A tribute to carra - Genuinely made in liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:12 pm

JAMIE CARRAGHER

2001 European Super Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 UEFA Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 FA Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 League Cup winner (Liverpool)
2003 League Cup winner (Liverpool)
2001 Charity Shield winner (Liverpool)

Carragher who started his international debut for England in 1999 against Hungary becomes one of Liverpool’s most reliable and consistent performers with his versatility and 100 per cent maximum effort from the player, wherever he is deployed. Carragher could have had more caps should have he been included in the England squad for the 2002 World Cup. Butt injury kept him out, as he needed an operation on his troublesome knee.

A utility player who has risen from being a skipper of England's Under-21 -with a record for the number of appearances, to full England honors with totally 17 caps and 242 performances for Liverpool, excels and a vital cog in the Liverpool hearts of defense.

He graduated of the club's esteemed youth academy and a member of the FA Youth Cup-winning team in 1996 and made his Premiership debut against Aston Villa FC the following season and marking it with a goal in front of the Kop. It didn’t take too long before the Liverpudlian played an instrumental role as the side won FA Cup and English League Cup in 2000/01. He also played in all 14 of Liverpool's UEFA Champions League matches in their first season back among Europe's elite and he ended the 2002/03 season with another winner's medal in the League Cup.

He recently declared his intention to see out his career at Anfield:

"I want to stay here," Carragher said. "When I say that, it's not talk, I really mean it.

"I mean I'm not kidding myself, I don't think I'm going to go any higher than Liverpool.

"If your club is in the Champions League, that's the ultimate and obviously, you want to win trophies.

"I've been lucky enough to do that here in the past and I want to win bigger trophies now - the Champions League and The Premiership.

"We're not at that level yet but the new manager, if he can bring in a few more players, can get us to that level.

"I've never thought about leaving."

"In the summer, who knows what's going to happen, but in terms of him staying, a result like this can only help."

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:27 pm

L iverpool defender but so much more
E ngland all rounder
G enuine article
E very tackle made
N otoriously tough
D ream of a defender

'Nuff said. :cool:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:42 pm

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:16 am

Carra what a legend
JC 4 Liverpool 4 Life :cool: :cool: :cool:
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:28 pm

It's good to have a player with so much feeling for the club, it shows everytime he plays. Whatever happens in the summer Carra should be made Vice captain over Sami.

He's a bit unlucky that Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, John Terry and Ledley King have all come along at the sme time but i think Carra is better at defending than three of the above.

If he was choosen instead of King to play the first game of Euro 2004 who knows he could have happened?
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:25 am

Carra has been our most consistent performer, yet gets so little praise from the press or the pundits. He is the best Liverpool player this season because even though Gerrard gets the important goals or makes the telling passes, he has not been consistent enough.

Although I am a die hard Liverpool fan, I must admit that Carra is not the best English central defender and that he is behind the likes of Rio, Sol and John Terry. Carra is rather unlucky that these guys are his contemporaties in the England squad. This is the reality of things.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:53 pm

Carra could be a fantastic england defender he is working hard, consitent and constantly improving! CHELSKI HANDS OFF HES OURS!!!! :p
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion