JOHN FLANAGAN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 pm

i have been impressed. He started with a nice steady performance at home to city where he just kept it simple and did the unfussy things well.
But since then he has started to show more to his game and bomb on and look to overlap.
He hasnt let anyone down at all and is someone that if he needs to play i dont have any doubts that he will put in a steady shift.
At 18 i am more than happy with that, if he keeps progressing he could be here years.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Deffo a very capable back up right back for now and a certain starter in the future.

agree with this bit before i get crucified for my views!

too late for that  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Sean wrote:Sometimes the best thing for a youngster is to be plunged into the deep end and let him grow into a role in the team.

that reminds me of Rob Jones...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 am

Great prospect, but what he needs now is COACHING and back up to cover inevitable mistakes. Go for it and save yourself 20 million.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 am

Up until the penalty he had Pienaar in his pocket, which I was enjoying. Great prospect, with Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan we are fine in that area. Get in an experienced LB who can mentor Flanagan, Robinson, Insua (if he comes back) and we are pretty well covered.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 17, 2011 5:05 am

He may not be good enough to start for a club like Liverpool, but I can guarantee you there would be 15 premier league clubs lined up if we said he was available.  To be honest I think he's done incredibly for the circumstances.  He's actually been consistent, and that's a lot more than we can say for most.  His anticipation is like that of a 30 year old England RB... It's incredible.  He reads the game so well and he cuts off so many passes that he sees coming.  Johnson is better and if we buy a LB, obviously he will be benched.  However, within a couple years I have no doubt he will be a very big talent.  Once Carra retires Kelly can take over at CB, and Flanno is availale at left and right and I'm sure we will use him next season whenever there's an injury or one or the other need a break.  Flanno will be there and I expect good things from him.

Robinson looked good too, especially considering he was thrown in at the Emirates.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 am

The Lad was different class against Spurs ,the  pace he showed was actually frightening . I would say for me personally  this Lad has already more than justified Kennys decision to make him a regular starter ,and he's taken  great strides in cementing his place in the team for the foreseeable future ... Man of the Match against Spurs just pipping Kuyt ,and taking the lions share of the plaudits of that fella takes some doing .....   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

Its too soon to push him into the first team on a regular basis, he is too young and his body is not up to it.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The Lad was different class against Spurs ,the  pace he showed was actually frightening . I would say for me personally  this Lad has already more than justified Kennys decision to make him a regular starter ,and he's taken  great strides in cementing his place in the team for the foreseeable future ... Man of the Match against Spurs just pipping Kuyt ,and taking the lions share of the plaudits of that fella takes some doing .....   :D

I agree with you RB

It's only been a short period of time but I certainly don't have any worries when I see Flanagan on the team-sheet...that was most definitely not the case when the more experienced Konchesky was given the shirt
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am

supersub wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The Lad was different class against Spurs ,the  pace he showed was actually frightening . I would say for me personally  this Lad has already more than justified Kennys decision to make him a regular starter ,and he's taken  great strides in cementing his place in the team for the foreseeable future ... Man of the Match against Spurs just pipping Kuyt ,and taking the lions share of the plaudits of that fella takes some doing .....   :D

I agree with you RB

It's only been a short period of time but I certainly don't have any worries when I see Flanagan on the team-sheet...that was most definitely not the case when the more experienced Konchesky was given the shirt

I would go as far as saying SS that on current form he's one of the best fullbacks in the Premiership.I also believe given his young age he is going to be a truly exceptional player in the future .... I haven't seen a defender with that much pace and no little skill  since Clichy  first donned his Arsenal shirt in the team that became the invincible's (He was also 18) ...incidentally  I would love the Reds to sign Clichy for our problem LB ....

I will probably be accused of going a touch OTT over Flanagan but the Lad  has all the attributes that goes with becoming a top defender ........  and I haven't even mentioned he passes the ball like Neil Ruddock ...

Flanagan v City
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 17, 2011 11:52 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
supersub wrote:

I agree with you RB

I would go as far as saying SS that on current form he's one of the best fullbacks in the Premiership.I also believe given his young age he is going to be a truly exceptional player in the future .... I haven't seen a defender with that much pace and no little skill  since Clichy  first donned his Arsenal shirt in the team that became the invincible's (He was also 18) ...incidentally  I would love the Reds to sign Clichy for our problem LB ....

I will probably be accused of going a touch OTT over Flanagan but the Lad  has all the attributes that goes with becoming a top defender ........  and I haven't even mentioned he passes the ball like Neil Ruddock ...

Flanagan v City

Kin'el he's done fantastically well but lets not go OTT about it.

As for your opinion on Kuyt, feck me, it's as clear as mud that 'match goers'  don't prosper in anyway shape or form whether you're stuck behind a google box or not. You've completely blown that myth out of the water, well done you. Please don't tell  me how the whole of the KOP felt about Kuyt's game, you've been caught out a couple of times already telling porky pies.  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 am

Always polar views hey, is it just LFC fans are all football fans like this?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am

best full back in the permiership feck me ive heard it all. the guys got potantial but come on, am i the only one here whos watched the games hes played in? He's made mistakes of Squilachi like porportions, but he will get there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
supersub wrote:

I agree with you RB

Flanagan v City

As for your opinion on Kuyt, feck me, it's as clear as mud that 'match goers'  don't prosper in anyway shape or form whether you're stuck behind a google box or not. You've completely blown that myth out of the water, well done you. Please don't tell  me how the whole of the KOP felt about Kuyt's game, you've been caught out a couple of times already telling porky pies.  :laugh:

I care not a jot what a rotund beaut like you believes ,but I will say there's a reason you keep getting banned ....your a grade A ****    :laugh: Anyway Keep fishing ....although I dont believe you will ever catch one as big as you .... Your a WHOPPER Lad
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
supersub wrote:

I agree with you RB

Flanagan v City

I care not a jot what a rotund beaut like you believes ,but I will say there's a reason you keep getting banned ....your a grade A ****    :laugh: Anyway Keep fishing ....although I dont believe you will ever catch one as big as you .... Your a WHOPPER Lad

Okay Mr KOP'S spokesperson 

Whopper? now that's ironic coming from a habitual bulls.hitter.  :laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion