LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:23 am

-------------------------Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Agger  Dossena

Kuyt    Gerrard  Alonso   Rieira
                               Benayoun
                                  Keane

Its going to be tough breaking these pie eaters down, an early goal would be good. Still I'm pretty confident without Torres we'll take three points.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:09 am

.                       Reina
.Arbeloa   Carragher    Agger    Dossena

.Benayoun   Gerrard    Alonso   Riera

.                         Keane
.                 Kuyt

2-0

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:00 pm

I think if we can somehow contain Zaki and Valencia then it shouldnt be so hard getting a goal or two in to win it with no problems... before the season started i said zaki could very well become the signing of the season and hes done absolutely brilliantly in every game hes played for them... u cant afford to give the uy any space cause he'll take a shot from anywhere near the box and more often than not he'll test the keeper... valencia with his crossing is another threat and dossena given the way he's played in recent times will ave to up his game to contain him if hes played ahead of aurelio...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:29 pm

I know we all want Agger to get match fit and his sharpness back, I just wonder if this is the game to be bringing him back. Hyypia has always played Heskey well, and with the CL match to come when the result won't have quite the same importance, I wonder if Rafa might save Agger's return for that game?

I wouldn't have a problem with either Agger or Hyypia to be honest.
account deleted by request

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 pm

s@int wrote:I know we all want Agger to get match fit and his sharpness back, I just wonder if this is the game to be bringing him back. Hyypia has always played Heskey well, and with the CL match to come when the result won't have quite the same importance, I wonder if Rafa might save Agger's return for that game?

I wouldn't have a problem with either Agger or Hyypia to be honest.

Good point S@int me old China.

Hyypia would be good, but he did play 90mins for Finland and knowing Rafa he'd be concerned about his fitness. Although I'm sure he'd be able to give 100% against Wigan.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Degen, Skrtel, Babel and Torres all injured plus Mascherano and Lucas only arrived back on Merseyside on Friday so they may not start. I would go with the following:

Reina

Arbeloa   Carragher   Hyypia   Aurelio

Kuyt        Gerrard     Alonso    Riera

Keane      Ngog

Subs

El Zhar
Benayoun
Pennant
Mascherano
Dossena
Agger
Cavalieri

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:06 pm

The only thing that could cause us problems in the future, is the loss of key players. I know most teams would struggle without their key men. But take Chelsea for example, I think they've been hit pretty hard by injuries (I maybe wrong) but they've carried on plodding along winning matches. I just hope we can do the same thing, although the lads did pull it off against the Mancs without Torres and Gerrard. But if both of them were out for long periods I think it would effect us more than say the likes of Man.U and Chelsea. They seem a little stronger in terms of quality in their squad, and yes thats where our money issues come into play IMO. But hopefully and  heaven forbid of course we did have an injury crisis the rest of the lads can pull through, and they'll need to if we have any ambitions to sustain a real title challenge.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Degen, Skrtel, Babel and Torres all injured plus Mascherano and Lucas only arrived back on Merseyside on Friday so they may not start. I would go with the following:

Reina

Arbeloa   Carragher   Hyypia   Aurelio

Kuyt        Gerrard     Alonso    Riera

Keane      Ngog

Subs

El Zhar
Benayoun
Pennant
Mascherano
Dossena
Agger
Cavalieri

I wouldnt go with Aurelio or N'gog. Aurelio for me doesnt show the quality or pace like Dossena does to bomb down the flanks. Although he looks equally shakey at the back I think the Italian will off us more width and help stretch and tight Wigan defence. I just hope he can put the ball in the box though rather the row Z. Aurelio doesnt do much for me out on the left, personally I dont rate him, he had a poor game against Citeh too.

N'Gog showed he was out of his depth at this stage of his career when he came on for Torres against Villa. He maybe an option as a sub but I wouldnt start with him the burden is too much for his shoulders as shown against the Villians.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Bam wrote:The only thing that could cause us problems in the future, is the loss of key players. I know most teams would struggle without their key men. But take Chelsea for example, I think they've been hit pretty hard by injuries (I maybe wrong) but they've carried on plodding along winning matches. I just hope we can do the same thing, although the lads did pull it off against the Mancs without Torres and Gerrard. But if both of them were out for long periods I think it would effect us more than say the likes of Man.U and Chelsea. They seem a little stronger in terms of quality in their squad, and yes thats where our money issues come into play IMO. But hopefully and  heaven forbid of course we did have an injury crisis the rest of the lads can pull through, and they'll need to if we have any ambitions to sustain a real title challenge.

I think the injuries could give a few players the chance to really make their mark and cement their place in the team. Keane may actually feel a little more freedom without Torres dominating the forward line, and will hopefully take on more responsibility for scoring goals. While the prolific Kuyt may take the opportunity to add to his haul.

Then again maybe we should just hope Gerrard has a good day.

:D

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Against Chelsea I think we'll need Mascha back in the team, my Mum said so. But like most women my Mum likes Alonso and thinks he's a good player and I think she thinks he's a bit of alright. :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Bam wrote:Against Chelsea I think we'll need Mascha back in the team, my Mum said so. But like most women my Mum likes Alonso and thinks he's a good player and I think she thinks he's a bit of alright. :D

:laugh:
I think theres a few on here agree with your mum Bam ..... especially about Alonso being a bit of alright   :;):

Postby Bam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:34 pm

s@int wrote:
Bam wrote:Against Chelsea I think we'll need Mascha back in the team, my Mum said so. But like most women my Mum likes Alonso and thinks he's a good player and I think she thinks he's a bit of alright. :D

I think theres a few on here agree with your mum Bam ..... especially about Alonso being a bit of alright   :;):

:D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Bams mum for manager!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Well Chelsea sure as hell aint gonna slip up at Boro tday!! :(
I had a feeling before the game that with all Cheslseas injuries Boro may get a point....feckin no chance its 3-0 to chelsea now and will probably end up more!!

We must win today!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:05 pm

aCe' wrote:I think if we can somehow contain Zaki and Valencia then it shouldnt be so hard getting a goal or two in to win it with no problems... before the season started i said zaki could very well become the signing of the season and hes done absolutely brilliantly in every game hes played for them... u cant afford to give the uy any space cause he'll take a shot from anywhere near the box and more often than not he'll test the keeper... valencia with his crossing is another threat and dossena given the way he's played in recent times will ave to up his game to contain him if hes played ahead of aurelio...

Valencias exquiste id make him r top target 4 the right back slot
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion