MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Octsky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:58 am

actually what is the big wooha over agger n sakho more being left legged?
isnt carra and hypia both right legged?
why cant agger n sakho both play together?
skertel and reina were double trouble, skertel is just a mistake waiting to happen.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 am wrote:Rodgers reckons Sakho "looks an absolute monster in training".

Get the feeling though he won't be picked for Swansea tonight, I reckon Toure will get the nod to partner Agger.

i hope it a different monster than the one borini is supposed to be  :D
toure and agger would do fine for me but would like to see sakho get a start.
maybe we will have toure, sakho, llori, agger and skrtel on if we take an early lead  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm

I read somewhere he's not in the squad for tonight. Interesting....
I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tadhger09 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm wrote:I read somewhere he's not in the squad for tonight. Interesting....
I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Likewise.

But we may have to wait as you pointed out :(
tadhger09
LFC Basic Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 pm

I thought he was poor today, but early days, hopefully it's down to nerves and match fitness because he really reminded me of Djimi Traore in some instances. I thought he was tidy in possession, kept the ball well and didn't waste it like his other teammates (Mignolet at it again), there was an instance when he was under pressure he did well and passed it forward.Also, he was also good in the air. However, he got caught ball watching in the second goal and his poor header put Henderson under pressure to give the ball away. He also attempted tackles that he completely missed and let Michu get the better of him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 pm

metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 pm wrote:I thought he was poor today, but early days, hopefully it's down to nerves and match fitness because he really reminded me of Djimi Traore in some instances. I thought he was tidy in possession, kept the ball well and didn't waste it like his other teammates (Mignolet at it again), there was an instance when he was under pressure he did well and passed it forward.Also, he was also good in the air. However, he got caught ball watching in the second goal and his poor header put Henderson under pressure to give the ball away. He also attempted tackles that he completely missed and let Michu get the better of him.

Man have we been watching the same game? He was excellent for a first game in the EPL ,He was confident with the ball ,made some great tackles ,good in the Air ,overall responsible for Swansea barely getting any shots at goal. If that's your description of a poor game man do I wait for him to have a great game.

Well Done Sakho.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Although it wasn't the best of debuts for him, you could see that he could be a good player for us if instructed and managed well. I wouldn't partner him with Skrtel too often though, we'll have a very unorganized back 4 if we do.

Also, he looks like he might do well as a DM. He's good on the ball and he likes to close players down quickly rather than wait for them to arrive in the box or near it. I think we should try it out sometime.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 am

only me » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 pm wrote:
metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 pm wrote:I thought he was poor today, but early days, hopefully it's down to nerves and match fitness because he really reminded me of Djimi Traore in some instances. I thought he was tidy in possession, kept the ball well and didn't waste it like his other teammates (Mignolet at it again), there was an instance when he was under pressure he did well and passed it forward.Also, he was also good in the air. However, he got caught ball watching in the second goal and his poor header put Henderson under pressure to give the ball away. He also attempted tackles that he completely missed and let Michu get the better of him.

Man have we been watching the same game? He was excellent for a first game in the EPL ,He was confident with the ball ,made some great tackles ,good in the Air ,overall responsible for Swansea barely getting any shots at goal. If that's your description of a poor game man do I wait for him to have a great game.

Well Done Sakho.

Think metalhead was watching the same game I was, his positional play was absolutely shocking and his decision making in terms of when to press and when to hold were woefull and resulted in one, if not two of the goals conceeded.

Still, he looked comfortable on the ball and strong, won a few good headers. Hopefully that was just a one off... not overly convinced though I'm affraid.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am

damjan193 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:56 pm wrote:Also, he looks like he might do well as a DM.

Oh my word :no
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 am

Hope he comes good, maybe a partnership with Toure or Agger will produce better results.
killerp

Postby Raoul » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 am

StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm wrote:

Well Done Sakho.

Think metalhead was watching the same game I was, his positional play was absolutely shocking and his decision making in terms of when to press and when to hold were woefull and resulted in one, if not two of the goals conceeded.

Still, he looked comfortable on the ball and strong, won a few good headers. Hopefully that was just a one off... not overly convinced though I'm affraid.

Completely agree with Metalhead and Stu. He was disappointing, and partly culpable for both goals. At the same time, you can see a good player in there, hopefully he improves with games, but I don't see him starting next week based on what we saw today.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:12 am

Well Done Sakho.

He was at fault for both goals - if that's excellent then I hope we don't ever see him have a poor game

Shelvey just waltzed around him for the first

And then he was dragged out of position and went to ground early and left a massive hole for the second

He was all over the place

Was strong in the air though
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:55 am

And then he was dragged out of position and went to ground early and left a massive hole for the second

Rubbish, he never went to ground for their second goal. He was dragged out of position but Wisdom was equally culpable as he was tracking Michu.

They were both at fault.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 am

Kenny Kan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:55 am wrote:

Rubbish, he never went to ground for their second goal. He was dragged out of position but Wisdom was equally culpable as he was tracking Michu.

They were both at fault.

Can't blame Sakho for the second goal. If I blame anyone it's Wisdom.

Wisdom was equally culpable as he was tracking Michu
Actually KK the problem was that Wisdom wasn't tracking Michu, Skrtl was gesturing to Wisdom to pick up Michu before the ball even reached Shelvey for the knock down that Michu put away. Skrtl anticipated the danger where as Wisdom only reacted to it, when it was already too late.

On Sakho, thought he had worrying first half but he was probably our only player whose game improved in the second half, mainly because he stopped going to ground for every effin' tackle.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 am

Overall, I thought he was poor against Swansea and a bit overzealous which is unlike him from what I've seen of him; he usually reads the game well and produces well timed challenges. Whether its the nerves because it was his first game or just him lacking the knowledge about the players of the opposition I dont know but he needs to sort out his concentration and decision making if he wants a spot in the starting 11. All our other options (Toure, Agger and Skrtel) have impressed so far so I'd stick with them in the league games for now. Perhaps a run in the cup games or as a backup for Enrique might be the way to go for now.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion