MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Welcome to the club Skaho! Great signing for us, just what we needed IMO. We overpaid a bit obviously, but no one will mind that once he starts performing. I'm really confident that he will do well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:11 pm wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Ilori going out on loan - also Wisdom

the kid has only just walked through the door and you come out with that pearler of a statement?  your a joke of a supporter benny. I wouldn't mind seeing YOU go out on loan and I'm not the only one.  :no
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 pm

redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm wrote:

the kid has only just walked through the door and you come out with that pearler of a statement?  your a joke of a supporter benny. I wouldn't mind seeing YOU go out on loan and I'm not the only one.  :no

Tottenham to take BTN on loan...dream move for all  concerned :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 pm

:laugh:   good old spurs, they'll be in for him no doubt
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:21 pm

redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm wrote:

What exactly is wrong with that statement ? He isn't going to get much playing time with us with 4 senior CB's in front of him so to keep up his development loaning him gives him playing time - just like Chelsea have just done with Atsu or what they did with De Bruyne or what the majority of clubs do with young talented players - if you took your head out of your ***** you might understand that.

Or would you prefer him to just not play competitive football for a season.

You haven't got a clue have you ! You look at the facts I have made a post and then react - try engage a brain cell first - that way you might show a tiny bit of football knowledge
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:31 pm

whatever benny
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 am

Our defence crisis is now over with the arrivals of Sakho, Illori. Now BR has Sakho, Illori, Agger, Skrtel all good centre halves available for selection. Don't forget Toure and Cissokho will be fit soon. So I'm not worried about our defence.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:20 am

Ilori is not just simply a centre back. He can also be very useful as a DM. He can add strength in depth not only to our defence but also to the midfield. I'm sure BR will want to see exactly what he can do before making any future plans.

Welcome to LFC.

Good luck.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 am

three excellent signings, good business by Rodgers he has brought in additional quality which will give us plenty of options.
We now have a squad capable of challenging for a top 4 finish, that's all I'm thinking of at the moment we don't want to
get too carried away about winning titles just yet?.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Mamadou Sakho: What Liverpool are getting

In the past few days, there have been staggering developments in the proposed deal that would take French centre back Mamadou Sakho to English club Liverpool. Today, as he is on the verge of this move, we take a look at just how good Sakho is, and whether he is good enough to compete day in, day out in the Premier League.

You could be forgiven for thinking that Sakho was a far older player than he really is. He has played almost 200 games for a top Ligue 1 club and was made captain for a Ligue 1 game 6 years ago in 2007, which, for any normal player, would suggest he was around 30 years old. However, amazingly, Sakho is only 23, and was given the captaincy of PSG for one game aged 17, the youngest in Ligue 1 history. This tells us a lot about what we need to know about Sakho. He is hard-working, determined, a good influence on other players and, most of all, a natural leader.

Regardless of the transfer fee, Liverpool are signing a quality centre back who will help them replace the legend that was Jamie Carragher. In many ways, Sakho is a similar player. He sets a great example on and off the pitch, he is never afraid to put his body on the line for the team and he will inspire his teammates to do the same. He has a brilliant sliding takle, is very strong in the air and also has a great knack of scoring goals for his team as well.

There are a few question marks about whether he can adapt to the English game. Some claim that, since Sakho has only ever played for PSG, he will take time to adapt to the new club, as it is the first time in his career that he has made this kind of change. However, unlike most 23-year-olds, Sakho has a wealth of experience to draw on. He has been capped 13 times by his country, has won 4 major honours with PSG and also has 2 individual honours to his name.

More to the point, even though he has only played in one club in his career, Sakho has partnered many different centre backs, and he has had to adapt to playing with each of these players and forming the best partnership possible. This should prepare him for the challenge that lies ahead with Liverpool, and I am sure that he will not struggle to adapt to the Merseyside team’s style of play.

Some fans have been complaining about the proposed transfer fee and yes, it is surprisingly high for a player in the last year of his contract. They, however, must understand that they are signing a player who has many years left in his football career. Sakho could still easily be in Liverpool’s starting line-up in 2020, at the age of 29. The reason that the fee is large is the fact that Livepool are buying a ‘young’ player who is also vastly experienced.

To conclude, the signing of Sakho is no doubt a great deal for the club. Brendan Rogers has brought in a player who is not only young and one for the future, but also has the necessary experience to be a leader in the team right from the very first day. We at Get French Football News wish Sakho every success at Liverpool, and we will certainly miss watching him grace Ligue 1 in the coming seasons

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/mamadou-sakho-what-liverpool-are-getting/
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Big Jan's Take on the window and Sakho

Former Liverpool star Jan Molby believes that £15million signing Mamadou Sakho is NOT the marquee signing that fans had hoped for this summer.

Writing in the Liverpool Echo , Molby said Sakho could be an "excellent acquisition" but admitted he was surprised the club has seen the need to spend big on a centre-back.

"When you kick off the season with three successive clean sheets, it’s a little bit surprising to see two centre-backs [Sakho and Tiago Ilori] added to the squad on transfer deadline day," said Molby.

"Sakho might have cost £15m but he isn’t the marquee signing we’ve chased all summer.

"With all due respect, there weren’t any queues outside the club shop on Tuesday morning to buy shirts with his name on the back."

"A marquee signing is someone  who gets you out of your seat like Mesut Ozil, Willian or Henrik Mkhitaryan.

Molby also noted that Sakho had not developed in the way many observers had expected:
"Something obviously went wrong when you look at where he was at the age of 17 [when he was made Paris Saint-Germain captain].

"But he is still only 23 and if he can recapture that early form will flourish. He is big, strong, quick – all the attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2eOYOQz6T
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 pm

disagree with molby on that score, we have been desperate for a tall, powerful CB ever since sami left for germany.
infact i`d say most fans thought that the recruitment of an arielly dominant CB should be our number 1 priority over the summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 pm

He elaborated a bit on LFC Tv - he was talking more in terms the fee. Understood the need to bring in a strong CB but thought it was a lot of money.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm wrote:He elaborated a bit on LFC Tv - he was talking more in terms the fee. Understood the need to bring in a strong CB but thought it was a lot of money.

Why do you find it necessary to COPY and PASTE a negative article about a player that hasn't kicked a ball yet for Liverpool FC? You have argued all summer long that the club have failed to make signings because they were not prepared to pay an inflated price for a quality player and yet the minute they do you publish Jan Molby's comments about overpaying.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 am

Will be interesting to see whether playing 2 left footed CBs can form a good partnership.
15mill is about 5mill more than I would have liked us to pay for him but theres no doubt hes a very good player and a good addition to the squad. Hopefully, this doesnt mean that Agger (or even Skrtel for that matter) might be on his way out because I think the 4 we have now (Skrtel, Toure, Agger, Sakho) + the fullbacks give us one of the strongest defensive units (in terms of quality in the squad) in the league.

If we can keep what we have in January and look to build on it by adding a central midfielder and more importantly another top attacking talent then I think we'll be in good shape.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion