LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:35 pm

Nov 4 2001

That was the last time we beat them in the league at home.

To fuckin long pay back time we should have beat them last season jammy B@stards.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:This one's all about mentality.  I said in another thread that our lads need to go into this one thinking that they're in such a rich vein of form that the Mancs will have to play an absolute blinder to take anything from the game on our patch in front of our supporters.  If they treat this as their second cup final inside a week, where drawing or losing is not an option--and that includes Rafa--I think we might just win this convincingly.

Mentality and key men.

Just like league is won with squad depth, this game will be decided with a detail. That's where Torres must show why he costs much money. Games like this are games like CHelsea. In normal circunstances a key action would have won the match, and another key factor , a made up penalty, leveled it.

I just hope our key men are spot on, the ref has a normal day, that's all I ask. Because, you know, with all the lack of cohesion, the playing like strangers, the tinkering, and the fúcking selectorial sillyness, I want the game against Manchester United. I'm very confident we'll win in spite of all that.

Come on the red men!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:58 pm

This one is all down to Rafa.  Put our best team out and we WILL beat them.  Start playing with Sissoko, Lucas, Voronin and even Babel on the wings and say goodbye to 3 points.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:03 pm

We owe these big style.

United will not come to play against us. They never have and never will because they're too sh#t scared to lose. Particularly in the last few years at Anfield they have been incredibly craven. Last years League game was the biggest smash and grab raid in the history of football.

In the FA Cup win in 2006 we physically battered their lightweight midfield, so we must do again. Torres will replicate the pace of Bellamy (who least we forget gave Vidic a torrid time), but with greater precision.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:40 pm

I think that this Sunday we will finally beat Manure in the league under Rafa.  This is a great opportunity for Rafa to show the owners and the supporters that he is right man for the job.  A win against the mancs will give the team great confidence and belief  that we can seriously challenge for the title.

I think that Rafa will  be tempted to use the same team as the one that won yesterday.  But I would like see Lucas and Crouch in this one.  But whatever the team is I am very positive that we will walk away with a win on Sunday.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby europian-kings » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:40 pm

i would like to see

reina

finnan    carragherr      hyypia    arbeloa

yossi      gerrard        mashman     kewell

torres           kuyt

subs to come on: babel, crouch, lucas

2-1 win for the red men......torres and KEWELL=]
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:15 pm

i see united are literally playing their second string tonight which means they should be rusty come sunday.

don't managers ever learn? any manager who rotates his squad like that will never win any silverware.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:Nov 4 2001

To fuckin long pay back time we should have beat them last season jammy B@stards.

Last time we beat them in any competition we won it, so here's to hoping.....................

Same XI as last night for me, had balance and our best two strikers. KUYT now has 10 goals in his last 23 games so WTF has he got to do to convince (some) people on here?!?!?!?! We were lucky in as much as the Marsians left too much space behind their CBs and that cost them the opener. Overall they were poor although we did our best to make them look good for about 20 mins after we went 2-0 up as we hit long balls and did not retain possession. Instead of constantly kicking, Reina should have fed the full backs or mids and they should have been playing through balls.

What it does though is annoy me even more, Gerrard has played NINETEEN games in a row for Liverpool so taking him off in the Reading game will annoy me forever more. We beat that lot so easily last night we could have been half drunk and beaten them, perhaps Rafa thought that of the Reading game......................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Oh and btw, Rafa's next defeat will be his 50th defeat in charge of Liverpool and he's only just past 200 games in charge.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Nov 4 2001

Last time we beat them in any competition we won it, so here's to hoping.....................

Same XI as last night for me, had balance and our best two strikers. KUYT now has 10 goals in his last 23 games so WTF has he got to do to convince (some) people on here?!?!?!?! We were lucky in as much as the Marsians left too much space behind their CBs and that cost them the opener. Overall they were poor although we did our best to make them look good for about 20 mins after we went 2-0 up as we hit long balls and did not retain possession. Instead of constantly kicking, Reina should have fed the full backs or mids and they should have been playing through balls.

What it does though is annoy me even more, Gerrard has played NINETEEN games in a row for Liverpool so taking him off in the Reading game will annoy me forever more. We beat that lot so easily last night we could have been half drunk and beaten them, perhaps Rafa thought that of the Reading game......................

I think we were trying to take advantage of the strong wind that was blowing in our favour in the first half. If you noticed in the second half we played the ball out more and used the wind to hold the ball up when we played it long.

I would play the same team again against the mancs. I don't want to say too much about Hyypia (just in case) but I think he has proved himself yet again over the last few weeks. All the cr@p about how he had "lost it". Where ever and whatever he lost, he seems to have found it again :D

I hate this game against the mancs, but I have a feeling I may enjoy this one for a change. 3 -1
account deleted by request

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Owzat wrote:Oh and btw, Rafa's next defeat will be his 50th defeat in charge of Liverpool and he's only just past 200 games in charge.

Ever the optimist  :D
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Zi-Dan Agger wrote:
Owzat wrote:Oh and btw, Rafa's next defeat will be his 50th defeat in charge of Liverpool and he's only just past 200 games in charge.

Ever the optimist  :D.

Can't hide the fact that he loses near enough 1 in 4 and 50 is a landmark, even if not a positive one. The mancs are lucky and may well beat us, if I mention it now it might stop it happening this weekend.......................

Now THAT'S optimistic/positive

S@int - Hyypia had an easy game last night, and as usual whenever he was beaten for pace he brought the man down cynically. Mars A posed little threat, apart from a couple of balls in behind the defence - one of which Benayoun did fantastically well on. Had they played even remotely well it would have been a much closer affair, they gambled with their defensive strategy and it failed very early on. If Niang's their best striker then it's no wonder they are in trouble. Hyypia was involved in a run of five straight wins, most of the teams we beat were ordinary/poor. Same again applies last night, Mars A were poor
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:58 pm

Owzat wrote:
Zi-Dan Agger wrote:

Can't hide the fact that he loses near enough 1 in 4 and 50 is a landmark, even if not a positive one. The mancs are lucky and may well beat us, if I mention it now it might stop it happening this weekend.......................

S@int - Hyypia had an easy game last night, and as usual whenever he was beaten for pace he brought the man down cynically. Mars A posed little threat, apart from a couple of balls in behind the defence - one of which Benayoun did fantastically well on. Had they played even remotely well it would have been a much closer affair, they gambled with their defensive strategy and it failed very early on. If Niang's their best striker then it's no wonder they are in trouble. Hyypia was involved in a run of five straight wins, most of the teams we beat were ordinary/poor. Same again applies last night, Mars A were poor

Doesn't Rafa have won of the highest winning percentages amongst Liverpool managers? ???

On the Hyypia thing, I find it interesting that when your stats support your particular biases you just put the numbers up as if they spoke for themselves yet when they go against your biases, you dismiss the numbers by emphasizing how poor the opposition supposedly is etc.  I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark.  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Zi-Dan Agger wrote:

Doesn't Rafa have won of the highest winning percentages amongst Liverpool managers? ???

One of the highest points per game, not that the last few have been much of opposition to his form.

Bad Bob wrote:On the Hyypia thing, I find it interesting that when your stats support your particular biases you just put the numbers up as if they spoke for themselves yet when they go against your biases, you dismiss the numbers by emphasizing how poor the opposition supposedly is etc.  I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark.  :;):

Well then you'll be able to supply some stats to back up that claim then won't you............... not! I only highlighted the weakness of the opposition in this instance because Saint claimed "All the cr@p about how he had "lost it". Where ever and whatever he lost, he seems to have found it again". Naturally that would imply a recent improvement, however he's been shaky in recent games.

Of course you're on a quest to undermine stats even when they are presented equally. But of course I guess Kuyt's last 23 games in scoring 10 goals will be against vastly different opposition to those Crouch scored 10 goals in 35 games against. The other 12 teams were probably Barcelona, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Roma.....................

Knock yourself out, either put forward stats that prove the recent opposition in those five straight wins were all world beaters (Porto, Newcastle, Fulham, Bolton and Besiktas) or belt up once and for all. We get you don't like stats and you think the sun shines out of Crouch's ar se. Normally it's mancs that don't like stats, the others are those who don't like what they show and they bleat a lot in trying to make out they're not significant.

Perhaps it's best you simply don't respond to my posts, you clearly want to disagree with a lot of things I say with a lot of hot air and without any proper substantiation.

Einstein - ............................and there you have the theory of relatitivity
Bad Bob - it's funny how your theory proves what you want it to, "I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark"
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Owzat wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Zi-Dan Agger wrote:

On the Hyypia thing, I find it interesting that when your stats support your particular biases you just put the numbers up as if they spoke for themselves yet when they go against your biases, you dismiss the numbers by emphasizing how poor the opposition supposedly is etc.  I guess you're not quite as objective as you sometimes make out with this numbers lark.  :;):

One of the highest points per game, not that the last few have been much of opposition to his form.

Explain. ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion