NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Regardless of the payback period, the asset value would rise accordingly hence the value of the club. Money is so cheap to borrow now, they'd be crazy NOT to do it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:20 am

We either need to increase capacity or we dont?
Stop the bullsh'it about cost and supporters moaning about ticket prices! Get your hands in your pockets and do whats best for the club!!
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Funny how fans stopped talking about FSG when we are playing well....

shocker

:;):
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:55 am

metalhead » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:27 pm wrote:Funny how fans stopped talking about FSG when we are playing well....

shocker

:;):

Who stopped talking..... FSG are fecking awesome  :eyebrow
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Soon as theres a big dissappointment Im as guilty as anyone of getting stuck into FSG, admit Im worse than most, and ultimately they are the custodians of our club.

Right or wrong I always feel there was something else they could have done, just go beyond their structure one time at least to get us over a line.

Fans need someone to throw things at, usually its the manager then the owners, and last of all the players.

For now though things going really well and you have to credit them for that,  but long way to go yet  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 pm

I was sitting on the second to back row of the new main stand for the Leeds game and I've got to say that the sense of pride looking over the ground was amazing. Back in the late sixties I proudly stood on the Kop rocking around in a sea of urine !! The atmosphere was special but there was nothing special about the quality of service provided for the fans. We didn't pay much and didn't expect much other than what was going on, on the pitch !! Things have changed beyond recognition and FSG must be given some credit for that. Nobody expected things to happen overnight when they arrived  but it is true to say that they are certainly moving in the right direction! Sometimes supporters expect far too much.  Liverpool supporters enjoyed a phenominal period of success during the 70s and the 80s.  I know that it is very difficult to be patient and that word over the last 25 years has been used on far too many occasions. However  I do now think that we are on the brink of something very very special and with a little bit more investment in the team there is no reason why we can't be a major force to be reckoned with in Europe during  the next decade.
Last edited by devaney on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:16 pm

They got rid of Rodgers quickly and moved quicker to secure Klopp, add to that the lack of debt, improved revenue, their willingness to spend and the new stand shows we have good owners that are taking us forward. How far we have progressed since our last owners where we were very close to being stripped bare is a testament to them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 pm

I wrote this in October:

"We either need to increase capacity or we dont?
Stop the bullsh'it about cost and supporters moaning about ticket prices! Get your hands in your pockets and do whats best for the club!!"

Has anything changed? Is the Anfield Road end being developed or not?
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 am

We could be preparing a 180 million offer for Neymar instead....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Blooming eck Thommo do you understand the first thing about running a business? It's not a charity and if it is not financially viable then why should FSG spend money developing Anfield Road? FSG have spent over £150m on ground development and you still prefer to kick them in the proverbial nuts. Previous owners spent obscene amounts of money on designs for the new Stanley Park ground and never got anywhere. Remember Gillette and the infamous "SPADE IN THE GROUND" nonsense !!

FSG have been heavily criticised on this forum. They have showed that they know what they are doing and it is time to give them some credit instead of looking for reasons to batter them over the head !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:30 pm

devaney » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 am wrote:Blooming eck Thommo do you understand the first thing about running a business? It's not a charity and if it is not financially viable then why should FSG spend money developing Anfield Road? FSG have spent over £150m on ground development and you still prefer to kick them in the proverbial nuts. Previous owners spent obscene amounts of money on designs for the new Stanley Park ground and never got anywhere. Remember Gillette and the infamous "SPADE IN THE GROUND" nonsense !!

FSG have been heavily criticised on this forum. They have showed that they know what they are doing and it is time to give them some credit instead of looking for reasons to batter them over the head !!

Actually mate, FSG is very lucky they managed to lure Klopp to anfield. Klopp is probably the only manager in the world right now that could make FSG's policy work, ie. invest in young potential than going for proven quality. If we didn't get Klopp, I think the majority of the fans will be calling for their heads because frankly speaking their player recruitment policy wasn't working at all...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:24 pm

devaney » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 am wrote:Blooming eck Thommo do you understand the first thing about running a business? It's not a charity and if it is not financially viable then why should FSG spend money developing Anfield Road? FSG have spent over £150m on ground development and you still prefer to kick them in the proverbial nuts. Previous owners spent obscene amounts of money on designs for the new Stanley Park ground and never got anywhere. Remember Gillette and the infamous "SPADE IN THE GROUND" nonsense !!

It's not just this forum, quite a few bash FSG regularly and were vocal in throwing them under the bus in favour of some unknown Chinese-backed consortium.

I don't get it myself. Yes, they have their faults - find me some owners who don't - but they appear to have our long term interests at heart by not spending money we don't have. For sure, the transfer committee has been poor, but no worse than Parry when he was calling the shots and spending million of Doofy, Cheyrou and the like. I think they will extend the ground further, but the silence on this thread over the opening months of the season speaks volumes... :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Moores and H&G saddled the club with stadium related debt without adding a single seat. None of them gave the club a single penny from their own pocket to improve Anfield or build a new stadium so not sure why FSG would be expected too. FSG have already given the club an interest free loan out of their own pocket to fund the Main Stand expansion. If expanding Anfield Road by a few thousand means the club spending the next 15 years paying for it then it isn't worth it. Unless we can find a viable financial solution we shouldn't do it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 pm wrote:I wrote this in October:

"We either need to increase capacity or we dont?
Stop the bullsh'it about cost and supporters moaning about ticket prices! Get your hands in your pockets and do whats best for the club!!"

Has anything changed? Is the Anfield Road end being developed or not?
:glare:

Depends, if it's financially viable or not, if you're going to build another stand that is going to cost the club even more than your net present value (another explanation for a payback period) in 5-10 years, then why would anyone consider investing that kind of money that will hurt the club in the long term.

I'm sure they studied it and if they feel they found a more cost effective way to do it then they will do it just like they did it with the main stand.

I think FSG has done a good job, at least a better job than the previous idiots. FSG has done some mistakes along the way, but it's nothing major, they corrected those mistakes, got rid of a charlatan, hired a good potential title winning manager in Klopp and let him have the final say in things.

I also like the way they are promoting some of the staff within instead of investing and putting more money to hire people from outside of the club.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Im not slagging FSG off, bashing them or "battering them on the head". I think theyve done well and their record speaks for itself.
However, spare me the bullsh'it about "viable" and "cost". I have been led to believe that the premier league has had billions pumped in by sky, so whats the problem? Because FSG want to make a profit? Are they saying they wont make a profit with increased capacity?
Total bo'llocks!
:nod
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion