Michael shields collection at west ham game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:12 pm

godsboots wrote:I know its probably been mentioned on here before but why have'nt the club board stumped up the cash to bring Michael home,a whipround by the players would probably do it as well.

From what I have heard, Michael Shields Senior was at Melwood for 2 hours today and received a brilliant response from the players. Fowler and Carragher in particular were top class apparently. I think they were wary about coming out and asking for donations, but Robbie saved them having to as he came straight to the point and asked how much the campaign was still short.

Xabi Alonso also apparently went across, introduced himself, asked loads of questions and seemed to genuinely want to help. What happens now is that Robbie and Carra will gather the players together tomorrow and see what individuals want to give.

Well done the players. Makes you proud to be a red. You sort of expect the Scouse lads to understand and do all they can but Xabi is a relative outsider... he seems to have embraced everything Scouse since arriving 2 years ago!!

:buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:33 am

What has happened to Michael Shields is appalling but why is it down to the Liverpool public to provide the funding?
The guy who committed the crime admitted to it so why dont the british parliament say to bulgaria "OK. here ya go this is the guy who did it, lets take Michael home then you can keep this guy imprisoned for a crime he commited and not the one you wrongly imprisoned" ??
The support shown by working class people to see justice done to an innocent man has been incredible but why arent the people who are supposed to stop this kind of thing, you know, the people shoving champagne and caviar down there necks having a laugh at this kind of thing doing anything? the people who are paid a fortune just sitting on there :censored: doing nothing??
Apologies for my rant it just makes me sick how these people have more important things on there mind, like slipping there secretaries one.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Just to let you know that the HJC is dedicating the Blackburn home game on 14th October to raising money to help towards the release of Michael from Bulgaria. All monies paid on any items purchased that day in the shop will be donated to the Bring Michael Home Fund.

To this end the HJC is looking for volunteers to help with the raising of funds.

Details here:

http://blog.redandwhitekop.com/2006....-wanted
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:23 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:16,500 pounds was raised at the game.

I for one am disappointed with that. You'd of thought at least 1 quid would be given by each red.

i see your point,but every  penny helps.A help group did some bundgy jumping for me and raised £800....who am i to complain they didnt have to do it.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:05 pm

your ip adress is the same as mine so I know who you are dannymc u tit!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:14 pm

Rafa-Dodd, it's not the same IP address and sorry to go all Bluekipper for a momment but if anyone can hack IP addresses feel free to ask me for The Rat Sniffers IP address.
jonnymac1979

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:42 pm

the b.astards  :no

The broken promise that stopped me coming home Oct 12 2006

By Greg O'Keeffe, Liverpool Echo

JAILED Liverpool fan Michael Shields said today he felt he was being held to ransom by the Bulgarian government.

The 20-year-old engineering student spoke out as it was revealed the Bulgarians had backtracked on the deal for his return to the UK.

It had been agreed with the Foreign Office that he could serve his remaining prison sentence in this country once a percentage of his £90,000 fine had been paid.

Michael Shields' family from Wavertree have already paid more than the 30% agreed and committed themselves to paying monthly installments of £8,000 in the future.

But now the Bulgarians are insisting on the full fine being paid before they allow Michael's transfer.

In a message sent through his family, Michael Shields said today: "Me, my family and my government were promised that I could return to the UK when some of the fine was paid.

"To hear that promise has been ignored just puts my parents and me through more suffering.

"It feels like I'm being held to ransom."

Riverside MP Louise Ellman, speaking only hours after she asked Tony Blair during Prime Minister's Question Time to make fresh appeals to the Bulgarians on behalf of the Shields, said: "I'm appalled.

"I will be calling on Minister for Europe Geoff Hoon to intervene straight away. There was a clear understanding that when an agreed portion of the fine was paid and there was acommitment to pay the rest monthly, the barriers preventing Michael coming home would be removed."

Liverpool Labour leader JoeAnderson, who is leading the campaign to free Michael Shields, said: "The Bulgarians are behaving in an inhumane way and playing repugnant mind games with Michael and his family."

Michael Shields was originally jailed for 15 years after a Bulgarian court convicted him of attempted murder after an attack on waiter Martin Georgiev.

On appeal, the sentence was cut to 10 years but he was ordered to pay£70,000 in fines and compensation, which rose to £90,000 with interest.

Commons pledge by Blair

TONY Blair last night underlined his promise to bring Reds fan Michael Shields home.

His comments came in response to Louise Ellman's plea for the Prime Minister to take a personal interest in the negotiations.

She suggested that Bulgaria's judicial record, particularly in Michael Shields' case, ruled out that country's entry into the European Union.

Mr Blair told her that EU enlargement was an incentive to Eastern European countries to "progress", but he warned: "We have to be careful about interfering in another country's judicial process."

He added: "I can assure you that we will watch the case and monitor it very closely."

**********************************************that is a disgrace. come on Blair pull your finger out of gordon browns a**e and get the lad back home.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:24 pm

I am pleased to now announce the total amount that was raised and generously donnated for our Michael Shields Day (The day of Blackburn at home)

The Bucket collection and shop takings total came to £2.232.39p

This was presented to Michaels Family to add to their ' Bring him home fund'

I would again like to on behalf of the HJC thank everybody who gave up their time and money to make this day so successful your support was greatly appreciated.

For any who wish to continue in anyway to support Michael they can do so by clicking on this link where they will find all future events and ways to do so directly at the Michael Shields Campaign site.

http://www.michaelshields.uwclub.net/index.htm
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:57 am

Prince Charles could get this kid out of Bulgaria.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:19 pm

his m8 as admitted his guilt but he aint going out there to surve the sentance he wants to do it in the uk and they dont want to no ??? they should just bring the lad home and let im do the time there :(

Scouse_legend

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:29 pm

I see the local nut house has left a door open...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRIMM599 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:16 pm

anyone know what happend here? Just read it for the first time and would like to know what happend? Did the lad get free? Did the other lad get locked away?
GRIMM599

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:00 pm

GRIMM599 wrote:anyone know what happend here? Just read it for the first time and would like to know what happend? Did the lad get free? Did the other lad get locked away?

what planet are you on ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm

GRIMM599 wrote:anyone know what happend here? Just read it for the first time and would like to know what happend? Did the lad get free? Did the other lad get locked away?

Dont you follow what happens to liverpool supporters  :sleep or have you just got outta nick in some foreign country and you really dont know whats goin on ???  ???
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRIMM599 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:41 am

Dont you follow what happens to liverpool supporters   or have you just got outta nick in some foreign country and you really dont know whats goin on

Kinda, was in australia for the last year+ so you could kinda say i was in prison....being a bunch of convicts.... :D

Anyhow, whats the craic wit the lad?!?
GRIMM599

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion