Michael shields - read before you book your holida

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:58 pm

Woldnt it be nice if he got released either today or tommorow.  Flown back home straight away and then the lad got given a ticket for the semi.

Id give him mine but I think theres more chance off the blue shiiiite winning the league.

AWwwwwwwwwwwwwww well hopefully he can go the final.  Fingers crossed!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:00 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Are Bulgaria in the EU ?

I think they join next year, or 'ascession' is the word they use now. It is a farce the whole case aginst Michael.   I am absolutely convinced the lad is innocent, my mate knew him, and there was a photo of my mate with a group of lads and Shields, my mate give me his word that Michael is innocent.

Incidentally, Sankey has had to move house becuase of the threats, whilst their are rumours of him going around 'living off his name'.  Doubt it though.

I hope the lad gets out, and I am critical of the Government and their role in this.  I think they should of moved their :censored: a bit quicker and sorted this.  Hopefully when Bulgaria join the EU, this case has some sort of hope of making it to the Big courts of Human rights.

It's a disagrace what has happened.
Mark 23

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:05 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:So your saying that cowardly actions are the way forward?
Here's a thought; why doesn't Tony "lets tell the country what they want to hear, then sneak in a law to the contrary" Blair FORCE the little t*at to go to Bulgaria? And don't say he can't, because you will only be showing niavity.

If you read what the lad said properly, you will see he is not promoting the cowardly way but prehaps questioning the conscience of some people, and asking people 'what would they do if they were in Sankey's shoes'

I think David Kirwin (Sankey's Solicitor) is a disgrace to his profession, defending a guilty liar.  The worse bit of it is that rumour has it that Sankey was at the airport after being released saying that he felt like 'he had won the lottery'.
Mark 23

Postby taff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:petition link

SIGN IT

sorted :)

Saw the programme last night, are they part of europe or awaiting membership. If so DO NOT LET THEM IN until they get their act together.  Ex top copper totally on his side, obvious he is innocent, surely our government can put the squeeze on Bulgarians.

Do not holiday there and flood european football web sites.

I get the horrible feeling that if this was somebody other than a football fan there would be more gov intervention.

Lets veto Bulgarian stuff till he is released
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Nearly 22,000 sigs as well

Everyone pass this link on

If you cause trouble then fair game but after watching last night and taking into account any bias its obvious to the most cynical person that he is innocent
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:20 pm

dia- mond wrote:Also watched this last night, it was really heartbreaking to watch.I just pray something can be done for the boy, coz it could have been anyone of you lads there that night.
Woof Woof,s right any banners  you,v e got can only help the case.
he,ll never be forgotten by us.

When I went to Sunderland this year, the policeman got on the coach to talk to us all, and he said 'there shall be no political banners in the stadium' and then made reference to Michael Shields.

I just think Liverpool Foootball Club could have done more, I know we had that 'Free Michael'' thing in the Kop, but what happened to 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.
Mark 23

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:24 pm

i watched the programme last nigth and i couldnt believe what i was watching. ive never been more disgusted in my life./ thewhole thing is a sham and the government should really get involved. if it had happened to someone else in a country with a bit more to it then the government would have intervened much earlier. Whatever any of us can do to help, be it signing a petition or whatever, we gotta do it. i have never seen such a miscarriage of justice.

seeing the young lad speak in his cell tho he is obvious of stronger character than most of us would have. he would rather do the 15 years than admit to something he didnt do to get a shorter term.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:29 pm

I hope the lad gets free and he gets about 250 grand compo, he deserves nothing less
Mark 23

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Mark 23 wrote:I hope the lad gets free and he gets about 250 grand compo, he deserves nothing less

its on the news today (not about michael) that people who get imprisoned wrongly will get a £500,000 damage reward, but i thinks it is just fro this counrty and not Bulgaria. If he gets out soon and if i was him i would go to the European high court and sue the Bulgarian police and government.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:38 pm

I can't believe in this day and age people are still being banged up for crimes they didn't commit.
Mark 23

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:51 pm

The government won't get involved because Bulgaria doesn't have any oil. Doesn't matter whether the powers that be are red, blue or yellow, it won't happen and I'm not just being cynical. Robert Mugabe has single handedly destroyed Zimbabwe, but the resources there are no use to us. China has the most abominable human and animal rights records and even when pictures were published a few months back of a baby girl who had been left to die in a gutter because she was unwanted, nothing was said and nothing was done. Turkmenistan's leader is completely insane and is surpressing his people in a way that Joseph Stalin would have been envious of, but because our gas lines run through his country, we do nothing.

Bulgaria is worthless to Britain, except that when they join the EU, we'll get money and concessions from them and we can all have cheaper holidays. All we can do is force the press to take notice. People need to go to the BBC, Sky, C4, The Mirror, The Times and every other media outlet you can think of and pressure them into running an article, or taking a petition. The trick has always been to get the government to worry about losing votes. When they think their popularity is sinking, they'll act fast. If you know someone who works at a national, or for a production company, or an ad-agency or even a freakin' town cryer, tell them about it and get them to say something. One documentary and a few articles on page 29 won't do jack. More press, means more pressure.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Mark 23 wrote:I hope the lad gets free and he gets about 250 grand compo, he deserves nothing less

i dont think bulgaria have got £250k to give to him mate.

i watched it last night, and i felt so sorry for him. and its a huge understatement to say its a disgrace that our country hasnt done anything to help! i cant belive we and our goverment just sit here and let him suffer in a foriegn country full of people who he cant even speak to due to language difference for 15 years over a crime i feel he didnt commit.

i admit that before the programme lastnight i was in 2 minds but after seeing it im 100% that the prosecution was a shambles and that he is innocent.

ill tell you one thing though he's a much stronger lad than i can ever hope to be, id fall apart being stuck over there
gary106

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:14 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:to be honest, as harsh as this sounds, the kid will do the 15 year sentance,

cant see the other pleb, who confessed going back to bulgaria to hand himself over.

i wouldnt if i was him! and how bad does that sound!

if u was him , and he escaped with the skin of his teeth, would you go back over there knowing u is gonna do 15 years in a foreign jail?

hard but true!

course Id go back, as would any decent human, youre just a fucking scum bag who deserves being banned.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:30 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:
Luis Garcia wrote:to be honest, as harsh as this sounds, the kid will do the 15 year sentance,

cant see the other pleb, who confessed going back to bulgaria to hand himself over.

if u was him , and he escaped with the skin of his teeth, would you go back over there knowing u is gonna do 15 years in a foreign jail?

hard but true!

course Id go back, as would any decent human, youre just a fucking scum bag who deserves being banned.

the point is that not all humans are decent, he was just raising a valid point.

stop trying to score brownie points by being such a uptight :censored:
Mark 23

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:

hard but true!

Yeah ,but any decent human being wouldn't have dropped a rock the size of a portable tv on that waiters head to start with .Do you really expect a thug who came close to killing a man to "do the decent thing " ?

I also think you're bang out of order calling another member "a f*cking scumbag " because he was honest enough to admit that he wouldn't face up to a 15 year jail sentence .

You say you'd turn yourself in , yeah ,of course you would , easy to say when you don't actually have to do it .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion