Baros was sublime today, MOM for sure.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:38 pm

we should stick to 4-4-2
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:39 pm

id rather see us play without hamann, if we are away we should play with hamann but i dont think at home hamann is a player i want to see, hes too defensive, alonso is miles better
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:43 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Baros was sublime today, MOM for sure.

he's actually DAD

Dude At the Day  :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:29 pm

wow sorry slept through the game cus of a holiday party last night? Awesome that we showed character in coming back from behind. I'm downloading the game so i'll give u my thoughts in a few hours.  Also Graham Poll was our ref? That was the same guy that cost us the Man U game earlier this season, and the guy that allowed the cointroversial (but correct) fast free kick from thierry Henry.  cya in a few:laugh:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:43 pm

Where you getting the match from? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Great result. Fantastic!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:42 pm

LFC #1 wrote:well we could play a 4-5-1, with Hamann replacing Mellor.

I thought Gerrard played too deep today, Hamman should have played, to allow him to push up.
Garcia was not quite with it, starting with his 3rd minute over the bar shot.
Risse had a cracking shot just past the post, but otherwise had a poor game and gave away lot's of possession.
Kewell, played well linking with Gerrard and belting through ball for Baros to score a great goal.
Baros, excellent game despite poor support from Mellor, who shot weakly when a pass to Baros was a better option.

Hat's off to the geordies, who were only silent for a short time after we took the lead, they were still singing after we left the ground.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:09 pm

You guys are hella negative, i watched the game today and you make us sound like were were ****** poor when we werent. I thought it was reasonably good today, we showed good character and a lot of our players were outstanding. I hope Finnan keeps the left back slot, lot more solid than Josemi.

We cant keep looking on the down side of things, brighten up for crying ou loud! WE WON...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:14 pm

Well said
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:34 pm

Kewell play well toaday his frustrating at times but put a great through ball to baros for the 3rd,im not gonna list all the neagtive like you lot cus there weren't many Dudek had a solid game and made a good save from Robert freekick his positional play was good aswell. But alot of credit has to go to our back four who aprt from there goal never had a sniff,the only bad part we weren't clincal in front of goal Sinama pongolle did well when he came on look lively and Nunez put in some good crosses :) .
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:36 pm

Baros was excellent today, but you can see what the difference is to the team to have an international class striker playing up front. I don't think Baros was the sole reason we won today or our savior, but it made a big difference.

He held the ball up, chased players down, made intelligent runs, and clearly gave us some time in the final third of the field, when a Mellor or a SP would find it hard to hold onto the ball.

I was impressed by his awareness of those around him as well as his own skill. That's why our critics claims are clearly ridiculous.

We're in sixth without any strikers for the past month, and with a squad that surely can only get better. Ok, 6th is not good for POOL, but given what has happened in recent months with squad departures, injuries etc - it's a decent spring board for when we bring in a proven striker or two in January

The future is looking bright - and I said this before today's game in case anyone one thinks I am one of the extremists on the boards (for some in here, when we lose people think we're about to get relegated and when we win, we're about to take over the world!)

Anyway, two steps forward today - but brace yourself for one or two possible disappointments in the next few weeks - its the way progress works
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:33 pm

hamann this and hamann that, what is so special about hamann, we dont need hamann regularly, hes nothing special to me

better than diao but thats not hard, i dont like him
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:38 pm

Hamman has been a great service to our club, hes a great player I cant understand why anyone would slag him off ??? .
He protects our back four, so Hyppia doesnt get exposed to much, he got exposed today cause Hamman didnt play.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:41 pm

Hamman has played his best stuff for Liverpool in more than 2 years this season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion