Michael shields collection at west ham game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Just received this via PM.

Dear LFC Website Admin/Editor,

You will probably be aware of Michael Shields, the young Liverpool fan imprisoned in Bulgaria. Michael has exhausted all the routes open to him via the Bulgarian justice system and the only hope he has of overturning his conviction is via an appeal to the European Court of Human Rights.

In the meantime the priority is to get Michael back to England, to do this Michael's family have to raise money to pay the largest fine in Bulgarian history. Obviously as an ordinairy working class family they're struggling to do this. To help them Councillor Joe Anderson has launched the 'Bring him home' appeal fund. The details are below:

Account no 02499003
sort code 309511

You can donate over the counter at Lloyds/TSB** or send a cheque to the campaign office:

Michael Shields Jr
3 Holland Place
Liverpool
L7 8TU

Phone: 0151 260 7165

LFC have kindly allowed Michael's supporters to collect money from Liverpool fans at the West Ham game. We'd be grateful if you could let your members know this. We know that money may be scarce but if all our fans could donate just a pound we'd be well on the way to getting Michael back in the UK. Thanks for any help you can give.

Also, there's a benefit night for Michael on the 25th August at the Devonshire Hotel on Edge Lane. There'll be live music including Neville Skelly, raffles, prize draws, LFC memorabilia etc. It starts at 8pm

Phone: 0151 260 7165

Kind regards,

Matt on behalf of FreeMichaelShields campaign.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:59 am

Anyone who is going the game Saturday please take a couple of quid and make sure that this lads family have the money to make brining the lad home a reality.

Your couple of quid WILL make a difference.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:05 am

Consider it done. Bring the lad home.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:00 am

St. Michael, I think Poor Michael Shields needs  a lot more than a paid fine to bring him home?

doesnt he need to be aquitted in a court, and the other guy admit his guilt?

this is far from over
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:30 pm

My two brothers went the game this afternoon.  I had a sick session on the booze last night so didn't make it today, I got home at 12:30pm this afternoon (I've got to sort myself out, missing matches because of hangovers..... :no ).

They took quite a few quid with them though off quite a few members of my family.  Every little bit helps.

I get paid next week and I'm going to make a donation then.
jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Kev Huyton 2006 wrote:St. Michael, I think Poor Michael Shields needs  a lot more than a paid fine to bring him home?

doesnt he need to be aquitted in a court, and the other guy admit his guilt?

this is far from over

i think there is a 90 grand fine to pay and he can serve is sentence in a UK prison, thats whats meant by bringing him home
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:31 pm

I put 3 quid in the bucket today. Alot of people seemed to be giving a few quid aswell. Hopefully enough has been raised to bring him home. If not, I'd quite happily contribute a bit more when the next home game is.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:29 am

I have the matchday programme delivered before every home game,it would make me happy if all the funds collected in from this on match days from people who cannot get to Anfield went to help Micheal.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolTurkey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:24 am

i' ll ask to my sister. she's working for European Court of Human Rights @ Strasbourg. She's judge there.

maybe she can do anything or say something about Michael.

i ll post here when i got any information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

for all you lonely sons;
this is when it will come
when forever finds you falling it will be
3 o'clock in the morning
LiverpoolTurkey

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:09 am

16,500 pounds was raised at the game.

I for one am disappointed with that. You'd of thought at least 1 quid would be given by each red.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:16,500 pounds was raised at the game.

I for one am disappointed with that. You'd of thought at least 1 quid would be given by each red.

I agree that it's not as much as it should have been, but it wasn't helped by the fact there weren't any collectors in the main stand/paddock.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:16,500 pounds was raised at the game.

I agree that it's not as much as it should have been, but it wasn't helped by the fact there weren't any collectors in the main stand/paddock.

I've got a season ticket in the main stand and there was a collector in my area of the ground.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby godsboots » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:14 pm

I know its probably been mentioned on here before but why have'nt the club board stumped up the cash to bring Michael home,a whipround by the players would probably do it as well.

All earning thousands and cant find the cash,a couple of grand a man plus the donations already recieved and he'd be home,they probably lose more playing cards on the way to away games.

Our spineless government has done nothing either,it would have been different if Michael was an MP's son or something,its a disgrace hes still out there.
godsboots

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:16 pm

me n the family done a petition and  money raising, with grateful contributions from the local club, to help the lad get out of an unjustified sentence. bring im home!!!!!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:17 pm

The people who was putting money in the buckets from what I seen were giving more than a pound they were throwing at least a couple off quid in.  My mate put all his slummie in what was about £8 I threw my slummie in aswell what was £3.  I thought there would be alot more than that collected for the poor chap.  After all there were about 40,000 reds there. :(
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion