Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 pm

RedAnt » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:28 pm wrote:Tim Sherwood, mate of Brendan has come out to defend him. "Fickle" LFC fans should "feel lucky" to have Brendan in charge. If he'd won the title two years ago he'd be the "hottest property in management and would be managing Real Madrid now". Hilarious. We're so lucky. Shame on us for not propelling this man to the Real hot seat huh?

Tactic Tim is trolling there.........

The tactical genius gets guaranteed 3 points (or a cup final) whenever he faces up with brent. So why would he want a better manager to manage us ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Wow.........its Rodgers "hodgson" moment. He has just lashed out at the fans.....

Rodgers: "I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don't want me here."

Rodgers: "I am talking about people outside here. I never worried about the players. They have been absolutely brilliant."

If this is not enough...he had to put in another comment. This is his classic "foot in the moment" comment...... just read this....

Rodgers: "In all competitions, we've lost less games than City, Chelsea & Arsenal. The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note."

Rodgers: "Sometimes we haven't [even] lost games & the hysteria around it is pretty clear. Maybe something else going on from behind."

Yup....that idiot uttered the above cr@p. How many times does he do the same ol $hit ? It is very possible that (given our next few fixtures), we will have lost more games than City, Chelsea & Arsenal in a months time.   :Oo:

His press conference just absolutely $ucks............ sometimes, I hope a reporter throws his shoe at him.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Wow.........its Rodgers "hodgson" moment. He has just lashed out at the fans.....

Rodgers: "I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don't want me here."

Rodgers: "I am talking about people outside here. I never worried about the players. They have been absolutely brilliant."

If this is not enough...he had to put in another comment. This is his classic "foot in the moment" comment...... just read this....

Rodgers: "In all competitions, we've lost less games than City, Chelsea & Arsenal. The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note."

Rodgers: "Sometimes we haven't [even] lost games & the hysteria around it is pretty clear. Maybe something else going on from behind."

Yup....that idiot uttered the above cr@p. How many times does he do the same ol $hit ? It is very possible that (given our next few fixtures), we will have lost more games than City, Chelsea & Arsenal in a months time.   :Oo:

His press conference just absolutely $ucks............ sometimes, I hope a reporter throws his shoe at him.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:21 pm

I heard that he's on this forum... Can't blame the outburst then... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Im afraid Brendan is showing his inexperience again, there is nothing to be gained by having a go at the fans even if he does feel hard done by. He should have just kept his head down and moved onto the next game, results win fans over not barbed comments.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:35 pm wrote:Im afraid Brendan is showing his inexperience again, there is nothing to be gained by having a go at the fans even if he does feel hard done by. He should have just kept his head down and moved onto the next game, results win fans over not barbed comments.

+ 1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Aspas scoring 2 against Barca
Balo looking a snip at 16M at Milan
Markovic looked every bit as a winger we are craving for in Rodgers 4-3-3 formation in turkey

All these examples I have listed is from this week only.

Rodgers is destroying our club. He should be sacked ASAP..

Aspas was sh'ite here.
Balotelli was useless here.
Markovic wasnt given enough time

(MANAGER)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Rodgers was actually having a pop at the club legends & certain section of the fans when they questioned his competency to lead his club (thus.... his outside influence comment). He should stop making it a us vs the world type of scenario. The $hit he is in...is his own fault.

From winning the champions league...we are celebrating a victory over tactical tim. You just couldn't make this up.

Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers hits out at ‘campaign’ to get him sacked
• Manager believes people ‘outside’ of the club have an agenda
• Rodgers relieved after Daniel Sturridge double sees off Villa
Brendan Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers celebrates a goal during the 3-2 win over Aston Villa Photograph: Ben Hoskins/Getty Images

Andy Hunter at Anfield

Saturday 26 September 2015 19.18 BST

Brendan Rodgers claimed there was a conspiracy to oust him from the Liverpool manager’s job after the pressure on his reign eased with a 3-2 win over Aston Villa. Daniel Sturridge scored twice, the injury-plagued striker’s first goals since March, after James Milner opened the scoring on 66 seconds against his former club to give Liverpool a first win in five Premier League matches. There were nervous moments for Rodgers when Rudy Gestede twice reduced the arrears for Tim Sherwood’s struggling side but, after seeing his side move within five points of leaders Manchester United, the Liverpool manager condemned the “hysteria” he believes has been deliberately stirred in recent weeks.

“I was never worried about the players,” said Rodgers on an improved display. “They have been absolutely brilliant this group here and they have worked very, very hard. I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don’t want me to be here as manager. In all competitions this season we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

“The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note. Myself and the players stay very calm and work very hard, and they got their rewards.”

The Liverpool manager refused to identify who he believes is behind an alleged campaign to force him out of Anfield. However, he is believed to be aggrieved with the number of former Liverpool players turned media pundits who have criticised his team’s poor form and results in recent weeks. Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Jamie Redknapp have all been critical in their roles for Sky, though, when pressed, Rodgers would only say: “I am talking about people outside of here.”

He added: “I think it is pretty clear. Sometimes we haven’t lost games and the hysteria around it is pretty clear. There is maybe something else going on from behind. I will continue working with the players – they have been absolutely first class – and we still have top class players to come back in.

“The players and the supporters were fantastic today, we gave them something to sing about. We are five points off the top with a lot of progress still to come.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... e-pressure

The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:19 am

I think he's having a go at certain individuals (like club legends, journalists etc.) rather than the supporters. Still, should keep his mouth shut, at least for a while. It will take more than beating Aston Villa to convince people that they were wrong about him. A lot more actually.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:40 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Aspas scoring 2 against Barca
Balo looking a snip at 16M at Milan
Markovic looked every bit as a winger we are craving for in Rodgers 4-3-3 formation in turkey

All these examples I have listed is from this week only.

Rodgers is destroying our club. He should be sacked ASAP..

Aspas was sh'ite here.
Balotelli was useless here.
Markovic wasnt given enough time

(MANAGER)

I forgot it was the manger not Aspas who took THAT corner!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:16 am

We are all eating humble pie this morning lads.

Bodgers has told us to stop being hysterical as he has achieved a magnimous victory for the club!

Sounds like we have won the league their Bodge..................

Errr the Champions League...............

Qualified for next season's Champions League.......

Won the FA Cup.........

Carling.....

No none of the above  :Oo:

Oh we beat Aston Villa at home while conceding two sh**ty goals........rightio. That's sure showing everyone.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:33 am

We have been shyte in almost ever match. If the losses and draws were close then you with understand to a certain limit.
Im surprised by BR comments.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:37 am

I don't understand what's the hysteria is about, his comments are far from criticising the fans. He thanked "the supporters". Last time I checked supporters are the fans. Thanks The rock for being hysterical and equating it with the Hodgson moment.  :glare:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:42 am

We need to be careful here or we'll all go off our noddies.

1. BR is going thru a horrible spell.
2. He knows it, the fans know it and FSG know it.
3. I'm sure there is a performance target agreed between the owners and manager which will determine his fate.

As a consequence of the above, lets all calm down and see this thru, either BR ups his game and we'll all happy or he under performs and he's out.

We don't need a constant barrage of daily moans, whinges and insults as believe it or not apart from putting people off the forum, it doesn't actually achieve anything.

We watch, we wait, we hope - that our football team gets back into winning ways.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion