LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:39 pm

I was delighted with the form Allen showed us when we first signed him ,and then after a few games he was denied the time and space to pick his sweet little
passes and his stature and slight frame were targeted by opposition teams. I think at times in the middle of our pitch his confidence shrank with every game.

So whilst I'm certainly heartened to see a more confident and significantly more robust Joe Allen ,I still firmly believe if his apparent resurgence keeps a player
like Lucas out of the team then it will come at a cost ...Allen is a totally different player than Lucas ,Lucas controls that midfield with an assurance ,and he reads
the oppositions play perfectly. Allen charges around that field for Liverpool at breakneck pace harrying and jostling ,at Swansea his poise and composure were the
most definable aspects of his game he was arguably the most important component in a well drilled and measured team.

I mean lets be honest (if we can ) the primary reason for the reds clawing their way back up the table was the composure Lucas brought to the team ,don't get
me wrong with the protection provided to play his natural measured  passing game Allen could become integral to our team , but for now Lucas is a player
that's completely indispensable in a position (lest we forget ) that proved practically unforgiving for some.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:14 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:I was delighted with the form Allen showed us when we first signed him ,and then after a few games he was denied the time and space to pick his sweet little
passes and his stature and slight frame were targeted by opposition teams. I think at times in the middle of our pitch his confidence shrank with every game.

So whilst I'm certainly heartened to see a more confident and significantly more robust Joe Allen ,I still firmly believe if his apparent resurgence keeps a player
like Lucas out of the team then it will come at a cost ...Allen is a totally different player than Lucas ,Lucas controls that midfield with an assurance ,and he reads
the oppositions play perfectly. Allen charges around that field for Liverpool at breakneck pace harrying and jostling ,at Swansea his poise and composure were the
most definable aspects of his game he was arguably the most important component in a well drilled and measured team.

I mean lets be honest (if we can ) the primary reason for the reds clawing their way back up the table was the composure Lucas brought to the team ,don't get
me wrong with the protection provided to play his natural measured  passing game Allen could become integral to our team , but for now Lucas is a player
that's completely indispensable in a position (lest we forget ) that proved practically unforgiving for some.

Lucas insertion to the MF indeed stabilized our defense but at the same time would claim that the removal of Stevie played no smaller part ,FACT is that ever since Lucas injury we haven't lost a beat and in fact we are even better. Allen is one of our top performers as of late no football sense in getting Lucas back. Personally I think Allen skill set is superior to Lucas.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:49 am

only me » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:14 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:I was delighted with the form Allen showed us when we first signed him ,and then after a few games he was denied the time and space to pick his sweet little

Lucas insertion to the MF indeed stabilized our defense but at the same time would claim that the removal of Stevie played no smaller part ,FACT is that ever since Lucas injury we haven't lost a beat and in fact we are even better. Allen is one of our top performers as of late no football sense in getting Lucas back. Personally I think Allen skill set is superior to Lucas.

I gave up on you giving Lucas any credit long ago fella ,there is more chance of Danielle Lloyd having her flaps sewn shut  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:53 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:49 am wrote:
only me » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:14 am wrote:

I gave up on you giving Lucas any credit long ago fella ,there is more chance of Danielle Lloyd having her flaps sewn shut  :D

To be honest you are 100% correct :grinning:  I don't rate Lucas and can't see him as a long term solution but ,I truely believe Allen is a much better player then him and especially when he is in top form ,so sorry mate bringing Lucas back into the team makes no football sense to me.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:53 am

Paul Joyce is reporting this morning that there was a big bust up between Lucas and the managment team and did not even travel to the Stoke match, he also goes as far as to say that Lucas will leave the club

Very interesting this, especially with Allen out injured for 4 weeks, we may see a new DM before close of window ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 am

C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:53 am wrote:Paul Joyce is reporting this morning that there was a big bust up between Lucas and the managment team and did not even travel to the Stoke match, he also goes as far as to say that Lucas will leave the club

Very interesting this, especially with Allen out injured for 4 weeks, we may see a new DM before close of window ?

Wow, considering Lucas probably saved Brendan's job last season he's got a funny way of repaying him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:15 am

I'd rather keep Lucas and sell Allen but thats not going to happen. Either way, if we lose one of the 2 and bring in a DM who will start it'll be a huge step in the right direction.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:42 am

aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:15 am wrote:I'd rather keep Lucas and sell Allen but thats not going to happen. Either way, if we lose one of the 2 and bring in a DM who will start it'll be a huge step in the right direction.

Can't see that happening mate, we've already spent a good few bob this summer so I think expecting the club to fork out another £10m-£20m on a starting DM is a bit of a stretch, besides even if Lucas goes it's not as if he is leaving us short of numbers, we still have the likes of Hendo, Milner, Can and Allen plus a couple of highly rated youngsters in Chivrella and Rossiter who could step up to the plate and fill Lucas's back up role within the squad if needed.
I would be sad to see Lucas go though, he's been here for a long time and at 28 he is right in his prime.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Thats 4 first team players for 3 spots. And Allen is injured for another month. Given the amount of games we are expected to play I'd say we will be left short if Lucas does indeed leave.

And to be honest, that list is a bit depressing. Henderson is the pick of the bunch for me but between them, they lack creativity, passing range, and the ability to control/dictate a game of football against most opposition. In terms of what they do offer, for all 4 its a combination of work rate and a bit of aggression in the middle of the park.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Lucas reads the game and controls it better than any midfielder we currently have ,I'm afraid if he is allowed to leave it simply confirms  the current manager has learnt nothing from last season betwixt our capitulation without Lucas ,to our revival with his inclusion.

As for the alleged fallout ,Lucas is one of the most humble ,patient and most likeable players we have at the club ,if he's fell out with the management  then he wont be the last !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:34 pm

The problem is........that we bought milner. And he is made the assistant captain.  And from what is reported he was promised the central midfield role (a carrot dangled in front of him to sign with us)

So ..... hendo and milner are gonna play every game possible (most league games I presume). They won't be substituted as apparently if you are the captain and assistant captain, you won't be pulled off.

And add allen to the mix and you can understand why lucas is being made expendable at this moment.

It will be a mistake to get rid of Lucas. We need him in those tough away games.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm wrote:As for the alleged fallout ,Lucas is one of the most humble ,patient and most likeable players we have at the club ,if he's fell out with the management  then he wont be the last !

Hi RBG, it was Paul Joyce in the Express that made the comments about the fallout, since the publication the "rumor" on social networking is that it was because he didn't get the vice captaincy - this seems not quite right to me, like you said Lucas is one of the most humble and decent players around
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I think none of the managers have truly appreciated Lucas's talent in the DM role other than Rafa. Hodgson and Kenny both benched Lucas until they realized that LFC play better when he mans the ship. Rodgers should also be able to see this given the performances under his watch. Even yesterday, our game improved a lot more after Can came on in Lucas's DM position. I'm not sure how things will work out against the better teams.

Honestly, if Brendan wasn't LFC manager, I wouldn't think twice before calling him pig-headed. Losing Lucas will be a loss, absolutely no doubt in my mind. And then there's the confusing persistence with Lovren over Sakho. There hasn't been a bigger ego in the game since Mourinho and SAF than our own Brendan. Rafa had his quirks too (for instance, his persisting with Lucas, which at that time, puzzled all of us). But Rafa was actually brilliant, but still came across as someone who didn't decide his teams on the basis of fall-outs and such.
kartiek

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:15 pm

C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:35 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm wrote:As for the alleged fallout ,Lucas is one of the most humble ,patient and most likeable players we have at the club ,if he's fell out with the management  then he wont be the last !

Hi RBG, it was Paul Joyce in the Express that made the comments about the fallout, since the publication the "rumor" on social networking is that it was because he didn't get the vice captaincy - this seems not quite right to me, like you said Lucas is one of the most humble and decent players around

One things for sure it wont be Lucas who brought it to the attention of the media ,it seems these apparent fallouts are occurring far too regularly for my liking Carroll, Agger ,Sakho,Balotelli,Sterling  and now Lucas ,next up Markovic and Ilori ...Is it a coincidence he never seems to have bust ups with players he's had a hand in bringing to the club. It seems to me its a convenient vehicle to attempt to discredit them with fans and eventually push them out of the club.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:38 pm

I see he played in that friendly today against TNS so hopefully those reports of a bust up were wrong.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion