Michael Shields granted pardon - IMPORTANT - please read

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:22 pm

I like a line from "Celebrate" by an Emotional Fish, rather apt to Michael.

"It's dangerous to be innocent, 'cause you're the victim every time"
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby das20093 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 pm

signed
das20093

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 pm

This has just been put to the PM in the PMQ's. Should be some movement on a decision to be taken on a pardon later this month.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby a7med 7assan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:13 pm

thx
a7med 7assan

Postby yossi benayoun1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am

:)
Israel and England Brothers
yossi benayoun1

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:04 am

I've always that if this lad was called Rupert, lived in Surrey and was the son of a nurosurgeon he'd have been out in about 2 weeks. Fecking disgraceful the way he's been allowed to rot.l
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 pm

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Jack-Straw-Refuses-Appeal-For-A-Pardon-By-Jailed-Football-Fan-Michael-Shields/Article/200907115328142?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15328142_Jack_Straw_Refuses_Appeal_For_A_Pardon_By_Jailed_Football_Fan_Michael_Shi

elds]Bad news im afraid[/url]

Justice Secretary Jack Straw has refused an appeal for a pardon by jailed football fan Michael Shields.

Shields was jailed in Bulgaria in 2005 for the attempted murder of a barman following Liverpool FC's European Cup victory in Istanbul, Turkey.

Despite another man confessing to the attack, Shields was locked up for 10 years.

He was transferred to Britain to serve the remainder of his sentence, and is currently held at HMP Haverigg in Cumbria.

In a provisional decision, Mr Straw was unable to conclude Shields was "morally and technically innocent", the Ministry of Justice said.

A High Court judgement in December last year set a "very high" bar for granting what is known as a free pardon.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said Mr Straw had written to Shields to give him a "full explanation" of the reasons for his decision.

Shields can make further representations to the Justice Secretary, after which he will make a final decision.

Mr Shields' father, Michael, said his 22-year-old son is "absolutely distraught" by the decision.

He said: "I don't know what I am going to do. We are going to have to discuss our next step. I think we have 28 days to try to convince them they're wrong."

Fighting back tears, Mr Shields' mother, Marie, added: "I just can't believe it - it's a disgrace, this feels like a knife in the back.

"I don't know how much Michael can take."

Hopes were raised at the beginning of June when Prime Minister Gordon Brown promised the Shields family they would have news by the end of the month.

But the latest decision comes as a blow to the Shields family and thousands of their supporters who have campaigned for the fan's freedom.
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:24 pm

:censored: Jack Straw
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Jack Straw is a total bast@rd!
He wont free Michael and even refused Biggs the train robbers parole today as well.

FFS Shields is innocent

And Biggs is on his last legs,Straw said that he is unrepentant and has no respect for the law cause he escaped years ago!!

Fu,ckin look who your surrounded by in the commons Mister Straw...a shower of thieving kunts.

I hate our government with a passion,shower of shi'te!! :angry:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC4allseasons » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Straw is just one of many examples why all politicians are lying, thieving, scum. He's another southern loving :censored: who his happy to :censored: on the north at every given chance.

Straw, the officers, his family and us fans all know Michael is innocent.

Stay strong Michael mate. Your day will come one day - soon hopefully.
LFC4allseasons

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Absolutly an totaly disgusted , Straw should be a feckin ashamed of himself, the lot of them can feck off imo, lying theiving scumbags,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC4allseasons » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Straw you're a :censored: spineless :censored: lad. Haven't the :censored: to do what's right.

I suppose you're amused to see the family of an innocent man suffer, time and time again. Don't worry though Straw lad, just go and claim expenses on how long it took you to come to the wrong decision you lying, thieving :censored:. After all the things you've said and done in the past, the least you should have done today is give Michael the pardon he fully deserves, even though it's still late.

Another innocent man suffering in a prison cell. Wasn't it only a few months ago Brown was saying the prisons of Britain were too full? Oh well, I suppose it's better to have rapists, murderers, muggers, thieves and pedophiles walking the streets than innocent men eh Straw.

Disgraceful the way you and the rest of your political :censored: have treated Michael and his family over the last few years.

Our thoughts are with you Michael mate.
LFC4allseasons

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Had to come on briefly to express my disgust at Straw's decision kop out. There should be lots of doubt even in HIS mind that Michael is guilty, how can he sleep at night knowing that he has the power to release an innocent man but is choosing not to. What a cunt

Then again he is a politician, they don't have consciences and we see every day what their decisions do for the people they are there to represent.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:14 am

Me head an my heart are in bits watching his dad ,fecking heartbreaking,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8131459.stm
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC4allseasons » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:27 am

^^^^
Heartbreaking that Nanny.

Can't believe that he's still in prison