pass to someone knowing they would do something decent with the ball rather than lose possession. This resulted in us winning the game 5-0, argueabley in the first half we had more of the ball.

The fact is not all of only see postives. Some of us are see both sides and often lean towards the side which favours the team. IE I personally think Alonso is slow occassionally and sometimes is to quick to play the simple ball, but overall his contribution to the team is immense so therefore you tend not to look at his weaknesses so much.

Where as the likes of the happy clappers look at Kuyt and don't care that all he does is run around alot because he gets the odd lucky goal where the ball deflects into his path and he smashes it in or because the keeper he's smashed the ball directly at isn't good enough to save it. But the objective people see him run upto players and not put a tackle in, see him pull out of 50/50's, they see him miss sitters and chances he should score, they see that as a forward he doesn't really create anything or make anything happen himself and he doesn't really contribute anything to this club. They also see the lack of basic Sunday league control let him down on occassions (which is unacceptable in the premiership let alone LFC) and the lack of ability he has to pass a ball. They also see a player who causes alot of moves to break down.

The fact is GYBS, Gerrard and Torres are world class.

Reina is superb. You can get away with one of Carragher, Skrytel, Hyypia and Agger (although I'd personally prefere one of them replaced with a world class centre half) and maybe a pairing of them. Reira and Alonso are quality as is Keane.

Keane    Torres
Riera   Gerrard   Alonso
                    Carragher
                 Reina

Oh look, that leaves four positions I'd like to see improved, thats over half a team though that I think is good enough. Add into that players I think you can get away with ON OCCASSION, Agger, Skyrtel, Hyypia, Insua, Pennant, Bennayoun, El Zhar, Arbeloa and then all of a sudden it looks like I rate most of our team to a decent standard. We have a decent side and squad, but theres alot of room for improvement and we're lucky this season United and Chelsea are weaker than in previous seasons and we could well captilize on that if Benitez can get the best out of what we have. (He won't do that by dropping Keane everytime he hits form).

What I'd like though is a top player to replace adequate players on the right, at right back and at centre half.

If you put Woodgate, Bullard and Johnson in that team for example then there for me is a massive improvement on what we have and a team with real ability while keeping some of the qualities of the replaced players.

I'd absoloutely wet myself at the thought of those three players playing with the ones we already have as we'd have players there then that not only compliment each other but give us things we've already got and add things we don't have.

The frustration comes with people accepting average and dross players as first teamers and the manager continuously gambling on our chances when there is no need to.

Of course, I don't expect you to see any of that.

You just keep living in your dream world where we've always had the best 11 but can't win the league because we're unlucky.

You keep thinking that the weak links are good enough and they get made into "scapegoats" because of the way they look.

You carry on wondering why we often fall short and ignoring the fact its because players like Kuyt and Babel aren't good enough.

I'll sit here knowing that as soon as something is done about the dross this side like Kuyt the sooner we'll move forward as a team and improve to a level where I think we can consistently challenge and win the league.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 pm

I would gladly get rid of Kuyt if he was replaced by someone better but who and the hard reality of money before I see replies with huge lists of strikers.  I think Rafa knows where he is going but is doing it in stages and there will be buys that dont live up to what he expected of them and buys that exceed that.  I disagree with you about Agger as I think he will become first choice and Skrtel looks at the moment to be heir to Carra in a few seasons time.

I agree with you about Woodgate but we have Agger and Skrtel so I dont lose sleep over it.  We should have bid for Bale but he was over ten million for an 18 year old left back and the rumours from cardiff about Ramsay were that Rafa bid for him but stated that he could not go over a couple of million and Arsenal over doubled that bid.  Babel on th eother hand looks like he is about to become a class player but is prevented from doing so by some urge of his to remain mediocre.  This could be a mental thing as doing it elsewhere is different from doing it at Liverpool and I nver thought that Ajax would be an elsewhere club and he seems to flirt with thinking he has made it to looking like he is scared, sometime in a 45 min period.

But if I agree with your Tottenham analogy then you must conced that if the players are comparable then rafa is far superior to any manger that they have had in the last five years even the current Madrid manager
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 pm

first of all where exactly would bullard play and instead of who ? Woodgate ? Maybe 6 or 7 years ago at least but these days he is nowhere near as good as agger or skrtel , in my opinion that is plus the fact he is always injured , you say only one defender is good enough yet for the last three seasons our defence has been consistently one of the best in the league ?. Yeah johnson would be a good addition to the team that i agree on . Secondly where have i ever said or compared kuyt to the greatest player to be at the club ? I said he has contributed to us being at the top this season due to some very good performances and has scored some crucial goals that has enabled us to win games , that is a fact that cant be denied just like you say torres has contributed  . Thirdly i have seen torres have a few very bad games for us and also seen gerrard been poor for us as well . Yeah they are world class but not perfect .finally where have i ever said we have the best 11 in the league and have just been unlucky ? Never said that myself , have always thought we have been missing a few players and still would like a couple of additions to the squad . Oh and thanks for just about getting thru a post without insults even thou you pretty much still dismiss anyone else having a different opinion as yourself . None of us are wrong its all just each others opinion on the matter .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 pm

taff wrote:Ok lets forget about Newcastle for a minute as before the game they were at home and fighting for points so we are tainted with the 90 mins that they produced.

I was a bit surprised that Keane did not play a part in the game, not surprised that he didnt start to be honest as he played 90 mins two days earlier and if Im honest he fades quicker than Kuyt over the length of a game although Kuyt does seem to be super fit.  Maybe he was injured maybe not but he was probably not a 100% match fit and seeing how the game panned out from the start we were only ever going to win.

So how about this for an argument that Rafa and the coaching team decided with the 3 points looking good to rest Keane completely which IMO was a good decision if and this is the big IF.  Keane was happy with this and knows its a squad game.  Before you say he wasnt happy how do you know, in fact we dont know.  This might have ruined his confidence as has been stated or he might be over the moon that he knows the club are backing him, he had a rest and will be chomping at the bit for the next game especially after seeing the team create chance after chance.

There is no media frenzy with Keane this time so its the 5 goals scored or maybe that he looked happy with his lot.  Sammy Lee hinted in his interview that its about working hard in training and utilising all squad players so you could read into that that if Keane workd hard in training he will play against Preston and hopefully score some goals.

But as it stands the we ruined Keanes confidence is at this moment in time unfounded as there is every posibility that the club hasnt.  In fact we gave game time to Benny and Babel and Lucas who all needed a lift, and Mash as well to a certain extent so its not all about Keane, but the noises coming from Keane and the club both indicate this anyway.

We have turned a bit of a corner here since the Bolton game where our attacking has improved and one can only assume that this has been worked on in training and now we have a few players who are up for playing but more importantly have proved they can offer a good contribution.

If it was up to me I would let Keane lead the line against Preston and with todays events re SG maybe even partner Kuyt or in an ideal world Torres

Ok, let me put it this way as its the easiest way I can think of explaining it.

I'm not a professional footballer. I have however played at a semi-professional standard on a few occassions. I can put my hand on my heart and know I'm a good player on a Sunday league pitch. I know that generally I am one of the main reasons for my team doing as well as they do. (obviously I dont' do it all on my own no matter how much I often think I do). :D

From that, I know thats most of that is due to my desire to play, learn and be the best. Its alot more so than the other lads. Now I've played with alot better players than I will ever be and a re-occuring theme with these better players is competativeness and the fact they all want to play.

I can't for the life of me think for a second that any of these lads in the premier league don't want to play. Every player in that league has an attribute or two that allows them to play there, no matter how poor they may be. I tell you now, some of Keane's strengths are mental attributes, determination, work rate, leadership and even aggression/competativeness. This therefore leads me to find it impossible he can even comprehend being left out after scoring twice in the previous game.

My personal take on it. :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:im sorry stu but the other squads dont have i gk of the quality of pepe nor centre backs like carra skrtel or agger plus midfielders like masher or xabi . As well as other players like keane , reira and kuyt . Yes gerrard and torres are our two world class players but we would be nowhere without the other players to compliment them . Even as stated by our own captain 'best squad he has ever been involved in ' . Also you say torres has been involved in helping us be top with some important goals ? Does that not also count for kuyt who has hit some important winners and has scored more than torres in the prem so far ? You really do a serious injustice to most of our players .it takes more than two superstars .

I'm sorry GYBS but thats completely blind again to any Liverpool players faults, not that I'm suprised by that though. Or the fact you again compare the contributions of Dirk Kuyt to that of one of the best players ever to play for the club.

Laughable really. :laugh:

The fact is when you watch alot of football you realise there is more than one team in the league and there are other good players out there who are often as good at those at your own side and in some cases better. Now thats not to say that these players at your own team aren't good players or don't suit your system.

Its a bit like when your'e a kid and you play Sunday league and you always have two or three really good players in your side who you think are the best in the league. Then you're mates at School play for someone else and they have two or three who they think are the best, then they have town trials and you all get picked and you get to know certain players better and the lads who you did know are still good players, but you realise that theres other good players out there too and in some cases the lads who play for your team aren't always the best in the league, its just that you're used to the quality they have shining through every game you think they're untouchable.

There are plenty of midfielders out there as good as Alonso if not better, there are certainly sides out there with better players in other positions than what we have. For example Tottenham Hotspur have four better individual players at the back, but fitness, tactical play and whether they compliment each other are all massive issues. Woodgate is twice the player any of our defenders are in just about Every aspect of the game. King is probably also alot better than any player we have there, as is Bale and also Hutton and Corluka.

As for the other players there are plenty of players out there in the league better than what we have.

For example I'd say Man City have a far more creative and attacking team than we do, maybe not better individuals and not the right balance but in terms of footballers I'd say they consistently play "prettier" football than us. Obviously thats an obscene statement and couldn't possibly be true because it would mean a side in the bottom half of the league has the ability to produce better attacking football than the top side after half a season.

As for doing an injustice to our players I disagree completely. I think Alonso's very good. I love Carragher's fight, passion, brain and commitment. I love Reina full stop. He's excellent and his distribution, vision and intelligence to start attacks is unbelievable. Riera has superb attributes and does alot of good work. Mascherano has his uses and Keane has good intelligence and quality in his game. Just because I like alot our players doesn't mean I think they're something they aren't.

I can see their faults and what we lack as a team, I can also see when we have poor players like Kuyt, Babel and Lucas who often contribute absoloutely nothing to the team what so ever and are often a massive hinderance to our play.

You see, I'm a firm believer that great players don't have many "bad" games. They may have some average ones, but never bad ones and thats generally the case with Torres or Gerrard. They are either the best on the pitch or ok. They never play a poor game (unless out of position). The likes of Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher, Skyrtel, Agger, Hyypia and Riera again, while not consistently being one of our best players again dont' have as many bad games.

When one attacking player has a bad game it can immensely disrupt the flow of a team. There has been so many games over the years for Liverpool where a player like Kuyt has played badly and its seemed every move has broken down with him. Now, as a player I've played with a player like that before as a youngster and it frustrated the living day lights out of me. We had a lad called Mick who would throw his body in for any tackle and was a willing runner, he always chased lost causes and ran his :censored: off and usually popped up with a tap in off someone elses good work. One game in particular we were struggling to break a team down and really were hammering them.

We had about 70% of the ball. Everything though seemed to break down through him. At half time he got himself into a scuffle and got booked so the manager decided to swap him for aslightly better but less hard working player. All of a sudden the moves where continuing when they were breaking down in the first half, you were receiving the ball back in the area's you wanted it rather than being frustrated at someone losing it. You were able to pass to someone knowing they would do something decent with the ball rather than lose possession. This resulted in us winning the game 5-0, argueabley in the first half we had more of the ball.

The fact is not all of only see postives. Some of us are see both sides and often lean towards the side which favours the team. IE I personally think Alonso is slow occassionally and sometimes is to quick to play the simple ball, but overall his contribution to the team is immense so therefore you tend not to look at his weaknesses so much.

Where as the likes of the happy clappers look at Kuyt and don't care that all he does is run around alot because he gets the odd lucky goal where the ball deflects into his path and he smashes it in or because the keeper he's smashed the ball directly at isn't good enough to save it. But the objective people see him run upto players and not put a tackle in, see him pull out of 50/50's, they see him miss sitters and chances he should score, they see that as a forward he doesn't really create anything or make anything happen himself and he doesn't really contribute anything to this club. They also see the lack of basic Sunday league control let him down on occassions (which is unacceptable in the premiership let alone LFC) and the lack of ability he has to pass a ball. They also see a player who causes alot of moves to break down.

The fact is GYBS, Gerrard and Torres are world class.

Reina is superb. You can get away with one of Carragher, Skrytel, Hyypia and Agger (although I'd personally prefere one of them replaced with a world class centre half) and maybe a pairing of them. Reira and Alonso are quality as is Keane.

Keane    Torres
Riera   Gerrard   Alonso
                    Carragher
                 Reina

Oh look, that leaves four positions I'd like to see improved, thats over half a team though that I think is good enough. Add into that players I think you can get away with ON OCCASSION, Agger, Skyrtel, Hyypia, Insua, Pennant, Bennayoun, El Zhar, Arbeloa and then all of a sudden it looks like I rate most of our team to a decent standard. We have a decent side and squad, but theres alot of room for improvement and we're lucky this season United and Chelsea are weaker than in previous seasons and we could well captilize on that if Benitez can get the best out of what we have. (He won't do that by dropping Keane everytime he hits form).

What I'd like though is a top player to replace adequate players on the right, at right back and at centre half.

If you put Woodgate, Bullard and Johnson in that team for example then there for me is a massive improvement on what we have and a team with real ability while keeping some of the qualities of the replaced players.

I'd absoloutely wet myself at the thought of those three players playing with the ones we already have as we'd have players there then that not only compliment each other but give us things we've already got and add things we don't have.

The frustration comes with people accepting average and dross players as first teamers and the manager continuously gambling on our chances when there is no need to.

Of course, I don't expect you to see any of that.

You just keep living in your dream world where we've always had the best 11 but can't win the league because we're unlucky.

You keep thinking that the weak links are good enough and they get made into "scapegoats" because of the way they look.

You carry on wondering why we often fall short and ignoring the fact its because players like Kuyt and Babel aren't good enough.

I'll sit here knowing that as soon as something is done about the dross this side like Kuyt the sooner we'll move forward as a team and improve to a level where I think we can consistently challenge and win the league.

The player rater has spoken.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
taff wrote:Ok lets forget about Newcastle for a minute as before the game they were at home and fighting for points so we are tainted with the 90 mins that they produced.

I was a bit surprised that Keane did not play a part in the game, not surprised that he didnt start to be honest as he played 90 mins two days earlier and if Im honest he fades quicker than Kuyt over the length of a game although Kuyt does seem to be super fit.  Maybe he was injured maybe not but he was probably not a 100% match fit and seeing how the game panned out from the start we were only ever going to win.

So how about this for an argument that Rafa and the coaching team decided with the 3 points looking good to rest Keane completely which IMO was a good decision if and this is the big IF.  Keane was happy with this and knows its a squad game.  Before you say he wasnt happy how do you know, in fact we dont know.  This might have ruined his confidence as has been stated or he might be over the moon that he knows the club are backing him, he had a rest and will be chomping at the bit for the next game especially after seeing the team create chance after chance.

There is no media frenzy with Keane this time so its the 5 goals scored or maybe that he looked happy with his lot.  Sammy Lee hinted in his interview that its about working hard in training and utilising all squad players so you could read into that that if Keane workd hard in training he will play against Preston and hopefully score some goals.

But as it stands the we ruined Keanes confidence is at this moment in time unfounded as there is every posibility that the club hasnt.  In fact we gave game time to Benny and Babel and Lucas who all needed a lift, and Mash as well to a certain extent so its not all about Keane, but the noises coming from Keane and the club both indicate this anyway.

We have turned a bit of a corner here since the Bolton game where our attacking has improved and one can only assume that this has been worked on in training and now we have a few players who are up for playing but more importantly have proved they can offer a good contribution.

If it was up to me I would let Keane lead the line against Preston and with todays events re SG maybe even partner Kuyt or in an ideal world Torres

I'm not a professional footballer. I have however played at a semi-professional standard on a few occassions. I can put my hand on my heart and know I'm a good player on a Sunday league pitch. I know that generally I am one of the main reasons for my team doing as well as they do. (obviously I dont' do it all on my own no matter how much I often think I do). :D

From that, I know thats most of that is due to my desire to play, learn and be the best. Its alot more so than the other lads. Now I've played with alot better players than I will ever be and a re-occuring theme with these better players is competativeness and the fact they all want to play.

I can't for the life of me think for a second that any of these lads in the premier league don't want to play. Every player in that league has an attribute or two that allows them to play there, no matter how poor they may be. I tell you now, some of Keane's strengths are mental attributes, determination, work rate, leadership and even aggression/competativeness. This therefore leads me to find it impossible he can even comprehend being left out after scoring twice in the previous game.

I agree and I reckon Keane would be gutted at not playing but I just get this feeling that Sammy Lee and Rafa at half time had a word and said this game is in the bag we will rest you as you are important for the rest of the season.  I base this on nothing but instinct and Sammy Lees interview on the BBC website. 

In fact good management if this is right as they have him wound up like a spring for the new year
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:05 pm

yeah but surely keane must realise its a squad game and there is a lot to play for during the rest of the season . Yeah i hope he wasnt happy but hope that he replies in a positive manner thou .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:09 pm

taff wrote:I would gladly get rid of Kuyt if he was replaced by someone better but who and the hard reality of money before I see replies with huge lists of strikers.  I think Rafa knows where he is going but is doing it in stages and there will be buys that dont live up to what he expected of them and buys that exceed that.  I disagree with you about Agger as I think he will become first choice and Skrtel looks at the moment to be heir to Carra in a few seasons time.

I agree with you about Woodgate but we have Agger and Skrtel so I dont lose sleep over it.  We should have bid for Bale but he was over ten million for an 18 year old left back and the rumours from cardiff about Ramsay were that Rafa bid for him but stated that he could not go over a couple of million and Arsenal over doubled that bid.  Babel on th eother hand looks like he is about to become a class player but is prevented from doing so by some urge of his to remain mediocre.  This could be a mental thing as doing it elsewhere is different from doing it at Liverpool and I nver thought that Ajax would be an elsewhere club and he seems to flirt with thinking he has made it to looking like he is scared, sometime in a 45 min period.

But if I agree with your Tottenham analogy then you must conced that if the players are comparable then rafa is far superior to any manger that they have had in the last five years even the current Madrid manager

Ramos can't speak a word of English mate. So you can't really compare "managerial abilities" so to speak.

With regards to Spurs there are problems there with some of the players they have, in terms of compatibility and fitness. Bale, Woodgate, King and Hutton are a good back four. As individual's I'd say all are far better than anything we have, with centre halfs being absoloute stratospheres apart really without there even being a comparrison (in terms of pure ability).

King and Woodgate are probably better than all of our centre halfs at everything if I'm honest. But due to tactical play, the midfield (or lack of infront of them) fitness issues with them both amoungst other smaller details then they can't really show it consistently. They also (in my opinion) don't quite seem to compliment each other properly as I don't think either of them are complete "sweepers".

A good centre half pairing usually has a dominant player (Hyypia, Ferdinand, Terry, Adams, Pallister) and a sweeper (Henchoz, Vidic, Carvalho, Keown, Bruce). Do me King and Woodgate are much the same player as are our centre halfs and Arsenal's centre halfs. For me the best sweeper in the league is Gallas, the best dominant player is Ferdinand.

In terms of a better affordable striker than Kuyt I can think of one straight away. Owen. 50 times the player.

You mention Agger and Skyrtel. Both are decent but aren't great defenders. Neither of them are as good an individual as Sami Hyypia at his best and thats what we need to be looking at. They are crackers as back up, they are even good enough to be second centre halfs (for me we have Carra for that)  but they aren't good enough for us to have Carragher next to them or even those two next to each other regularly.

We need someone better as a "first choice". The other thing with Woodgate is I feel his injuries would allow Agger and Skertyl (I spell it differently everytime :D ) enough playing time to keep them happy and make them feel important parts of the squad.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:13 pm

taff wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

I agree and I reckon Keane would be gutted at not playing but I just get this feeling that Sammy Lee and Rafa at half time had a word and said this game is in the bag we will rest you as you are important for the rest of the season.  I base this on nothing but instinct and Sammy Lees interview on the BBC website. 

In fact good management if this is right as they have him wound up like a spring for the new year

Maybe, but given his past treatment do you really think thats what he needs?

If thats the intent and they are DEFINATELY planning on using him ALOT over the coming games then it may well have that effect. But in the back of Keane's mind it could just be a case of "oh here we go again, whatever".

In which case you're ruining his frame of mind.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 pm

GYBS wrote:Woodgate ? Maybe 6 or 7 years ago at least but these days he is nowhere near as good as agger or skrtel

Wrong! :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:15 pm

GYBS wrote:first of all where exactly would bullard play and instead of who ? Woodgate ? Maybe 6 or 7 years ago at least but these days he is nowhere near as good as agger or skrtel , in my opinion that is plus the fact he is always injured , you say only one defender is good enough yet for the last three seasons our defence has been consistently one of the best in the league ?. Yeah johnson would be a good addition to the team that i agree on . Secondly where have i ever said or compared kuyt to the greatest player to be at the club ? I said he has contributed to us being at the top this season due to some very good performances and has scored some crucial goals that has enabled us to win games , that is a fact that cant be denied just like you say torres has contributed  . Thirdly i have seen torres have a few very bad games for us and also seen gerrard been poor for us as well . Yeah they are world class but not perfect .finally where have i ever said we have the best 11 in the league and have just been unlucky ? Never said that myself , have always thought we have been missing a few players and still would like a couple of additions to the squad . Oh and thanks for just about getting thru a post without insults even thou you pretty much still dismiss anyone else having a different opinion as yourself . None of us are wrong its all just each others opinion on the matter .

Bullard on the right instead of Kuyt who is a waste of space.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 pm

when ppl say "If we didn't have Gerrard etc .." Gerrard has been at our club since the age of 11 or so, he is here so the analogy of "if we didn't..." is pointless. Gerrard staying fit is important / crucial perhaps .. but the "if we didn't.. " is pointless.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 pm

GYBS wrote:1. first of all where exactly would bullard play and instead of who ?

2. Woodgate ? Maybe 6 or 7 years ago at least but these days he is nowhere near as good as agger or skrtel , in my opinion that is plus the fact he is always injured ,

3. you say only one defender is good enough yet for the last three seasons our defence has been consistently one of the best in the league ?.

4. Yeah johnson would be a good addition to the team that i agree on .

5. Secondly where have i ever said or compared kuyt to the greatest player to be at the club ?

6. I said he has contributed to us being at the top this season due to some very good performances and has scored some crucial goals that has enabled us to win games , that is a fact that cant be denied just like you say torres has contributed  .

7. Thirdly i have seen torres have a few very bad games for us and also seen gerrard been poor for us as well . Yeah they are world class but not perfect .

8. finally where have i ever said we have the best 11 in the league and have just been unlucky ? Never said that myself , have always thought we have been missing a few players and still would like a couple of additions to the squad . Oh and thanks for just about getting thru a post without insults even thou you pretty much still dismiss anyone else having a different opinion as yourself .

9. None of us are wrong its all just each others opinion on the matter .

1. On the right instead of Kuyt.

2. Wrong.

3. Already covered it 500 times, not going to do it again, mentioned the variables, if you're too idiotic to read into it and not ask the question properly then it doesn't deserve any answer at all.

4. Well done.

5. I never said the best player ever to play for the club. You said Kuyt has contributed as much as Torres. He hasn't, he never will.

6. It can be argued with a better player instead of him some of the wins would have been by greater margins and the draws may have been wins.

7. Never said they NEVER play bad games, but they often play a hell of a lot better than Kuyt and play well more often than not. Kuyt has had maybe 3 decent games this season? He's been a disgrace in many. He can't trap a bag of cement, I've seen Sunday league players with a better touch than his.

8. You imply that our weak links are great players who deserve to be in the team. They don't, they never will.

9. You're always wrong.

PS. Leon's funny.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:25 pm

no not wrong at all , just a different opinion to yours , doesnt make it wrong . And bullard is a centre mid not a right mid is he not ? Put him out right and he will just drift inside and clog up the middle , thats a waste and when did bullard become this great player ? He has looked ok playing for wigan and fulham but nothing outstanding . Plus kuyt has scored double what bullard has this season so far ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:first of all where exactly would bullard play and instead of who ? Woodgate ? Maybe 6 or 7 years ago at least but these days he is nowhere near as good as agger or skrtel , in my opinion that is plus the fact he is always injured , you say only one defender is good enough yet for the last three seasons our defence has been consistently one of the best in the league ?. Yeah johnson would be a good addition to the team that i agree on . Secondly where have i ever said or compared kuyt to the greatest player to be at the club ? I said he has contributed to us being at the top this season due to some very good performances and has scored some crucial goals that has enabled us to win games , that is a fact that cant be denied just like you say torres has contributed  . Thirdly i have seen torres have a few very bad games for us and also seen gerrard been poor for us as well . Yeah they are world class but not perfect .finally where have i ever said we have the best 11 in the league and have just been unlucky ? Never said that myself , have always thought we have been missing a few players and still would like a couple of additions to the squad . Oh and thanks for just about getting thru a post without insults even thou you pretty much still dismiss anyone else having a different opinion as yourself . None of us are wrong its all just each others opinion on the matter .

Bullard on the right instead of Kuyt who is a waste of space.

How much you reckon he would cost? I hear he is prepared to take a wage cut to stay at Fulham. Have not seen us linked with him but I think if he came then Rafa would have to sell someone like Yossi as he would play even less.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion