Is it just me who doesnt want lucas neill?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby curly_whirly » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:09 pm

I totally agree with the transfer window, what rubbish, and how many players have been bought in this time and have turned out to be :censored:, or have taken the rest of the season to fit in (likes of agger as an example, also morri).

The topic about Neil, I'm also in the boat of not keen on him coming...however i was reserved when finnan came but look how good he has become.

The only positive i can see if neil does come is that he will give cover for finnan and push in that lil harder to keep his place, however if neil does get into the starting 11, he will be like finnan as in consistant. He is a always a consistant player i feel.

He won't want to to just sit there on the bench, so i feel he will only sign a 1 year contract, 2 at most which means that rafa will def be looking for some in the summer, no doubt about it!
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:11 pm

I've got a sneaking suspicion that, should Neill sign, he'll play left-back more than right.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:14 pm

If that's true might wake up the likes of Riise and Fabio to start bucking up their ideas which won't do any harm for our team.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby curly_whirly » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I've got a sneaking suspicion that, should Neill sign, he'll play left-back more than right.

At least that Brazilian player won't be playing if he does! That will be one good thing!
- Curls -

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:26 pm

curly_whirly wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I've got a sneaking suspicion that, should Neill sign, he'll play left-back more than right.

At least that Brazilian player won't be playing if he does! That will be one good thing!

I take it you're referring to Aurelio?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby curly_whirly » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
curly_whirly wrote:

well we only have one brazilian player don't we?

(i don't like him that much if you can't tell so i can't be bothered to learn how to spell his name!)
- Curls -

curly_whirly

Postby redmikey » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:30 pm

leighton bains and alvez for me , neil is a decent player but not a great player

i will be happier if he dose come in at LB lando cause we are weak there but it isn't helped by the lack of kewel
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:34 pm

curly_whirly wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
curly_whirly wrote:

(i don't like him that much if you can't tell so i can't be bothered to learn how to spell his name!)

we haven't seen him play enough not to LIKE him imo mate

we can say he has found it hard to deal with the defensive side but he was very attacking in his last role

hard to settle with new club and learn a new culture lets see if rafa rates him and keeps him next season
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby curly_whirly » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:00 pm

redmikey wrote:
curly_whirly wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
curly_whirly wrote:

we haven't seen him play enough not to LIKE him imo mate

we can say he has found it hard to deal with the defensive side but he was very attacking in his last role

hard to settle with new club and learn a new culture lets see if rafa rates him and keeps him next season

From what i've seen of him so far this season, and granted not many, i've not liked what i've seen. A long ball kicker who gives it away...not bad crosses though, however, not been impressed! So if neil does come in then at least he won't be playing :)
- Curls -

curly_whirly

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 pm

We need someone with Hyypias attributes and qualities...full stop!

Mainly someone with his aerial ability that is superior to forwards in the air....If we dont fill this void we will leak goals in this area!

Yes some will say Agger has played alongside Carra and we've been just fine...true!Im not saying will will leak goals in every game we dont play Hyypia...but over a season without him we will conceed more goals without his aerial domination when he finally hangs his boots up..

We dont really need a Lucas Neill,im not saying he's a bad player...far from it but he is not gonna be a long term replacement for Hyypia!

Also in a year or 2 Agger will be a better player than Neill...thats if hes not already!
66-1120597113

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:24 pm

i aint really seen that much of aurelio really because of injurey and that i think if liverpool give im the chacne i reckon he will shine :)

Scouse_legend

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:29 pm

id like to see Aurelio have a decent run in the squad to see what he's really all about...
CarlosRocks

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:31 pm

init the lad aint ad his full chance yet Rafa will give riise a rest and play the lad :p  :D  :)  :laugh:

Scouse_legend

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 pm

hopefully
CarlosRocks

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 pm

if he gets rid of im that will just be stupid Rafa might well as not bought im lol

Scouse_legend

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion