Lucas levia - When does he come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:48 am

I notice Lucas hasn't been given a squad number yet! I hope they get his passport sorted out quickly (if they havn't already). Any other names missing from the list?
account deleted by request

Postby babu » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 pm

s@int wrote:I notice Lucas hasn't been given a squad number yet! I hope they get his passport sorted out quickly (if they havn't already). Any other names missing from the list?

to be honest s@int, i don't recognise half those names.  :down:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:51 am

babu wrote:
s@int wrote:I notice Lucas hasn't been given a squad number yet! I hope they get his passport sorted out quickly (if they havn't already). Any other names missing from the list?

to be honest s@int, i don't recognise half those names.  :down:

Part time supporter  :p  :D

ALT #86  :oh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:30 am

from .tv

RAFA HAILS NEW LEIVA-POOL ARRIVAL

Rafael Benitez believes Liverpool have acquired one of world football's best young talents in Brazil under-20 captain Lucas Leiva. 
The Reds boss is delighted to finally be working with the highly-rated Leiva, who this week joined up with the squad for the first time following his summer move from Gremio.

A combative box-to-box style midfielder, Leiva's signature was coveted by a host of top clubs and Benitez is backing him him to play a starring role in Liverpool's future.

The manager said: "Lucas is a young player with great experience because he has played at international level for Brazil many times. We have known about him for a long time and had to move quickly to sign him because many top clubs were interested.

"He will need to improve his English but other than that he's settled down quickly. I was away in Switzerland for the first ten days he was at the club but all the reports I received were good and he's done well in training over here.

"Lucas is not a typical Brazilian player but he's a clever player who wants the ball all the time, which is important. He will need time but I think we've signed a really excellent prospect.

"He's a player with character who works hard, can play in the holding midfield role and also get in the box to score goals. His mentality is a winning one and that's what we want here; a team of winners.

"He's one for the future but also one for this year. I've explained that he'll face tough competition for his place but that is good for us. If you want to win trophies, and by that I mean more than one a season, you have to have a bigger squad."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 am

i thought he was out with them in china now? there was also reports that he picked up an injury during the under20's world cup
Rimetto_

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 am

Rimetto_ wrote:i thought he was out with them in china now? there was also reports that he picked up an injury during the under20's world cup

i think he is, but wont be able to play as he has got international clearance
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:17 am

Redman in wales wrote:
Rimetto_ wrote:i thought he was out with them in china now? there was also reports that he picked up an injury during the under20's world cup

... you're right about his awaiting for international clearance and is unlikely to play.
Thought it was reported he joined the group as early as since last sat in HK.

Anyway .tv just gave word that Torres and Babel were all declared available for selection.
Gerard is ok too to play and that's gonna be an interesting final.

:buttrock
lio

Postby Rimetto_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:27 am

lio wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

... you're right about his awaiting for international clearance and is unlikely to play.
Thought it was reported he joined the group as early as since last sat in HK.

Anyway .tv just gave word that Torres and Babel were all declared available for selection.
Gerard is ok too to play and that's gonna be an interesting final.

:buttrock

look forward to seeing who starts and how we look against premiership oposition, this is our first real test

portsmouth are a decent side and will want to put down a marker against us, hope we don't get any injuries
Rimetto_

Postby lio » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:12 pm

BREAKING NEWS ! :buttrock

Just out from HK mins ago ...
(Jul 26 2007 by Chris Bascombe in Hong Kong, Liverpool Echo)

" He was unveiled in Hong Kong today ahead of a possible debut against Portsmouth in the Asia Cup final tomorrow.
Manager Rafa Benitez said a host of Premiership and European clubs were anxious to sign the midfielder, who he believes will add to the competition for central midfield places."

Hope to see him in action tomorrow in the 2nd half and that hopefully will push our entire midfielders to move up to the next level.
lio

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion