Owen admits liverpool intrest - Owen hargreaves

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Tue May 24, 2005 4:35 am

Ballack is entirely in a different class and I were Hoeness at Bayern, I would not let him go at any price, unless of course, it is for Chelsea-style ridiculous amount of transfer income. He is the best German player at this moment, and perhaps will still be in the near future as they are running dry on high quality players.

Owen Hargreaves would be in a position to do better then Biscan and would be a welcome addition to the squad.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 24, 2005 12:11 pm

Dalglish wrote:Wekl there you go, my point exactly. Why buy the next Zidane when you can have the present Ballack :D

I agree that Ballack is different class to Hargreaves but thats not really the argument.
In Gerrard (if he is staying) and Alonso, we have our first choice centre midfield we need decent replacements should they be injured or suspended. Hargreaves or Nolan would be useful additions.
The BIG transfers we need are imo right midfield keeper and centre half.
Hargreaves at 2.5 mill or Nolan as part of a Diouf sale would be good business to improve the general standard of the fringe players.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 24, 2005 12:34 pm

I've heard Ballack has just over 1 year left on his contract... is this true?
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Tue May 24, 2005 12:38 pm

how old is he?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 24, 2005 12:42 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I've heard Ballack has just over 1 year left on his contract... is this true?

I also heard this, and heard that a price in the region of10 – 15MIL would make Bayern seriously think about selling him. He 28 so he wouldn’t have much sell on value in a few years but he would be worth every penny.

In my opinion a central midfield partnership of Alonso and Ballack would be the best in the Premiership, better then Alonso and Gerrard, better than Lampard and Gerrard. I think Alonso and Ballack would work wonderfully together and would be more productive and efficient than Alonso and Gerrard.

I think if Gerrard does leave then we should go all out to get Ballack, I don't know how realistic a chance we would have of getting him, but if we did it would be a huge boost, and awesome player who is perfectly suited to the Premiership.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue May 24, 2005 12:44 pm

A.B. wrote:Except he would cost an arm and a leg. :D Like you say he's very offensive but for some reason Bayern play him as a defencive midfielder.

He has 1 year left on his contract and has indicated he wants to leave for a new challenge.

This will put him in a M Owen type situation who was worth more than 8 million easily but only had a year left.

This is where Hamman could be the Nunez :D

Its a big shout but not totally unrealistic.

If SG stays and we got Ballack it would be a great buy. Great in tha air but we would have to improve our crossing especially with Morientes having his first proper season next year.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:39 pm

Hargreaves would be an excellent replacement for Hamann or Biscan in central midfield...he's got a little bit of everything, and I could see him being rotated with Alonso and Gerrard in central midfield.  He's young, very experienced in European football, British and cheap....at £2.5m he's a bargain.
mike72

Postby crazyhorse » Tue May 24, 2005 7:22 pm

Personally i think it is doubtful that we will get OH. If we do he would be a good signing but i think he would struggle to play alongside SG and Alonso in Midfield..

I think he would make a useful full back though and a good utility player to have a round.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue May 24, 2005 7:25 pm

I'm interested in Bundesliga and as I've seen Hargreaves play I believe he's not good enough to play at Anfield.

We've got strong centrer midfield at it is with Xabi and Gerrard, and this Bayern reject is the last player we need.

:buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 24, 2005 9:47 pm

We've got strong centrer midfield at it is with Xabi and Gerrard, and this Bayern reject is the last player we need

How is a Bayern reject?

We all realize that we have a strong center midfield with the likes of Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard but Benitez prefers to play 4-5-1 more than a 4-2-2 formation which is where Hargreaves comes in. If Hamman and Biscan leave[either way] it would be good for us to sign Hargreaves.

If Benitez can get Biscan to improve then he can do with Hargreaves.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion