Lucas. could it just be.... - That we've found ourselves another gem.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:27 am

the dreaded could it just be thread...

but yes, the guy looks good. i wont class or awesome yet, but considerig his age, where hes come from and the barriers hes had to jump, he looks good. hes fittnig ni well, and rafa is easing him in nicely. can see him being a major stalwart for the club in the next season or two.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:51 am

I've seen the lad play a few times on the LFC channel, one game in particular was against the Manure reserves, and I think he played quite well for a non-event game....
One thing worries me about Rafa's insistence on bringing new lads over from South America....assuming they all bed in and establish themselves in the first team...what happens then when the Copa America comes around ?? We're FUBAR'ed, that's what.....just occurred to me...
Right now, we're talking about Insua, Lucas, Mascherano, and probably one or two more...but it's early...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am

Copa America takes place in the summer, its not like the African Nations
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:01 pm

well you're hardly going to be the captain of the brazil under 20's if you're not a very good player. from what i've seen of the kid he looks like an excellent acquisition. nothing majorly flash but does all the basics well, looks really comfortable on the ball and doesn't give it away.

when he signed i think most had him down as starting the odd carling cup game and making a few sub appearances. i wouldn't be surprised or worried at all if he started next week against bolton to be honest.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:21 pm

I commented about Lucas on another thread in that I expected him to have had a harder time (physically) on Sat up against the likes of Smith, Emre and Barton. Maybe I didnt do him justice and it was the fact he played so well that we hardly saw any of Newcastles CM's get a sniff on Sat.

He didn't shirk a tackle and, as someone rightly said, carried a pretty poor Momo all game.

Very impressed as I was a little a worried when I saw the line up at the start of the game.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 pm

stmichael wrote:well you're hardly going to be the captain of the brazil under 20's if you're not a very good player. from what i've seen of the kid he looks like an excellent acquisition. nothing majorly flash but does all the basics well, looks really comfortable on the ball and doesn't give it away.

when he signed i think most had him down as starting the odd carling cup game and making a few sub appearances. i wouldn't be surprised or worried at all if he started next week against bolton to be honest.

Me neither. I cant see him making the CL game on Wednesday but think he'll play vs Bolton next week.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 pm

for 6m I'd expect him to be able to play, since when is that much money spent on a player for carling cup and a few fringe appearances? ???

Funny how people are saying Momo should be sold, I remember people saying he was going to be better than Viera - one man of the match performance and you'll be saying he should be captain.

Too early for me to me to have a strong view either way on him. I don't believe Brazilians call him the brazilian Gerard.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:23 pm

Big Niall wrote:Funny how people are saying Momo should be sold, I remember people saying he was going to be better than Viera

in all fairness that was complete nonsense.

sissoko now strikes me as a player who can still do a job for specific games (mainly away from home against top opposition), but will be nowhere near the first eleven when everyone is fit.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Sell 'im (Momo) ! He's a liability....can't complete a pass; can't hold the ball up....Don't sell him to a Premiership player 'cos I reckon he has the kind of attitude where he'd break a LFC midfielder's leg either by accident or - out of spite - on purpose....
I don't rate Sissoko at all
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:08 pm

stmichael wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Funny how people are saying Momo should be sold, I remember people saying he was going to be better than Viera

in all fairness that was complete nonsense.

sissoko now strikes me as a player who can still do a job for specific games (mainly away from home against top opposition), but will be nowhere near the first eleven when everyone is fit.

I agree .

I just think it funny how people go to different extremes quickly.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:19 pm

bavlondon wrote:Well the fact we paid 6mil for him said to me right away that hes not some fringe player who will play in the reserves.

Im not sure what the award is called but didnt he win some award last year in Brazil. I think the same award was previously won by Ronaldinho, Kaka and Romario so the lad must have some pedegree.

The only thing is by next season I can see us losing one of our CM's to accomodate him, which at first sounds :censored: but if it betters the team then so be it. I have a feeling it will be Momo. Desite being able to break up play he cant pass to save his life. Lucas carried him on the weekend. But now we have Mascherano who can not only break up play but also dictate play aswell so.....

All in all some interesting times ahead for young Lucas.

it was 8 million , he's gotta be a great player , he was the under 21 captain for brazil and that tells u something. he keeps the ball well , btr then momo and he gets right in challenges , like in the derby , 8 million and definetly a star for the future , if he continues to put in some great performances . Credit to rafa and the scouts for finding a young future prospect
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:22 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Sell 'im (Momo) ! He's a liability....can't complete a pass; can't hold the ball up....Don't sell him to a Premiership player 'cos I reckon he has the kind of attitude where he'd break a LFC midfielder's leg either by accident or - out of spite - on purpose....
I don't rate Sissoko at all

thats a bit harsh if u ask me , he puts some sloppy passes but he tries hard for LFC and the manger still rates him , thats why he he stills plays him , i reckon give him a few more gmaes or till jan to prove his worth , if rafa is still here , then i tink he will be sold
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:24 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
stmichael wrote:well you're hardly going to be the captain of the brazil under 20's if you're not a very good player. from what i've seen of the kid he looks like an excellent acquisition. nothing majorly flash but does all the basics well, looks really comfortable on the ball and doesn't give it away.

Me neither. I cant see him making the CL game on Wednesday but think he'll play vs Bolton next week.

that shud be true , being a very big - must win and important game for us . i tink rafa will play him games against less capable clubs who are struggling , like bolton , to get his confidence and give him a feel of the english game .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 pm

Nothing like playing Bolton to get "a feel" of the English league?

To be fair, Brazilian league football can be fairly savage too so he should be well able for Bolton.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Big Niall wrote:Nothing like playing Bolton to get "a feel" of the English league?

To be fair, Brazilian league football can be fairly savage too so he should be well able for Bolton.

haha , yea i guess so , this are games where the subs and reserves shud get a chance to play but no doubt we have to get the 3 points here
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion