MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 am

Only me, I respect your opinion.  As I have always respected everyones in my entire time on this board.  But there is no way Skrtel should be anywhere near a football pitch for at least 3 weeks. 

He went down really hard.  He was knocked out.  You can tell simply by his arm positions when he went down.  Seeing his eyes.  He had no clue where he was. 

Maybe I'm a softie but I take concussions very seriously. 

Martin may be out for quite a while.  Everybody is different.  I'm in pretty decent shape I slipped on ice and a parked car and my head broke my fall.  I insisted I was alright.

This was on Valentines day.  Went about our business on that night.  Thought I was fine.

Next memory I have is of Thursday (got a very nice paycheck).  I don't remember half of a week.

My Neurologist had me doing brain exercises trying to remember back as far as possible in detail.  I can remember back to Nov 14th.  I can tell you what I did who I saw, What I did at work etc.  I can't remember a thing from Valentine's day on.

I can see pictures.  Remember them.  My wife or kids can tell me what we did, I might recall it.  But if you were sitting in front of me and asked me to detail any day fron 14/2 until now.  I couldn't.  I could still tell you everything from 14/11 of last year up until then.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:53 am

The Good Yank » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:24 am wrote:Only me, I respect your opinion.  As I have always respected everyones in my entire time on this board.  But there is no way Skrtel should be anywhere near a football pitch for at least 3 weeks. 

He went down really hard.  He was knocked out.  You can tell simply by his arm positions when he went down.  Seeing his eyes.  He had no clue where he was. 

Maybe I'm a softie but I take concussions very seriously. 

Martin may be out for quite a while.  Everybody is different.  I'm in pretty decent shape I slipped on ice and a parked car and my head broke my fall.  I insisted I was alright.

This was on Valentines day.  Went about our business on that night.  Thought I was fine.

Next memory I have is of Thursday (got a very nice paycheck).  I don't remember half of a week.

My Neurologist had me doing brain exercises trying to remember back as far as possible in detail.  I can remember back to Nov 14th.  I can tell you what I did who I saw, What I did at work etc.  I can't remember a thing from Valentine's day on.

I can see pictures.  Remember them.  My wife or kids can tell me what we did, I might recall it.  But if you were sitting in front of me and asked me to detail any day fron 14/2 until now.  I couldn't.  I could still tell you everything from 14/11 of last year up until then.

Hi Mate ,i'm no doctor and i respect your personal experience but coming from the states you probably watch (or maybe not) a lot of American Football ,Players get concussed all the time and based on the severity of the blow they return to play at various times ,some return for the next game and some take a couple of weeks ,So Yes the Fall looked Ugly and Martin should get all the rest he needs but to say he should be out for 3 weeks at least is also not based on real understanding of the situation. I thought that if he wasn't evacuated to the Hospital the Dr's found him to be in an "ok" condition and we can hope to see him play the next game...Again not rushing it he should pass all the examination needed before cleared to play.
Take Care
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Martin Skrtel has been charged by the FA over the incident with David de Gea yesterday. Has until 6pm tomorrow to respond to charge

3 match ban coming up
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 pm

He will be missed.
Doubt he will contest it so should only be the standard 3 games.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Martin pulled a Skrtel ,what an idiot.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:44 am

only me » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 pm wrote:Martin pulled a Skrtel ,what an idiot.

You are aware though that that was his first red card in the premier league in 4 years.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 am

It was no different to the stamp that Costa put on him that was deemed "accidental" by the FA
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:03 am

kazza » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:39 am wrote:It was no different to the stamp that Costa put on him that was deemed "accidental" by the FA

I agree. Costa looks like a bandit from the Three Amigo's or something, doesn't he? Beside the point, I know, but what a vile, horrid thing he looks. Both are guilty. Costa more so. He does it all the time. He's about as honest and sporting as Mourinho is. I'd love to see the pair made to answer for their awful attitude that is destroying the integrity of the English game.
As for Skrtel, he seems a decent lad. No one should stamp, and I'm not making excuses, but Martin lost his rag. He's not a nasty player. Costa should be locked up. Skrtel should pay his dues without fuss and get back to us ASAP. A massively improved player who will be missed.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby only me » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:59 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:44 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 pm wrote:Martin pulled a Skrtel ,what an idiot.

You are aware though that that was his first red card in the premier league in 4 years.

So? Idiotic move unsportsmanlike behavior ,complete idiot.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 pm

He is contesting it, from the BBC....

Martin Skrtel: Liverpool defender denies 'stamp' on David de Gea

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has denied a charge of violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.
The incident happened in injury-time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
The Slovakian, 30, was charged on Monday and faces a three-match suspension, but claims the incident was accidental and not intentional.
It is anticipated the FA will deliver their verdict on Wednesday.
Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence after reviewing footage, leading to the charge.
A three-match ban would see Skrtel miss Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal on 4 April and at home to Newcastle on 13 April, plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.
Captain Steven Gerrard will already miss those games after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:48 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:He is contesting it, from the BBC....

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has denied a charge of violent conduct over an alleged stamp on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.
The incident happened in injury-time during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
The Slovakian, 30, was charged on Monday and faces a three-match suspension, but claims the incident was accidental and not intentional.
Referee Martin Atkinson did not see the incident but three former officials agreed it was a sending-off offence after reviewing footage, leading to the charge.
A three-match ban would see Skrtel miss Liverpool's Premier League matches at Arsenal on 4 April and at home to Newcastle on 13 April, plus the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn on 8 April.
Captain Steven Gerrard will already miss those games after his red card 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in the same game.

Does that mean we'll appeal? We should do so, honestly Skrtel might look like a badass but he's just not the kind of guy to be stamping on people. I'm convinced it was unintentional.

Anyway, saw a picture today of Mignolet's leg, an injury from Rooney's "nothing" challenge  :no
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:59 pm

damjan193 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:48 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:He is contesting it, from the BBC....

Yes we are appealing it, decison to be made tomorrow
Does that mean we'll appeal? We should do so, honestly Skrtel might look like a badass but he's just not the kind of guy to be stamping on people. I'm convinced it was unintentional.

Anyway, saw a picture today of Mignolet's leg, an injury from Rooney's "nothing" challenge  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:46 am

only me » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:59 pm wrote:

By saying "Martin pulled a Skrtel" would imply that he does stuff like this all the time.
Agree though he was an idiot and it is unsportsmanlike behavior.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:18 am

I think it was unintentional if that had been against a team like Hull nothing would have been said but because it was against Manure they automatically think its due to the hostility of the game

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 am

only me » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:59 pm wrote:

so really you mean Martin did a Rooney
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion