MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 pm

He wasnt that impressive.
He looks ok on the ball, but questions over his tackling.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:43 pm

shut up Timmy
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Perhaps they can coach the lad to play the holding role and get Lucas out of there pronto.

Looks like he is decent technically and has the build of Yaya Toure to be a monster in that position at some point.

Might be worth a gamble in one game as we are short of any cover in that position and I read an article suggesting PSG felt he
would develop into a midfield player eventually.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Timmy got banned :D

I'll end up going the same way if I keep replying to posters who tell me should Drop Gerrard and sell Suarez!! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Hasn't set the world on fire yet. If he was playing a Borini or Aspas role he would be getting some heavyweight stick and with some justification. Hope he's just taking time to settle in.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:20 am

devaney » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:32 pm wrote:Hasn't set the world on fire yet. If he was playing a Borini or Aspas role he would be getting some heavyweight stick and with some justification. Hope he's just taking time to settle in.

Traore springs to mind. So similar its frightening. Traore had that composed edge on the ball too... Very very worried at the moment and seen next to nothing to impress me in three games.

£17,000,000 down the drain? I'll let you know when I watch him live! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:41 am

I think he could settle, once he's got to grips with things. He'll learn to keep it simple whilst working on what it takes to be a defender. If/when that happens, his natural game could flourish and he'll be good.

Sometimes a few bad decisions in a players first few games can make a player look bad, especially when it's a cultural decision based on things like time on the ball, atmosphere and the way the opposition will play.

Weirdly, this dudes gait and style reminds me of Ballotelli.

Give him time
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby killerp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:51 am

Very slow start for Sakho, not very impressed with him so far.  He is ok on the ball but is too slow for the EPL.
Few more games & we will see if he can adapt to the pace.

Between him & Eriksen it's a no brainer where our money should have gone though.
killerp

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 am

RedAnt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 am wrote:I think he could settle, once he's got to grips with things. He'll learn to keep it simple whilst working on what it takes to be a defender. If/when that happens, his natural game could flourish and he'll be good.

Sometimes a few bad decisions in a players first few games can make a player look bad, especially when it's a cultural decision based on things like time on the ball, atmosphere and the way the opposition will play.

Give him time

I hope your right mate. It's just frustrating that when other clubs spend serious money on players they see immediate results. Over the last few years players we have paid over £15m for except Suarez have flattered to deceive.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 am

I think he's had a baptism of fire - 2 games against the most successful team in the PL over the last 20 years.
Give him time
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 am

devaney » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:02 am wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 am wrote:I think he could settle, once he's got to grips with things. He'll learn to keep it simple whilst working on what it takes to be a defender. If/when that happens, his natural game could flourish and he'll be good.

Give him time

I hope your right mate. It's just frustrating that when other clubs spend serious money on players they see immediate results. Over the last few years players we have paid over £15m for except Suarez have flattered to deceive.

I hope I'm right too. I'm far from convinced. I have to say, for a marquee signing, I hadn't even heard of him until he joined us. My knowledge of players is massively reduced in recent years though. My fear is that he's a token signing. If I'd forgotten my birds birthday, I'd have ran to the petrol station at 2am, and come back with a Sahko. :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Good to see people giving him time and not jumping to conclusions after 3 games.

I even heard some muppets comparing him to Traore last night. Talk about clueless.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 pm

stmichael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm wrote:Good to see people giving him time and not jumping to conclusions after 3 games.

I even heard some muppets comparing him to Traore last night. Talk about clueless.

Spot on. Sakho is a quality I see him giving a fight to Agger With his excellent ball control.

Sure he still has to adopt but comperison to Traore is a joke.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:34 pm

He needs time to settle because I think this lad could be a beast of a defender for us.

It hasn't helped that he's been shuffled around the back in various positions in his opening games.

I'd certainly give this lad time. Potential is definitely there IMO.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:48 pm

stmichael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm wrote:Good to see people giving him time and not jumping to conclusions after 3 games.

You mean like people jumped to conclusions after three games with Enrique, Suarez, Alonso, Torres and Hyypia... or is it ok to jump to conclusions then because they were all positives?

???

Comparing his first three games with Traore is very apt in my opinion.

He's being billed as the next big thing, Traore was also.

They both have a composure on the ball that can at times make them appear better than they are/probably are.

They both have the same physique and style and supposed strengths.

Both go to ground far to easily and quickly.

I suppose it is silly to compare them though as Traore won a champions league medal :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion