MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:34 pm wrote:He needs time to settle because I think this lad could be a beast of a defender for us.

It hasn't helped that he's been shuffled around the back in various positions in his opening games.

I'd certainly give this lad time. Potential is definitely there IMO.

There we go again with "potential"... he's big quick and strong... so he has potential.  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:34 pm wrote:He needs time to settle because I think this lad could be a beast of a defender for us.

It hasn't helped that he's been shuffled around the back in various positions in his opening games.

There we go again with "potential"... he's big quick and strong... so he has potential.  :laugh:

Before you go laughing at yourself again, I'm referring to the potential to fit into the team and become a regular. Not the potential to become something he's not. From what I've seen he's got enough to warrant a place in the starting line-up and become an integral part of our defense.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm wrote:

Before you go laughing at yourself again, I'm referring to the potential to fit into the team and become a regular. Not the potential to become something he's not. From what I've seen he's got enough to warrant a place in the starting line-up and become an integral part of our defense.

Fair enough... misunderstood.

Personally I don't think he's an improvement upon Agger. Infact, judging off his first few games I'd say he's nowhere near as good as Agger. There are things he does that are confusing my judgement to be honest and I haven't actually been to a game and seen him properly yet, but from what I've seen on TV I'm not impressed what so ever. All fur coat and no knickers... although I probably wouldn't say that to his face... :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Fair enough... misunderstood.

Personally I don't think he's an improvement upon Agger. Infact, judging off his first few games I'd say he's nowhere near as good as Agger. There are things he does that are confusing my judgement to be honest and I haven't actually been to a game and seen him properly yet, but from what I've seen on TV I'm not impressed what so ever. All fur coat and no knickers... although I probably wouldn't say that to his face... 

His decision (he's done it twice now) to push right up into midfield and leave the back line is odd if not scary. I think once he settles down and plays alongside 1 CB for a period of time he'll be alright, and for me that CB would be Kolo - who is still very useful in his own right, with his experience and leadership qualities too this will help Sahko settle in and also helps the rest of the defense. To me, Sahko looks a better defensive defender than Agger who isn't the best at dealing with high balls and the physicality of the game sometimes.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Looks very strong in the air - certainly adds a bit of strength in the middle. Still a bit unsure with the ball at his feet and gave the ball away a few too many times. But can certainly see him settling down and forming a partnership with Agger.
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:21 pm wrote:Looks very strong in the air - certainly adds a bit of strength in the middle. Still a bit unsure with the ball at his feet and gave the ball away a few too many times. But can certainly see him settling down and forming a partnership with Agger.

I thought he was very comfortable with the ball and definitely quick and strong. However, I'm more worried about his decision making.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:37 am

Welll, so far he has performed as I thought.
He just isn't that good and we dropped a big one paying that money for him.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Penguins » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:37 am wrote:Welll, so far he has performed as I thought.
He just isn't that good and we dropped a big one paying that money for him.

My fears exactly.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Only had 3 games with one being out of his natural position so too early to judge but early impressions -strong in the air and don't think many will out muscle him (something we have missed). Do wonder if he has the composure of a top defender but need to give him time settle before judging that. I think the £15m rising to £18m may be a little too much for him but again he may prove he is worth that. Only time will tell
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:57 pm

its very early for him, new league, new teammates and a new system so it will take him a while to fully get up to speed. hopefully by christmas he will have well settled.  he doesnt look good value for what we spent though.
can he speak english ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:59 pm

I actually thought he was very good against Man Utd. Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:34 am

Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:59 pm wrote:I actually thought he was very good against Man Utd. Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months.

yeah me too, he won most things in the air and blocked a lot of shots.
it will take him a while to get used to the pace of the game here but thats natural, even xabi alonso said he struggled to cope early on.
i like sakho, i can see him developing into a colossus.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Shaky start but I still think he's shown enough promise that I'm not really concerned about him.  Great in the air, strong and quick.  Positional play will improve once he gets more used to his team mates and decision making will improve as he gets more used to the style of play here.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:34 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:59 pm wrote:I actually thought he was very good against Man Utd. Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few months.

yeah me too, he won most things in the air and blocked a lot of shots.
it will take him a while to get used to the pace of the game here but thats natural, even xabi alonso said he struggled to cope early on.
i like sakho, i can see him developing into a colossus.

Alonso struggled that much that in his second appearance against Norwich all the newspapers game him a "10 out of 10" (which isn't something you see every day.

The point being that great players, if not performing to their level every week will show what they're about in their first few games. So far, I've seen nothing from Sahko to suggest he's got what it takes.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Thought he was exceptional today in handling Altidore ,definitely got the makings of a great defender....Just beaten to my man of the match by a thoroughly
monstrous performance by Kolo Toure at RB .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion