LIVERPOOL vs CHELSEA - CL SEMI-FINAL 2ND LEG, BABY!!!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 am

I know this is the Chelsea thread, but talk of ManU in the final is giving me sweaty palms. I know for a fact if I was 10 -15 years older my ticker wouldnt cope with that, it barely does now.

Its unbelivable to think we could face them in the final of the European cup, What the feck happened to the rest of Europes big brasses ?

For some reason the prospect of playing Chelsea isnt worrying me as much as it should do as the prospect of a possible final with the Mancs takes over.

Russian roulette anyone :)
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:39 am

I wonder if our old friend CHELSEA FOREVER will be back to post before this game.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:51 am

I can't believe so many of you think we're in the final already!

We're up against a top, TOP team in the semis, and we'll be lucky to get to the final at all.

Sh*tski are now with Terry and Carvalho back - two absentees from the 2-0 tw*tting of them at Anfield.

Caution is required, along with a f*cking momentous performance.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soccerfreek421 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't believe so many of you think we're in the final already!

We're up against a top, TOP team in the semis, and we'll be lucky to get to the final at all.

Sh*tski are now with Terry and Carvalho back - two absentees from the 2-0 tw*tting of them at Anfield.

Very true. That being said, a draw in the first leg would give us a slight edge going into the final leg.  I'd love to see a 1 or 2 goal advantage going into the home leg though especially after how lucky they were against Valencia.

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very
disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more
important than that." Bill Shankly
soccerfreek421
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:56 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't believe so many of you think we're in the final already!

Exactly, Chelsea will be so revved up after 2005. They will want revenge. We have to make sure it doesn't happen.

I'm worried but excited at the same time. C'mon REDS!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 am

I can't believe so many of you think we're in the final already!

I dont think anyone thinks that atall.

What I do think is, we're 180 minutes away from a possible European cup final with Manchester United.

With them in the semi's thats bound to dominate forums and thoughts.

We all know we've got just as harder task in moving Chelsea out the way it wont be easy, but the prospect of a Liverpool Vs Manchester United european cup final really takes the focus of a Chelsea, for the fans anyway, that is of course until we play Chelsea.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:15 am

I've just quickly had a gander on a Chelsea forum.

So looks like another semi - final clash with Liverpool , but can we beat them this time round ? I hear so many people banging on about how good Liverpool are in Europe and how we have no chance against them in Europe. Well last time round they did not really beat us did they ?

My thoughts are it will basically just be a League game so how will Liverpools so - called European class come into it ???

Think we owe em' one and I am more than confident that we can progress to Athens and one of the biggest games in our history. We simply can not afford to waste another shot at a Champions Lge final, We just can't !!!
  :D

Can Liverpool beat us (with Cech, Ricky & JT in the team)?

Please answer that... bear in mind Valencia's strikers are more potent than Liverpool's.

bear in mind that it is payback on 2 counts - one this season in the EPL and 2nd two seasons ago for CL elimination - the goal that wasn't. You know JM will be loving it!

Await your reply, thanks

I can't stand the hyperbole that goes with playing Liverpool. All the usual :censored: about their history and atmosphere, yada yada yada....

I'd much rather play a foreign team in the UCL, as playing English teams always gives for a slow paced, edgy affair. I can't help but think that this is fate and hopefully we'll nick a goal that didn't cross the line, in front of the Kop and shut their theivin faces at once, with Jose running on to the pitch doing a pile-on the goalscorer!

We will draw the 1st leg 0-0 then in the second leg Drogba will have a shot that is cleared of the line only to find that the linesman has given the goal !! then our scouse scumbags will know how it feels to lose to a goal that does not cross the line

There should be no doubting our side of cussed champion winners. We can & do beat everyone.

Re playing at home first, I now think its an advantage. You know what you have to do in the second leg..also conceding one is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as you equalise or go onto win. With us last night, when Valencia scored, it made no difference. We always had to score one, so really their goal counted/changed nothing. Then when we scored a second, even if it had been 30 mins to play they had to score two and when teams attack us, we are always liable to score.

We are destined for Athens this year, despite what the scousers think...Ouzo anybody?

I'm very certain that Liverpool will get knocked out by us this time. You can't survive all the time. We are better than Liverpool, and whereas they have a tactical Manager, we do have a tactical manager too, and our players will win the day.

The 1st leg we dont have Essien, but we can play Diarra,Cole,Ricky,JT,Obi,Ballack,Lampard (though he worries me these days), Drogs,Shevy & Cole. With luck this team can win it 3-0 or 2-0. In the 2nd leg the Bison will be back, but Ballack might be suspended as he is 1 yellow card away from suspension. And believe me, this time we wont be playing Ferreira and Esien in central defense. So I can see a very confortable draw

With our spirit and team we can do anything. Liverpool got very lucky last time, but this time the boys will be wanting to turn them over big time. We've never struggled with them in the league (barring this years no centre-back farce) and we have the big time players.

What's more several of our players are coming good at the moment Mikel, A Cole, Ballack and Sheva improving and the extra dimension of Joey Cole. When the chips are down we perform. I only hope we come out firing from kick-off rather than needing a Jose half-time special

We can beat Liverpool and its up to us supporters to make the night special with as much noise, whistles and pro Chelsea support throughout the game, remember the Scousers only scored their 'goal' due to the fact of the noise at Anfield that night. Everyone in there has to do their bit, not just the Matthew Harding Stand.

Anyway I've started and just sent this to Radio 5 particularly dedicated to our favourite scouser Alan Green

Rafa, are you listening,
The European Cup is glistening,
The Cups in Blue and White
Its Chelsea's right
Walking in a Mourinho Wonderland
  Oh FFS :laugh:

We HAVE to beat them, I can't handle a defeat to those pesky mickeys again after the last time. Get ready for all the talk of "great european nights" at Anfield and the Kop being their 12th man yada yada yada. Does my nut in! Am worried about the second leg being away, but it just means we need to beat them and keep a clean sheet at home and I'll be very confident.

As an aside, just looked at the UEFa coefficient league are we are up to 8th from 14th last season which should mean that we might be seeded better next season (especially if we progress further) and that after next season our last crappy european exit gets taken out of the equation so we should be higher placed still.

I hate Chelsea vs. Liverpool games. All the hype that goes with them gets on my nerves. 'Did the ball cross the line' blah blah blah, 'Rafa vs. Jose' blah blah blah 'Gerrard vs. Lampard.' blah blah blah, '5 Europen Cups' blah blah blah. The worst thing about them is that they never live up to the hype. The games are scrappy, normally boring passing play around the defence and midfield.

If the question is can we beat them, then yes, of course we can, but if its 'will we beat them' then I'm not as confident. I still think we will do it, but its safe to say the Rafa, on the most part, knows how to play against us. Stamford Bridge we should beat them, and hopefully we can put on a stunning performance and nick 3, at least 2 goals, but at Anfield, with their 'Special European Nights' (blah blah blah) it will be tough!!

I really hope we beat them, I know we can...but all this hype around Liverpool spreads the doubt in me...
I'm nervous already, just feeling the passion for CFC, winnin' and witnessin' a great game in Athens.
2nd leg at Anfield will be hell on earth, like somekind of a battlefield...I can feel it already :P
we must keep a clean sheet at the Bridge and we know that Petr has the ability to make my love for him even bigger :)

oh and btw...why are the Liv'pool fans and players called...the scoursers is it?
Is it ?

I thought I'd post these quotes from a Chelsea forum, just to stir things up and get us in the mood. They're obviously still cut about the exit from the cup last time around. This will give their players I feel bit more of an edge to their game. Make no bones about it, there fans are idio.ts but their players will want revenge.

Rafa will have to physic the players up for this, to the level their players are and I think its paramount we score at the Shed.
66-1112520797

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:28 am

We've beaten them on the way to our 5th cup, we'll crush them on the way to our 6th !
Bring'em on  :devil:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:35 am

Lando I agree with you 100%.

For number 5, I felt the whole way through as if our name was written on the trophy. The results against Panathaniakos (spelling?), Chelsea and Milan were magnificent and the Milan game will stay with me forever; however luck was deffo on our side..

Chelsea are a top top team, we were lucky two years ago; I am not ashamed to admit that, and even though we are stronger than ever this year I think the result is impossible to predict. We can do it, but we will need the run of the ball and be at our very best.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Years Of Decay » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:37 am

Respect to the chelski fans for showing us some... now lets crush the b.astards!!  :buttrock  :D
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:50 am

Rafa was boss last night about Maureen “We were good friends until we started beating them, then he changed his mind.

“Jose has a very good relationship with the managers that he beats but he is always fighting with the managers of all the top clubs.

Kop was brilliant last night RA RA RA RAFA BENITEZ for about 20 mins boss  :cool:
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 am

Bamaga man wrote:oh and btw...why are the Liv'pool fans and players called...the scoursers is it?
Is it ?[/quote]
:D  Can tell he is a new sky generation glory hunting fan.

scoursers  :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:49 am

I'm with you lando. I have every confidence in us, but it will be a grueling match which could go either way. They are a top top side, and as lando points out, they were without terry, carvalho and makele (and cech wasn't match fit) when we beat them 2-0. This is gonna be a lot harder, and I wouldn't be supprised if we lost the 1st leg, and need to win the 2nd at anfield.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:58 am

We need to all stop thinking about past games where we came out on top and focus hard.

This is going to be a tough game. Hopefully Chelsea will beat Rovers on the weekend so thats another comp for them to be and and another game to play.

We have shown at Anfield we can beat them convincingley. We now need to put on a performance of the same level at Stamford Bridge. Everything now is resting on these 2 games. Come on boys put in the performance of the season!!!!!!

Chelsea have shown they are vunderable even at home this year and i hope we will go all out and beat them.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:20 am

We have a tough team in Chelsea to play before we get to any final.

I like it better when we play the underdog card.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion