LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:18 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:02 pm

I think the decision to sell Lucas is bazaar onje  whereas the worse player in squad to play in that position is “Joe Allen”, and really he is the one ought to sold. The best two players for that same position are Lucas & Can the latter is quite young.
The idiot BR will fall flat on his face in the next coming few games and especially against Arsenal and M. United , the man is quite mad to sell Lucas who is the best player in that position and we don’t have a replacement for him.. Our team has suffered badly last season for a cover for Lucas and it is quite apparent that we have the same problem in middle of the park this season!, and it is not being resolved since last season.

The sooner we get rid of the idiot BR the better it is for the team to a chance to do well, we will not progress well this season under BR.

Just look at his own signing over the past three seasons: Mario, Markovic, Alberto, Laspas, Allen, and many more useless players, and all of those were bought at top money.. Just look at Stoke City siging of this season before last Sunday game, it was just over £9M, and I know they have just bought a top quality forward for £12M.. a Player who LFC should have bought before, and we were after him all lof ast season, but BR went and bought Mario for £16M to play only 6 or 7 games!!!
Is that a clever management or an idiotic management!!!
algymoon

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Stupid to sell. He is a better player in the deep role than Allen, and arguably Can at this stage.

He might not be the sort of player we want. But he is what we need.

I support BR but will be ***** if he gets sold. Solid servant of the club who deserves some respect.

He may not be a world beater, but I don't think anyone can argue the evidence that the side is better and looks more cohesive with him in it.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:56 pm

I was never a fan of Lucas, but others on here really like him and it's changed my view. I've always thought we could upgrade him. Would love Mascha back but it won't happen. But selling Lucas without a replacement? Odd. And as others have said, why not Allen (or even Hendo!) first?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:57 pm

crazyhorse » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:13 pm wrote:Stupid to sell. He is a better player in the deep role than Allen, and arguably Can at this stage.

He might not be the sort of player we want. But he is what we need.

I support BR but will be ***** if he gets sold. Solid servant of the club who deserves some respect.

He may not be a world beater, but I don't think anyone can argue the evidence that the side is better and looks more cohesive with him in it.

This statement suggests that Lucas is a world beater? Which I agree with!
Not many at there who can play that selfless role at the back of midfield for the team like Lucas does!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Ousting your failsafe is never a wise move ,you don't ever really miss someone till they're not there .Personally I feel its a  decision that has reached a new high on the ridiculous scale  ??? I accept that we need a new DM and maybe with the injuries he's sustained over the years the time is right to move on ,but to do so bereft of assurances from the club that this will be addressed is complete madness !

It also seems apparent that players that have served the club well have been moved on in such acrimonious circumstances ,players such as Agger who often  professed his love for the club and its fans  ,and now sadly Lucas is about to depart through a similar much publicised course of events. I mean is it just players that the fans have a genuine affinity with that are currently being shown the door . Will Sakho ,another larger than life character and Kop favourite be the next to leave.

It just seems to becoming less and less a club with players the Kop can identify with as holding similar traits to themselves ,and more a conveyor belt for players who have little feeling for the club and its supporters.

A club like Liverpool should reward loyalty ,or at least usher in a new era by affording the old  the respect it deserves.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:08 pm wrote:Ousting your failsafe is never a wise move ,you don't ever really miss someone till they're not there .Personally I feel its a  decision that has reached a new high on the ridiculous scale  ??? I accept that we need a new DM and maybe with the injuries he's sustained over the years the time is right to move on ,but to do so bereft of assurances from the club that this will be addressed is complete madness !

It also seems apparent that players that have served the club well have been moved on in such acrimonious circumstances ,players such as Agger who often  professed his love for the club and its fans  ,and now sadly Lucas is about to depart through a similar much publicised course of events. I mean is it just players that the fans have a genuine affinity with that are currently being shown the door . Will Sakho ,another larger than life character and Kop favourite be the next to leave.

It just seems to becoming less and less a club with players the Kop can identify with as holding similar traits to themselves ,and more a conveyor belt for players who have little feeling for the club and its supporters.

A club like Liverpool should reward loyalty ,or at least usher in a new era by affording the old  the respect it deserves.

I feel so conflicted about the whole situation. I do not think Brendan is good enough to lead Liverpool and I don't like his personality either. I absolutely sympathize with Lucas and Agger and feel that our club needs to do so much better in the way in handling these players. And it's not just about sentimentality. BR's decisions are consistently baffling on a footballing front.

I think FSG have actually managed Liverpool excellently and put in good amount of money every season and we are simply reaping the rewards of this. I really wish to see Brendan replaced by a proper manager--someone with a personality that suits our traditions--but I can't bear to see us doing badly either. This summer would have been the perfect time to have got rid.
kartiek

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Lucas couldnt beat an egg, never mind the world. He is, at best, average, and at worst absolute dogsh'ite. Hes probably had, at the most, five decent games in the years hes been here, and out of them, possibly one good one? He is a lovely, honest, loyal man, but caused more problems on the pitch than he solved.
Good luck and goodbye Lucas
:grinning:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 pm

It looks increasingly more likely that Lucas will leave the club ,so I thought it was a fitting time to show just exactly why the travelling fans love him  :D

:bowdown  :bowdown
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 pm

And this is why I personally love him. Not a fan of youtube compilations but this is an exception for me. Must've seen it a 100 times over the years.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 pm wrote:Lucas couldnt beat an egg, never mind the world. He is, at best, average, and at worst absolute dogsh'ite. Hes probably had, at the most, five decent games in the years hes been here, and out of them, possibly one good one? He is a lovely, honest, loyal man, but caused more problems on the pitch than he solved.
Good luck and goodbye Lucas
:grinning:

I'm afraid I don't agree with that point of view at all, Lucas is a good player and by far the best DM at the club, he's a very under rated passer too, he's far better at taking the ball off the back 4 and getting us going than the likes of Hendo or Milner.
Lucas's problem is that he's a bit injury prone (and it can take him a little while to get back up to speed again) but when he's fully fit he's a fine player, as he proved last year at the Bernebeu.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 am

He had a really good run with us few years back with amazing performances against i think it was man citeh.
I think he started off poor but did get a lot better later on. Shame about his injuries.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:10 am

The Lucas stories coming thick and fast this morning, supposedly both Juventus and Inter Milan interested in him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:15 pm

C-R » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:10 am wrote:The Lucas stories coming thick and fast this morning, supposedly both Juventus and Inter Milan interested in him

If Lucas leaves that will leave Skrtel as the last of the Benitez era signings.
Those 3 or 4 years between 2005 and 2009 really were something special, 2 CL finals and another semi final in the space of 4 years was unbelievable consistency, plus when you consider the teams we knocked out of Europe back then - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Bayer Leverkusen, Marseille, PSV etc - that record looks even more impressive.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

I think that is what BR wants to be fair Yakka. Strangely I think players who have won things with other managers here  threatens him

Lucas is more useful than Allen and has more respect around the club and more of a leader so why Lucas finds himself in the cold ill never know.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion