Liverpool just made an offer for owen - From marca

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:14 am

Anyone else getting fed up with all this speculation and non actual happenings as yet,owen this owen that........personally yes i want him back but would like news on a centre back and right winger first.WE NEED THEM MORE
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:34 am

I am sick of this Owen thing too. I couldn't care less to be honest. We have quality strikers in LFC and we don't need to do anything about that. If we sell Baros it is surely to finance a strong centre half and a right winger. And selling cisse will break the hearts of many LFC supporters as he is a fine lad who loves the club and went through hellfire to come back from that horrible injury. Personally I would like to see Cisse dance around another CL throphy, rather than Owen who last year told us where his loyalty really was.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:40 am

stmichael wrote:cisse is CL cup tied so selling him would make no sense as his value would be significantly decreased.

besides this, isn't Rafa continually talking about 4 strikers? If we lose Baros and Cisse and get Owen in, we are 1 down.
Homebooby

Postby mighty mo » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:00 pm

no way is rafa going to sell cisse,he showed his dedication to the club and the manager with his recovery last season to help the team and i,m sure rafa was impressed with that.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:18 pm

The post is originally about Liverpool making a bid for Owen, but everyone's attention is on the rumour Cisse. I have to be more careful next time I starting a topic. :p
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby JBG » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:38 pm

I can't believe people have put so much stock in the Cisse rumours, with words like "Benitez is a fool to sell him".

Marca is not a reliable source: in 2004 it annoucned that Thomas Rosicky and Milan Baros had signed for Madrid. It occasionally gets things right, but mostly its wrong.

The Cisse story is absolute nonsense. Gerrard Houllier has told the media today that the Cisse rumour is absolute garbage and that he hopes to use some of the money from the sale of Essien to buy Thomas Rosicky.

I can't believe how people are prepared to say "Rafa is a fool" based on a nonsense story from the Spanish press.....it makes me think how fickle some people are. :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Tiiger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:40 pm

JBG wrote:I can't believe people have put so much stock in the Cisse rumours, with words like "Benitez is a fool to sell him".

Marca is not a reliable source: in 2004 it annoucned that Thomas Rosicky and Milan Baros had signed for Madrid. It occasionally gets things right, but mostly its wrong.

The Cisse story is absolute nonsense. Gerrard Houllier has told the media today that the Cisse rumour is absolute garbage and that he hopes to use some of the money from the sale of Essien to buy Thomas Rosicky.

I can't believe how people are prepared to say "Rafa is a fool" based on a nonsense story from the Spanish press.....it makes me think how fickle some people are. :angry:

The story was first from The Times.
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:48 pm

What happened to "In Raffa We Trust"... come on guys don't believe the :censored: that you read in the press... spanish or english
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:59 pm

Tiiger wrote:
JBG wrote:I can't believe people have put so much stock in the Cisse rumours, with words like "Benitez is a fool to sell him".

The story was first from The Times.

The Times,The Daily Star,etc... aren't reliable sources especially when they make reports witih no quotes from any party what so ever.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion