Michael shields - read before you book your holida

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:01 am

Just been with a guy who now lives in Bulgaria and who was present at the Michael Shields trial, he saw the evidence, if you can call it that, and saw the farce that went on.
There should have been ample video evidence to prove Michael's story, the lad is innocent, but the hotel in question, The Crystal in Golden Sands, and the holiday firm, FIRST CHOICE, managed to lose the tapes and the computer records. This hotel is one of those exclusive FIRST CHOICE places and supposedly don't have video security although it is sold as a family destination so God help your kids if you're staying there.
Everyone has walked away from this and the lad's going to be lucky to pick up a 3 year sentence when it comes up, at least he'll be able to come home then. For the time being he's banged up and innocent because the hotel and holiday firm find it easier that way.
DON'T USE FIRST CHOICE HOLIDAYS. The victim is awaiting 70,000 euros to be shared out amongst these reliable witnesses he's got (7 out of 9 of them changed their ID of Michael when they heard about the 70 grand).

At the end of the day he's only a scouser. Ban 1st CHOICE !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

to be honest, as harsh as this sounds, the kid will do the 15 year sentance,

cant see the other pleb, who confessed going back to bulgaria to hand himself over.

i wouldnt if i was him! and how bad does that sound!

if u was him , and he escaped with the skin of his teeth, would you go back over there knowing u is gonna do 15 years in a foreign jail?

hard but true!
Luis Garcia

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:59 am

So your saying that cowardly actions are the way forward?
Here's a thought; why doesn't Tony "lets tell the country what they want to hear, then sneak in a law to the contrary" Blair FORCE the little t*at to go to Bulgaria? And don't say he can't, because you will only be showing niavity.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:So your saying that cowardly actions are the way forward?
Here's a thought; why doesn't Tony "lets tell the country what they want to hear, then sneak in a law to the contrary" Blair FORCE the little t*at to go to Bulgaria? And don't say he can't, because you will only be showing niavity.

Totally agree, i was unaware about a cover up by FIRST CHOICE, but still think the government have also done f@ck all. Surely they can get this sorted out, i read an article in the Mirror...i think it might of been by Brian Reade (reds fan) he was slating the governemnt stating that if i was a private school toff who had been banged up for a crime he didnt commit he would of been home now, because Michael is a football fan...and a LIVERPOOL FC fan, the government have washed there hands of it and are leaving him to rot.
Absolutely disgusting.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:So your saying that cowardly actions are the way forward?

Totally agree, i was unaware about a cover up by FIRST CHOICE, but still think the government have also done f@ck all. Surely they can get this sorted out, i read an article in the Mirror...i think it might of been by Brian Reade (reds fan) he was slating the governemnt stating that if i was a private school toff who had been banged up for a crime he didnt commit he would of been home now, because Michael is a football fan...and a LIVERPOOL FC fan, the government have washed there hands of it and are leaving him to rot.
Absolutely disgusting.

yeah funny how thatchers son manages to get off with charges of starting a f@cking military coup in africa somewhere when he looked well bang to rights. the foreign office had no problem shifting their @rses then.
poor michael`s only crime is being a big lad with a short haircut and the government couldnt give a :censored: really.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:57 pm

The lad that committed the offence should be a man and hand himself over. How he can live his days knowing this kid is serving his sentence is quite frankly beyond my comprehension. He is the only person than can fix this once and for all and see that justice is finally done. He should get his cowardly backside to Bulgaria or be dragged over there by the scruff to put and end to the whole sorry affair. The blame lies at his door period.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 am

Watched  " Michael Shields , The Forgoten Fan " on ITV last night . The poor lad is obviously a victim of a set up by the Bulgarian authorities  .

The Bulgarian police went to arrest the real perp but he wasn't in his room so they knocked on the room next door , woke up Shields ,put him in a white T Shirt (thats what the attacker had been wearing) ,drove him to the scene of the crime , let everybody have a good look at him , then they took him off and put him in a police line up  !
Several witnesses however (including some Bulgarians ) stated Michael was not the attacker but their statements were ignored .
It's an absolute disgrace .

There's no justice in Bulgaria , only corruption .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:20 am

The whole thing's a disgrace Woof it really is.

Even if he did do it (which he didn't) the evidence used to convict him would be totally inadmissable in just about any other country in the world.

FFS, how many obviously guilty @rseholes have been freed on 'technicalities' in the UK?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:25 am

with the findings of that british detective then surely the sh.itty government have go to get of their fat @rses and get the lad freed. Its a fuc.king disgrace :angry:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:30 am

Banner carriers at fa semi , please consider bringing Michael Shields case back into the public eye , the world will be watching .

Some things are more important than a game of football .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am

woof woof ! wrote:Watched  " Michael Shields , The Forgoten Fan " on ITV last night . The poor lad is obviously a victim of a set up by the Bulgarian authorities  .

The Bulgarian police went to arrest the real perp but he wasn't in his room so they knocked on the room next door , woke up Shields ,put him in a white T Shirt (thats what the attacker had been wearing) ,drove him to the scene of the crime , let everybody have a good look at him , then they took him off and put him in a police line up  !
Several witnesses however (including some Bulgarians ) stated Michael was not the attacker but their statements were ignored .

saw the same thing last night. it was shocking. I knew the lad was innocent and that that other lad confessed, but it was thrown out....

... but the corruption in the police and the courts is what got me ... the fact the police addmitted going to room 223 (or whatever no. it was) to arrest the attacker, not finding him, so going next door to a complete randoms rooms... asking him to put a white tshirt on!! then arresting him, driving him to the scene.... so wrong!

...then that line up. the ONLY man in a white tshirt in the whole line up, the ONLY brit - all the rest we bulgarian, the ONLY shaved headed man..... they might as well put him in a lineup with 3 bananas and an orange   :no 

gutted for the lad.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:50 am

Redman in wales wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Watched  " Michael Shields , The Forgoten Fan " on ITV last night . The poor lad is obviously a victim of a set up by the Bulgarian authorities  .

saw the same thing last night. it was shocking. I knew the lad was innocent and that that other lad confessed, but it was thrown out....

... but the corruption in the police and the courts is what got me ... the fact the police addmitted going to room 223 (or whatever no. it was) to arrest the attacker, not finding him, so going next door to a complete randoms rooms... asking him to put a white tshirt on!! then arresting him, driving him to the scene.... so wrong!

...then that line up. the ONLY man in a white tshirt in the whole line up, the ONLY brit - all the rest we bulgarian, the ONLY shaved headed man..... they might as well put him in a lineup with 3 bananas and an orange   :no 

gutted for the lad.

Discrace isn't it. I've maintained since he was arrested that he was innocent. That program last night showed all the faults in the whole saga. Having cameras in the court case aswell. Publicising michael so everyone would be against him in Bulgaria. Good to see more witnesses speaking out aswell. I hope he gets out soon. Although he said that he would rather spend 15 years there come out and say that he hasn't done it rather than admit to something he hasn't done.

FREE INNOCENT MICHAEL SHIELDS  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dia- mond » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:54 am

Also watched this last night, it was really heartbreaking to watch.I just pray something can be done for the boy, coz it could have been anyone of you lads there that night.
Woof Woof,s right any banners  you,v e got can only help the case.
he,ll never be forgotten by us.
dia- mond

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:25 pm

Also watched the programme and after watching it feel even more gutted for the lad and his family and friends.
Are Bulgaria in the EU ? The way the trial was conducted with evidence ignored and him paraded in public before it started is an absolute disgrace and the British government should of intervened a long time ago.
At the end of the programme on the local news it said that an appeal can be launched this week, does anyone know if thats in process ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 pm

Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion