Postby RedRoots » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:22 pm

PabloAimar wrote:he deserves to spend a night with jacko... ch'mone :blues:

Why? Jacko wouldn't be interested.
RedRoots

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:56 pm

RedRoots wrote:
PabloAimar wrote:he deserves to spend a night with jacko... ch'mone :blues:

Why? Jacko wouldn't be interested.

jacko is a luster. he will touch nething that moves.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby rinoayuna » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 am

bobby robson also said chelsea would make the final and not us . bet they are all eating their words now
rinoayuna

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:54 am

In fairness in the build up to the game the fella did say that although he hadn't expected us to get to the final now that we were there he thought we could win it.

He sometimes pi'sses me off with his apparent lack of support for LFC, but then again often he's only saying what some of us are privately thinking . I for one never expected us to reach the final , I'm convinced 90% of this forum didn't expect it either . Well Lawrenson was only saying what we were thinking .
Of course now that we've got the trophy locked up there's a load of people posting who knew from the minute we entered the group stage that we would win it and Lawrenson is just a kunt.

Get a life.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:01 am

Spot on woof woof.  You're dead right.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:55 pm

woof woof ! wrote:In fairness in the build up to the game the fella did say that although he hadn't expected us to get to the final now that we were there he thought we could win it.

He sometimes pi'sses me off with his apparent lack of support for LFC, but then again often he's only saying what some of us are privately thinking . I for one never expected us to reach the final , I'm convinced 90% of this forum didn't expect it either . Well Lawrenson was only saying what we were thinking .
Of course now that we've got the trophy locked up there's a load of people posting who knew from the minute we entered the group stage that we would win it and Lawrenson is just a kunt.

Get a life.

You are right, i dont think any of us ACTUALLY thought we would win the final (until we were in it) even Steve G wrote of our chances.
But thats not my problem with him, its the way he speaks about it in his interviews, he seems to want us to lose to these teams so he can say that he was part of the last great Liverpool side.
A bit more passion, loyalty even bias on our behalf is what i want to see of ex players.
You onlt have to look at Aldo to see what i mean, (now i know he is a scouser,and supported us as a kid) But his reaction to us winning the final was brilliant, i have saved it as me ringtone on my mobile.
Lawrenson can f@ck off, he is the past. And not got any ounce of sentiments towards the current side or the fans.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:21 pm

woof woof ! wrote:In fairness in the build up to the game the fella did say that although he hadn't expected us to get to the final now that we were there he thought we could win it.

Get a life.

You're missing the point woof,

I don't think anyone on here is saying that we knew we'd win it since we were in the group stages.  And i agree that Lawrenson was saying what a lot of us thought deep down at times.

The fact is that for someone who used to play for this club and calls himself a fan, he rarely ever has anything positive to say about the team (as you said).  As a pundit he is completely dismissive of the current team and almost seems satisfied when we lose a big game because he can sit there with his smug grin and say 'told you so'.

When people on here are calling him a cu.nt its because he deserves it, not because we are claiming that we thought we'd beat juve and chelski and he didn't.

If carra or gerrard were to sit there as pundits in 20 years time and make comments like lawrenson does now (not that i think they will), then as far as I'm concerned they'd be cu.nts too.  I don't care how good a player lawrenson was, his comments are completely ridiculous at times (and not just about LFC either), and its nice to see his negative predictions be completely wrong.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:47 pm

By all means call him a kunt if you wish . but certainly not for saying (initially) that he didn't think we could win the Champions League as that would mean 90% of us in here are kunts.
Like I said he's pi'ssed me off as well at times ,but i have no axe to grind with him as far as his opinion of our CL chances were concerned . The title of this thread was "Mark Lawrenson what will he say now ? "Obviously with reference to us winning the cup . He's already said "it was a fantastic performance" and as I mentioned earlier ,prior to the actual ko he did say having got to the final he now thought that we were capable of winning it . I don't see how any of that makes him a kunt.

Sad that some people need to have a pop at one of our best ex's when on this particular issue it isn't (imo ) justified.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:By all means call him a kunt if you wish . but certainly not for saying (initially) that he didn't think we could win the Champions League as that would mean 90% of us in here are kunts.
Like I said he's pi'ssed me off as well at times ,but i have no axe to grind with him as far as his opinion of our CL chances were concerned . The title of this thread was "Mark Lawrenson what will he say now ? "Obviously with reference to us winning the cup . He's already said "it was a fantastic performance" and as I mentioned earlier ,prior to the actual ko he did say having got to the final he now thought that we were capable of winning it . I don't see how any of that makes him a kunt.

Sad that some people need to have a pop at one of our best ex's when on this particular issue it isn't (imo ) justified.

Fair point about this thread not being a generalisation of Lawro as a person but one question woof, do you think lawro actually wanted us to do it ?
I know as a pundit he gets asked his opinion an he is inclined to give it, his opinion wouldnt of differed from mine, i hoped we would win but didnt expect it, from the juve ties onwards, do you actually think he even hoped it ?
I dont.
Thats my only point, for an ex red and a member of the last european cup winning side of ours, you would think he would still have big sentiments for the club.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:49 pm

Ace , if I thought that deep inside he didn't WANT us to win the cup then along with a few others I would also be calling him a kunt ! :D  :D  :D .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Quimby » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:19 pm

I think there's a big difference between not thinking we could win and not wanting us to win - I'm certain Lawro is in the former camp. After all, if just criticising our club is something that he shouldn't do, are we any better? We all have strong opinions on managers past and present, the board etc... but I'd never doubt that any of us doesn't love the club 100%
Quimby

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion