How much have liverpool made - So far?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 12:14 am

Well attracting quality players shouldn't be a problem.

-Rafael Benitez, this is a huge name, a great manager proven in Spain and most players recognize what he has done in Valencia and what he can do here.

-The club. We have a historic club, a well known club through out Europe for it's success and the potential we have under Benitez. That plus the fact that the Premiership is a very popular league

While you can argue that some players may not want to play for us if we don't play for the CHampions League next year then I say that we shouldn't sign them. Why sign players who won't commit their futures to the club? If they are going to sign for a long term deal then they can wait a season without Champions League.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun May 08, 2005 12:30 am

all considerations made, but sadly for some players, cl is their beacon and how they'd benchmark a team. we'll defo lose some choices. i do agree that if only players with the right mentality and heart should be signed.
lfclfclfc

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 1:00 am

Luis Garcia left Barcalona, a team that almost guarantees Champions League football every year. Benitez got Garcia to sign within a week after he spoke to him.

Xabi Alonso turned down Real Madrid in order to sign with us. Benitez can work his magic in the transfer market as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion