NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - BUILD UP HERE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Sunday 19th March 2006, 1.30pm

thought the gif image is a nice touch

predictions and thoughts on the upcoming match !!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:07 pm

IMO i would go with an attacking team. we have a nice run of games till the end of season ( we are capable of beating all teams easily) so lets go out positively. play Fowler and crouch or maybe even Fowler and Cisse i am not sure yet. i think we will win 2-0. Gerrard and Cisse getting the goals.
Dannyboy

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:38 pm

team will depend on injuries at the back. I would bring in warnock for traore, then depending on sami's fitness, him in for agger. The rest I would leave as is. I think Cisse does deserve a start, but "if it aint broke - dont fix it" start with robbie and moro. If we havent scored by half 55mins bring on Cisse for moro.

Reina
Finnan     Cara        Hyypia/Agger   Warnock

Hamann
Garcia                                        Kewell
                 Gerrard

Fowler           Moro .... or poss Cisse, havent made my mind up yet! :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:49 pm

I know there is a question mark over the likes of Garcia, Traore, Morientes and (possibly but not as much at the others; Agger) but I was happy with the way they played last night. Not delighted as we could play much better.

I thought Hamman was immense last night - Tackling back but also spraying passes about.
I thought Traore had a good solid game and did well from an attacking sense also
Garcia had his best game for a while
Agger did well but think if Hyppia is fit he will be replaced - Threat of Shearer and Ameobi in the air!

I would go with same team with possibly one change - Hyppia for Agger.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kobashi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:18 pm

i would go with fowler and cisse.  fowler is very good at putting other players in and I think he could work great with Cisse.

Boumsong hates pace! Cisse would scare the :censored: out of him..
kobashi

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:20 pm

No matter what team rafa picks, it will be a 0-1 win for us........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:25 pm

newcastle are pi$$ poor. all the newcastle fans up here in the north east were getting carried away because they won 5 games on the trot, conveniently forgetting that they were against the likes of everton, portsmouth and villa. as soon as they came up against a decent side i.e. manure, they got absolutely battered.

if we turn up we'll win the game. their defence is awful and our confidence should be high after last night. it'll be interesting to see who starts upfront. personally i'd go with crouch and fowler.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:34 pm

We really could do with building up a bit of momentum and getting another win under our belts against Newcastle and I'm pretty confident we will. 

I don't need to bang on about their defence, we all know how poor it is no matter the personnel.  But we know they have a few decent players as well and they've improved a bit since Souness left.  St James' is far from a fortress these days though and I can see us bossing the game and I'm more confident of winning it now that our forwards have got themselves a few goals against Fulham.

We could do with Hyypia back to deal with the aerial threat of Shearer, but if he's not 100% I'd hold off playing him til the derby.  You could tell he'd been rushed back for the Arsenal game and as a result was well off his game.  Agger looks a decent player imo, we didn't pay 5-6 mil for a guy who we're afraid to play in these type of games, so if Sami's not ready I'm happy enough with Agger.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:39 pm

i'd save Hypia for the derby match and play Agger again.  He looked ok in the Fulham match and needs the experience of the Premierleague.  Newcastle are short at the back AND up front....however, they do have some good midfielders and i'd expect to see Alonso return and replace Hamman.

Overall i think it will be service as usual....2-0 to us
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:47 pm

This would be my team......Save Hyppia & Kewell for the match against BS (A MUST MUST MUST WIN MATCH AT ALL COSTS)

Reina
  Finnan   Carra   Agger  Warnock
  Gerrard   Alonso   Hamann  Garcia
             Cisse     Fowler

As u guys can guess by now...i don't really rate Crouch & Morientes....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:58 pm

Has anyone forgotten that we have a midweek FA Cup clash with Birmingham? Here are the teams I'll play:

Newcastle game:                 

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Warnock

Gerrard  Hamann  Alonso  Kewell

Cisse  Crouch

SUBS: Dudek, Agger, Garcia, Morientes, Fowler.

Brum Game:

Reina

Kromkamp  Carragher  Agger  Traore

Garcia  Gerrard  Alonso  Kewell

Morientes  Fowler

SUBS: Dudek, Hyypia, Hamann, Cisse, Crouch.

Bluesh!te game:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Warnock

Garcia  Gerrard  Hamann  Kewell

Cisse  Fowler

SUBS: Dudek, Morientes, Crouch, Alonso, Agger.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:05 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I know there is a question mark over the likes of Garcia, Traore, Morientes and (possibly but not as much at the others; Agger) but I was happy with the way they played last night. Not delighted as we could play much better.

I thought Hamman was immense last night - Tackling back but also spraying passes about.
I thought Traore had a good solid game and did well from an attacking sense also
Garcia had his best game for a while
Agger did well but think if Hyppia is fit he will be replaced - Threat of Shearer and Ameobi in the air!

I would go with same team with possibly one change - Hyppia for Agger.

I thought Traore was his usual self mate, a liability, he gets caught out of position (and by about 15 yards) far too often.
He did try and get forward and put in a couple of half decent crosses but he still puts far too much pressure on the left sided centre half.
It is no coincidence that the Fulham goal last night was a ball played in between Agger and Traore.
The sooner Riise is fit the better tbh, i would try something a bit different that most might not agree with.

Reina

Kromkamp     Carragher    Agger    Finnan

Gerrard          Alonso    Hamann      Kewell

Fowler    Cisse

I would prefer sami in for agger but think its best not to rush him.
Imo Newcastle have a decent set of midfielders with Parker Emre N'Zogbia and Solano, so i would leave Luis out of this one and have Alonso and Hamann in the centre with Stevie on the right.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:13 pm

can not believe i turned down tickets to this game :(  :(

i always love this tie as there have been some great games

hopeful last night will be a big boost and we can push on and put the pressure on the scum

traore was traore last night, they say good players always have time on the ball, traore never does. every holds there breath when the ball is anywhere near him or when he is running at his own box to tackle someone because he was out of position in the first place.

garcia played well last night as did fowler, nando frustrated again but his touch is there for every one to see, and he works his balls off.

cissie... no no and no again... pace but off side all the time

gerrard didn't have his energy drink last night as didi made him look static at times, the keiser was immense last night

2-1 fowler double
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:55 pm

redmikey wrote:can not believe i turned down tickets to this game :(  :(

hopeful last night will be a big boost and we can push on and put the pressure on the scum

traore was traore last night, they say good players always have time on the ball, traore never does. every holds there breath when the ball is anywhere near him or when he is running at his own box to tackle someone because he was out of position in the first place.

garcia played well last night as did fowler, nando frustrated again but his touch is there for every one to see, and he works his balls off.

gerrard didn't have his energy drink last night as didi made him look static at times, the keiser was immense last night

2-1 fowler double

thats down to all that dogs bollox ale your drinking mate, you wanna knock it on the head my son :D

i reckon 3-1 to the pool  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:07 pm

Judge wrote:
redmikey wrote:can not believe i turned down tickets to this game :(  :(

2-1 fowler double

thats down to all that dogs bollox ale your drinking mate, you wanna knock it on the head my son :D

i reckon 3-1 to the pool  :)

good stuff judge but it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth in the morning  :D

this will be a good game but we need to stop emre and parker as they have been playing well according to my geordie tour guide( a mate in the raf from newcastle who knows the bars like the back of his hand, very useful on a friday night)
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion