Owen admits liverpool intrest - Owen hargreaves

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby muttleyp » Sat May 21, 2005 12:35 pm

Taken from Sky Sports.com
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves concedes that he would be interested in a move to Liverpool if Rafa Benitez came calling.
The Canada-born England international has hinted this season that a switch to The Premiership is in his sights - with Liverpool thought to be leading the chase for his signature.
Hargreaves, 24-years-old, has enjoyed regular football at the German giants but with one eye on impressing Sven Goran Eriksson, a move to England is clearly an enticing option.
With Dietmar Hamann looking likely to quit Anfield after the UEFA Champions League final and the future of Igor Biscan still to be decided, it seems likely that Benitez will be scouring the market for a midfielder in the mould of Hargreaves this summer.
Hargreaves is reluctant to talk about his future before Bayern's cup final clash with Schalke, but does concede a move to Merseyside would be intriguing.
''Liverpool are a very interesting club,'' said Hargreaves.
''They are a very strong team and it is clear they have a very bright future under Rafael Benitez.
''But I really don't want to say anymore until after the German Cup final against Schalke.''
With Tottenham having agreed to let Simon Davies move to Everton, it is thought they too will continue to monitor the situation.

I'm not to sure of his natural position and where he would fit into our team.
Anyone else have an opinion on him?
muttleyp

Postby muttleyp » Sat May 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Alright i didnt notice someones mentioned it in another thread already. might as well lock this one
muttleyp

Postby L-type » Sat May 21, 2005 4:18 pm

well in this thread he actually admits that he's interested, but thats about all thats different.  And besides why waste your time calling people out when you could be thinking about wednesday !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 21, 2005 8:46 pm

Would be a decent buy bbc says he might go for as little as 2.5 million which is definatly worth it i think he has alot to offer as a defensive midfield player and is kinda versatile wud love to get him except he is canadian lol
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby columbia » Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 pm

that headline is :censored: me off. Ive read it about five times now on various sites and every time for a split second ive thought it was michael owen.
columbia

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun May 22, 2005 5:39 am

me too.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun May 22, 2005 8:26 am

me three...:D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun May 22, 2005 5:49 pm

Hotrod wrote:Would be a decent buy bbc says he might go for as little as 2.5 million which is definatly worth it i think he has alot to offer as a defensive midfield player and is kinda versatile wud love to get him except he is canadian lol

What the flip is wrong with being CANADIAN??

but i think he would be a great pickup for the squad in replace of didi and igor, for a nice price aswell. The guy has the skils to help liverpool in the future.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2005 7:02 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:What the flip is wrong with being CANADIAN?

would you want your local ice hockey team to sign an englishman ?
thought not.  :D

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby vlady16.1 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:11 pm

:laugh: too late mate -- check the birthplace of the best player on the worst hockey team in the world -- belfast

the real team-- red too -- the red wings had/have an english player too --stevie thomas is from manchester -- supports city -- not like my ex hahahahahaha

i miss hockey and the red wings  BUT pool is #1
vlady16.1

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 22, 2005 7:16 pm

2.5 million would be a decent buy for a decent squad player....we need some more midfielders who can work within a rotation system and Hargreaves would be good for that....don't get me wrong, he's no Gerrard but he would make a good squad addition for 2.5 million.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 22, 2005 8:27 pm

muttleyp wrote:Taken from Sky Sports.com
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves concedes that he would be interested in a move to Liverpool if Rafa Benitez came calling.
The Canada-born England international has hinted this season that a switch to The Premiership is in his sights - with Liverpool thought to be leading the chase for his signature.
Hargreaves, 24-years-old, has enjoyed regular football at the German giants but with one eye on impressing Sven Goran Eriksson, a move to England is clearly an enticing option.
With Dietmar Hamann looking likely to quit Anfield after the UEFA Champions League final and the future of Igor Biscan still to be decided, it seems likely that Benitez will be scouring the market for a midfielder in the mould of Hargreaves this summer.
Hargreaves is reluctant to talk about his future before Bayern's cup final clash with Schalke, but does concede a move to Merseyside would be intriguing.
''Liverpool are a very interesting club,'' said Hargreaves.
''They are a very strong team and it is clear they have a very bright future under Rafael Benitez.
''But I really don't want to say anymore until after the German Cup final against Schalke.''
With Tottenham having agreed to let Simon Davies move to Everton, it is thought they too will continue to monitor the situation.

I'm not to sure of his natural position and where he would fit into our team.
Anyone else have an opinion on him?

is this really the height of our ambition?

owen hargreaves is david batty in disguise.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm

vlady16.1 wrote: :laugh: too late mate -- check the birthplace of the best player on the worst hockey team in the world -- belfast

the real team-- red too -- the red wings had/have an english player too --stevie thomas is from manchester -- supports city -- not like my ex hahahahahaha

i miss hockey and the red wings  BUT pool is #1

Worst in the world, dont think so. Many times have they won their League?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Hargreaves is a younger Danny Murphy. Very limited. Waste of £2.5m

Because he plays in a foreign league and has a few England caps (who doesn't these days) he's rated by sum.

Rubbish.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 23, 2005 1:46 pm

Big Niall wrote:Hargreaves is a younger Danny Murphy. Very limited. Waste of £2.5m

Because he plays in a foreign league and has a few England caps (who doesn't these days) he's rated by sum.

Rubbish.

don't read anything into england caps mate. they throw caps around like confetti these days.

look at the upcoming england tour. zat knight and kieron richardson? are these ever international standard footballers in a million years. ???

phil neville has got 50 ENGLAND CAPS. what does that say?

hargreaves isn't what we need. i'd take scott parker personally.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion