LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:I see he played in that friendly today against TNS so hopefully those reports of a bust up were wrong.

Did you see the face on him during the game though ???

See the video here.... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x314cia
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 pm

It is in the Liverpool Echo now too.... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/li ... rs-9830423

Liverpool FC willing to listen to offers for Lucas

Liverpool are willing to listen to offers for long-serving midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Brazil international’s future is shrouded in doubt after he was omitted from the squad for Sunday’s Premier League win at Stoke City.

Lucas was left crestfallen by the snub and is now considering his options with a possible move to Italy back on the agenda.

The 28-year-old has two years remaining on his current contract and is valued by the Reds at around £8million.

Inter Milan wanted Lucas back in January and the player was keen on making the switch to the San Siro. However, at the time Lucas had re-established himself in the Liverpool side and Rodgers was adamant he wasn’t for sale.

That is no longer the case with the Reds prepared to sell if Lucas pushes for a transfer and the right offer arrives prior to the transfer deadline on September 1.

If he decides to stay put and fight for a place Lucas will be given the opportunity to force his way back into Rodgers’ plans. It remains to be seen whether Inter boss Roberto Mancini will re-ignite his interest.

The manager opted to play captain Jordan Henderson as Liverpool’s deepest lying midfielder against Stoke with James Milner and Philippe Coutinho operating ahead of him.

Rodgers then brought on Emre Can in the second half with the young German providing protection for the back four, enabling Henderson to push further forward.

Can, who was short of match fitness following his late return for pre-season due to his international commitments, has been earmarked to flourish in that role this season and that means Lucas’ game time could be limited.

Joe Allen can also play there but the Wales international is facing up to a month on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

Unlike Lazar Markovic and Mamadou Sakho, who also didn’t make Brendan Rodgers’ matchday 18, Lucas didn’t travel to the Britannia Stadium and remained on Merseyside.

Lucas was back at Melwood on Monday to play in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Welsh outfit TNS alongside the likes of Roberto Firmino, Danny Ings, Markovic, Emre Can, Alberto Moreno, Sakho and Divock Origi.

This is Lucas’ ninth season at Anfield and he has made 275 appearances since his arrival from Gremio for £5million in the summer of 2007.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't blame the lad ,Lucas has been omitted from the team before and has remained patient and loyal awaiting his opportunity ,but this latest snub from Captain anal has obviously been one too many, and he now sees his future lies elsewhere.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 pm

The club are easing him out the door, management tactic anywhere freezing him out of the action making him feel invisible.

Been a good servant but just to make a point about how few free kicks in dangerous areas where conceded at Stoke yesterday, with Lucas in I would bet he would have made half dozen fouls for shots at goal or in red zones against a team like them.

Change will do him good.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Wow, he has been here for eight years. I wish him well!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:24 am

Thanks Lucas. Dont slam the door on the way out...
:grinning:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:10 am

I think it would be a mistake to sell him myself, it's not as if Henderson and Milner look anything special.
He's actually 2 years younger than Milner as well.
I think Rodgers decision making is going to fv.ck tbh, he's changed his back room staff, surrounded himself with a leadership group of Hendo and Milner and seems to be putting a lot of faith in the likes of Lallana and Lovren.
I think Rodgers Achilles heel is that he likes players who talk a good game as opposed to playing a good game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 pm

im no fan of Lucas but selling him now with no replacement lined up is ridiculous, especially when your other central midfield options are Henderson, Allen and Milner! Rodgers decisions get more and more baffling by the day, players like Sakho, Lucas, Ballotelli who have actual quality have been bombed out whilst the likes of Allen, Lovren and Mignolet seem to get endless opportunity's no matter how consistently awful they are.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:10 pm wrote:I think it would be a mistake to sell him myself, it's not as if Henderson and Milner look anything special.
I think Rodgers decision making is going to fv.ck tbh, he's changed his back room staff, surrounded himself with a leadership group of Hendo and Milner and seems to be putting a lot of faith in the likes of Lallana and Lovren.
I think Rodgers Achilles heel is that he likes players who talk a good game as opposed to playing a good game.

I agree with all of that. If selling him means bringing in a better DM (and there are quite a few out there who could be tempted; Song, Illaramendi, W.Carvalho ) then I'm all for it. If not, then we absolutely need to keep him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:04 pm

aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:10 pm wrote:I think it would be a mistake to sell him myself, it's not as if Henderson and Milner look anything special.

I agree with all of that. If selling him means bringing in a better DM (and there are quite a few out there who could be tempted; Song, Illaramendi, W.Carvalho ) then I'm all for it. If not, then we absolutely need to keep him.

your absolutely right here, we could easily upgrade on Lucas, the problem is that we wont! Rodgers actully thinks that a midfield of Hendo, Milner, Can and Allen is good enough!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:11 pm

We won't be replacing lucas if he goes  :no

There is a few other stories floating about that bids would also be considered for sakho and moreno.  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:54 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:11 pm wrote:We won't be replacing lucas if he goes  :no

There is a few other stories floating about that bids would also be considered for sakho and moreno.  :eyebrow

Buckle up fella ,Willy Wonka's  driving

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 pm

It's like he wants to get sacked.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:10 am

You guys are on the fast track to nervous breakdowns...

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:46 am

:laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion