LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:42 am wrote:
Reg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:00 am wrote:+1

I cant think of any reason to even keep Allen, never mind sell him. The club's had more than enough time to see he's not good enough.

Favouritism

To be fair all managers have their favourite's, Lucas himself was a favourite of Rafa's at a time when a lot of people didn't rate him.

Rafa had to favour him, it was his signing. Plus no better way for Lucas to have learnt his trade alongside SG, XA, JM.
This is why he is simply better than Joe Allen and has more experience at a time when the first team is lacking experience.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:07 pm

JC_81 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:It's true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder.

Lucas was often public enemy number one on here when he had a run in the team. Despite some efficient performances he often frustrated by giving away cheap free kicks in bad positions and he has never offered anything in an attacking sense. His best spell was under Kenny and in between bad injuries, but even then it could be argued he stood out because the rest of the team was so poor that season.

Lucas is a solid premier league player who wouldn't get anywhere near a start for City, United, Chelsea or even Arsenal who are crying out for a tackling midfielder.  But it seems that since we haven't seen him in the first team for a while, some only remember his good qualities and not the frustrating ones.

I have no problem keeping him as a squad player but let's not go overboard on how important (or not) he is to this team.

I agree. But there seems to be a comparison of Lucas to Joe Allen. And if anyone of those plays should be given the axe, then I'd opt for the latter IMO.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Most fans started to really acknowledge just how vital Lucas was to the team when he sparked a mini revival when reintroduced last season ,suddenly all these fans who resented his time in the team realised just how his involvement in our midfield afforded us more cohesion and protection for the back four.

Suddenly our attacking midfielders had less onus on them ,and they could concentrate on pushing forward ....Yet there still exists a small minority who believe we possess someone in our squad with the same capabilities ,and a player capable of turning an alarming slide down the table into a resurgence of sorts....I mean as far as I'm aware the only dolt who apparently doesn't realise this ,is the blurt who realised he had to throw him in to save his skin, oh and a few on this forum who completely ignore their capacity for rational  thought.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 am

JC_81 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:It's true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder.

Lucas was often public enemy number one on here when he had a run in the team. Despite some efficient performances he often frustrated by giving away cheap free kicks in bad positions and he has never offered anything in an attacking sense. His best spell was under Kenny and in between bad injuries, but even then it could be argued he stood out because the rest of the team was so poor that season.

Lucas is a solid premier league player who wouldn't get anywhere near a start for City, United, Chelsea or even Arsenal who are crying out for a tackling midfielder.  But it seems that since we haven't seen him in the first team for a while, some only remember his good qualities and not the frustrating ones.

I have no problem keeping him as a squad player but let's not go overboard on how important (or not) he is to this team.

Good post.
I have always thought we could improve on lucas but we didn't and that is why I'd like to see him stay. Last season he showed how reliable he is and for the little fee we would get for him we would be better off keeping him. We have very few reliable anchors remaining to weather a poor storm.  :nod

Have read a few articles claiming rodgers doesn't want to play with a DM so maybe that is behind the omission from the squad last week. Fair enough its only one week and we have a big squad but I think the message the player was given was that its time to look for another club.
Yet another example of the club taking a dump on a player imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Lucas in talks with Besiktas....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... er-9894503

Besiktas have made an approach to sign Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Turkish outfit are hoping the Reds will agree to sanction a season-long loan deal for the experienced Brazil international.

Lucas’ future has been the subject of speculation after he was left out of the squad by boss Brendan Rodgers for the opening two Premier League games against Stoke and Bournemouth. The 28-year-old has two years to run on his contract.

Besiktas transfer committee head Erdal Torunogulları said: “Lucas is a player on our shortlist, talks are ongoing.”

The Black Eagles are in the market for a midfielder following injuries to Toglay Arslan and Veli Kavlak.

Besiktas board member Erol Kaynar added: “A loan deal is likely, it could go ahead within the next two days.”

Lucas is currently Liverpool’s longest serving player but Reds’ boss Brendan Rodgers has suggested he sees Emre Can’s future very much as a controlling midfielder, something which could convince the Brazilian his future lies away from Anfield.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Not another fecking loan. Cash in or keep, I don't see the point in paying part of his wage and letting him run down his contract somewhere else...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Clubs will pay good money in cash for the best players so despite Lucas being an an Anfield favourite hes hardly flush with suitors, and lets be frank Turkey is a retirement package for most footballers with careers in the top European leagues behind them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:41 am

Is he still here??
???
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:03 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

A loan deal  :laugh:
Don't know why they cannot sell him and put an end to this nonsense of loaning them while we pay a chunk of his wage only for him to leave next year for nothing.  :help
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Liverpool have rejected the loan move for Lucas ,and he's set to be recalled to the squad for Mondays game against the Goonerz

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/lucas-leiva-set-recalled-liverpool-9910564

Common sense prevails
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Had a feeling he might be recalled but I still don't think its going to change his situation even if he has a belter tomorrow night. As soon as the runner is fit again he will be back where he was.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm wrote:Had a feeling he might be recalled but I still don't think its going to change his situation even if he has a belter tomorrow night. As soon as the runner is fit again he will be back where he was.

Sadly, that will no doubt be the case .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Lucas is obviously not wanted by our manager and will probably be gone before the transfer window shuts, I've already made peace with that. But I hope that he is used as much as possible before he is moved on. Since Stevie G wanna B is probably going to miss the trip to the Emirates, I hope that will force Brendan's hand and start with Lucas, we'll really need him to provide some control in our midfield against the gunners. Unfortunately, I think the best he'll get is a seat on the bench.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:20 pm

By the sounds of it Can is favourite to replace Hendo so Lucas will probably have to settle for a place on the bench.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion