Michael shields - read before you book your holida

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAGE UK » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:27 am

I missed the program.
Can you tell me exactly what it was called ill look for it in the future.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby RAGE UK » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:33 am

i found this if anyone want to read it.
http://www.freemichaelshields.org/
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:34 am

Ace Ventura wrote:At the end of the programme on the local news it said that an appeal can be launched this week, does anyone know if thats in process ?

The appeal has been heard the result is expected today or tomorow.As far as Iam aware no new evidence was considered
If the appeal is succesful new evidence may be considered.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:00 pm

What time is an announcment expected?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:12 pm

today...

from BBC news:

Jailed Liverpool FC fan Michael Shields is expected to hear the outcome of his appeal bid on Thursday.
Shields, 19, of Edge Hill, Liverpool, was jailed for 15 years in Bulgaria for the attempted murder of a barman. He has always denied the attack.

Another Liverpool man, Graham Sankey, confessed to the attack in a written statement although his solicitor said it may have been a different fight.

The Shields family hope the Supreme Court in Sofia will order a retrial.

The police have said they have no records of any other incident that night

Michael Shields snr

If the court upholds Shields' appeal, he could be freed on bail but required to remain in Bulgaria.

Alternatively, the court could decide to reduce the sentence. A decision is expected by the end of Thursday - the last day of the 30 days the court's judges were given to reach a decision.

His father Michael Shields senior said: "We are hoping to hear something today because the 30 days are up."

Speaking to BBC News, Mr Shields cast doubt on claims by Graham Sankey's solicitor that his client was involved in a different fight.

Failed appeal

"The police have said they have no records of any other incident that night," he said.

His sister Laura praised the people from all over Britain who had backed the family's campaign.

"It's been amazing - Michael doesn't believe us when we tell him," she said.

In November last year, Shields failed in an attempt to get his jail sentence reduced.

He has consistently protested his innocence and maintains he was in bed when a paving slab was dropped on Martin Georgiev's head in the Black Sea resort of Varna in summer 2005.

Shields was there after watching Liverpool FC's Champions League victory in Turkey.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:17 pm

They said on the news before that if the appeal is rejected and the case gets took to the court of human rights (or something like that) because Bulgaria are not in the EU it could take as long as 3 years for Michael to get released. But it might not come to that. I hope his appeal is successful.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:
Luis Garcia wrote:to be honest, as harsh as this sounds, the kid will do the 15 year sentance,

cant see the other pleb, who confessed going back to bulgaria to hand himself over.

i wouldnt if i was him! and how bad does that sound!

if u was him , and he escaped with the skin of his teeth, would you go back over there knowing u is gonna do 15 years in a foreign jail?

hard but true!

course Id go back, as would any decent human, youre just a fucking scum bag who deserves being banned.

Yeah ,but any decent human being wouldn't have dropped a rock the size of a portable tv on that waiters head to start with .Do you really expect a thug who came close to killing a man to "do the decent thing " ?

I also think you're bang out of order calling another member "a f*cking scumbag " because he was honest enough to admit that he wouldn't face up to a 15 year jail sentence .

You say you'd turn yourself in , yeah ,of course you would , easy to say when you don't actually have to do it .

Well in Woof Woof, this forum is full of people who just want to score brownie points by showing apparent 'disgust' at other members views, and criticise other people's spelling.

If you read through some threads, valid points are being raised, but they are being ignored as people want to argue about 'cleeks' and the incorrect spelling.

I doubt some of here have even been the match
Mark 23

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:55 am

Whats happend with this then ? I thought a decision was due yesterday ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:18 pm

Still no news.Could i just point out the news we are waiting on will not see Michael released.The Bulgarians are deciding whether his case should go to a retrial or not.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:21 pm

Yep they are delaying the decision. For how long I don't know. But it must be agony for Michael and his family waiting for that vital decision.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:petition link

SIGN IT

:bump

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:07 pm

I signed the petition, but i had a browse through some of the other singnatures and its actually disgraceful that one or two people have used it as a joke and have slagged michael and his family, its fcuking shocking in fact!

What goes around comes around and that minority who have used the petition to slag him will get their just rewards in life!
ICE-MAN

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:30 pm

signed 24328. lets all hope some one decides to take this all the way and get the lad some deserved justice.. they owe him. fair do's to that ex-copper for highlighting the pathetic trial. and lets give michael something to smile about tomorrow night.  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:39 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:So your saying that cowardly actions are the way forward?
Here's a thought; why doesn't Tony "lets tell the country what they want to hear, then sneak in a law to the contrary" Blair FORCE the little t*at to go to Bulgaria? And don't say he can't, because you will only be showing niavity.

Totally agree, i was unaware about a cover up by FIRST CHOICE, but still think the government have also done f@ck all. Surely they can get this sorted out, i read an article in the Mirror...i think it might of been by Brian Reade (reds fan) he was slating the governemnt stating that if i was a private school toff who had been banged up for a crime he didnt commit he would of been home now, because Michael is a football fan...and a LIVERPOOL FC fan, the government have washed there hands of it and are leaving him to rot.
Absolutely disgusting.

yeah funny how thatchers son manages to get off with charges of starting a f@cking military coup in africa somewhere when he looked well bang to rights. the foreign office had no problem shifting their @rses then.
poor michael`s only crime is being a big lad with a short haircut and the government couldnt give a :censored: really.

Well said, at the end of the day if he was an MP's son he would be sent home to UK with all apologies.........cos our government don't know him they will do feck all......really pi55e5 me off knowing this innocent guy will do time..........plus the officials over there "know" he is innocent and just want to put a convict with a crime for their stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby 2520years » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:57 am

His sentence has been reduced.
My earliest memory.
2520years

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion