JAVIER MASCHERANO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bretc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:02 am

This is a no-brainer. Mascherano is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and is usually one of our best players in the matches he's played in so far. 17M may look a lot but for his kind of pedigree, it's definitely worth it. If we need to raise $, I wld suggest selling Momo. No doubt, he's a good player with great physical attributes but with Masch, Xavi and Lucas around, I believe we will not miss him much.

So it's time to splash the cash, Mr Parry!
Bretc

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:07 am

Mascherano has to be signed.

If someone offered us 10M for Sissoko, I would recommend cashing in and selling him.

His passing is too sloppy for my liking.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafalution » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am

Maybe one reason we are yet to sign Macherano is young Leiva ?

He is looking very accomplished already and Rafa obviously has a lot of faith in the lad as he keeps giving him some game time.

It strikes me that, even at this early stage in the season, Rafa may be trying to ease Leiva into the first team gradually. It could well be that come next season we will have a more than adequate replacement for Mascherano in a similar mould.
Rafalution

Postby Ade » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Rafalution wrote:Maybe one reason we are yet to sign Macherano is young Leiva ?

He is looking very accomplished already and Rafa obviously has a lot of faith in the lad as he keeps giving him some game time.

It strikes me that, even at this early stage in the season, Rafa may be trying to ease Leiva into the first team gradually. It could well be that come next season we will have a more than adequate replacement for Mascherano in a similar mould.

That's a bit optimistic in terms of looking where Lucas is compared to Masch. Lucas could be roughly at the same level in three years time, but Masch is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world already, and will get better.

Sissoko should be sold if we can get a decent price, and keep Masch and Lucas. If Carrick and Hargreaves cost £18m each, Masch at that price is a bargain. For me he is, with Stevie and Torres, our most important player. When you land someone of this ability and attitude, selling him is not just losing a brilliant player, it sends out a signal to the rest of the squad that we're not really serious about getting back to the top.

Fek the money, sign him now and move on.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:22 pm

Javier Mascherano has urged Liverpool to make a decision on his future at the club within the next month.

The 23-year-old's loan is set to end next summer and he is keen to secure a permanent move to Merseyside.

Liverpool would have to pay around £17million for the Argentine midfielder who had a brief spell at West Ham last season.

Mascherano insists he would not stay in England if Liverpool failed to offer him a permanent deal.

Permanent

"I want to stay with Liverpool and I have told everyone in the club I want to stay, but what the club wants to do is not my decision to make," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I'd like Liverpool to tell me what their plans are in the next month because obviously I want to know what will be happening to me as soon as possible.

"I am calm and relaxed about it. From my point of view it is simple - I want to play for Liverpool, I want to sign a permanent deal. I have told Rafa Benitez this and he has told me he wants to keep me. Now the club must talk to my owners about a fee or tell me that they don't want me."

Mascherano is keen to stay at Anfield where he is building a midfield partnership with captain Steven Gerrard.

Grateful

Barcelona are among the teams watching the situation closely and Mascherano says he will not consider playing for another English club.

He said: "I have had enough of travelling the world from club to club. I want roots, and I want them here in Liverpool. I don't want to move again next summer but if I do not sign for Liverpool then I will not play for another club in England. Not Manchester United, not Chelsea or Arsenal.

"The club created an opportunity for me which I am grateful for so no other English club will come into my thoughts.

"By staying here I will become a better player and that way I can help Liverpool to be more successful."

I like the way out of loyalty to us he would not play for another English club. Pay the 17 million!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flepent » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:35 pm

Mash would be a big LOSS we cannot afford to loose him we should ofload someone an cash but mash said hes happy to stay an wont go to any other ENGLISh club other then liverpool whats good but barca big intrest i belive???
Flepent

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm

Liverpool are eyeing a major double signing as Rafa Benitez looks to make Javier Mascherano and Ezequiel Garay permanent members of his squad.

Benitez is reported to have made a major breakthrough in his negotiations with MSI, the company that own Mascherano’s playing rights.

MSI, who also control Carlos Tevez's involvement with Manchester United, initially wanted a reported £17 million fee for the Argentinian ball-winner, who has enjoyed an impressive 11 months on Merseyside.

However, it is believed Liverpool have agreed for that £17 million fee to include the player’s wages over a five-year spell – beating off interest from Barcelona.

The news would please goalkeeper Jose Reina, who stated: “It is quite important because Mascherano has been one of our best players so far.

“It was a loan, a clever loan, and we have to take the next step which is to get him for a few years.”

Source:SETANTA SPORTS

Nothing to suggest that this is anything but gossip; if true though it would come as a great relief and also a class bit of business for it to include his wages for the term of his contract. That though seems a bit strange that all of a sudden we can sign him for £17m including his wages, is he getting paid with magic beans for the next five years? Have MSI been bluffing over other interest from Barca and other teams? Or is this story just bullshit? ???
It maybe too good to be true but seeing how well he's played since arriving I think £17m + wages will be money well spent.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:11 pm

I think I just found a great way for us to spend that Momo and Carson money :D
JoeTerp

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:15 pm

Has anyone noticed that for argentina it seems Mascherano has much more license to play.  He seems far more dynamic in the argentina side.  His not restricted to just breaking up play.  He actually plays and gets in advanced positions. 

Oh and we really need to sign him up ASAP!!
puroresu

Postby red--sangria » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:51 pm

sorry mate i saw MASCHERANO for four years and i am not happy. i dont want to be negative but apart from his defender style i no see other qualities in MASCHERANO i wiil not pay more than 8 millions for a player totally defender. i repeat mascherano is a very slow player and is not a very intelligent player.
forgive me for be negative.this is what i am see in this player for many years. this is my onesty opinion....
red--sangria

Postby burjennio » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:57 pm

red--sangria Posted on Nov. 20 2007,18:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry mate i saw MASCHERANO for four years and i am not happy. i dont want to be negative but apart from his defender style i no see other qualities in MASCHERANO i wiil not pay more than 8 millions for a player totally defender. i repeat mascherano is a very slow player and is not a very intelligent player.
forgive me for be negative.this is what i am see in this player for many years. this is my onesty opinion....
puroresu Posted on Nov. 19 2007,12:15

He might not be the quickest but to say he lacks intelligence is a nonsense, he reads the game brilliantly and with his defensive skills he gives other players greater freedom to attack - far more so than Sisokko, in the big matches he been 1st class - in the champios league final I thought Kaka was on the bench until we took him off to chase the game
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:58 pm

red--sangria wrote:mascherano is a very slow player and is not a very intelligent player.

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:04 pm

red--sangria wrote:sorry mate i saw MASCHERANO for four years and i am not happy. i dont want to be negative but apart from his defender style i no see other qualities in MASCHERANO i wiil not pay more than 8 millions for a player totally defender. i repeat mascherano is a very slow player and is not a very intelligent player.

Pace is not something that Mascherano is lacking.

He is a top top player and although he is obviously defensive minded i have seen enough when he has ventured forward to suggest that he has more to offer than we see regulaly.
But he does the job required for the team.

You will be in the minority with your thoughts, i am certain of that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 pm

For being slow he reaches to many tackles just in the perfect time...

Mascherano is a player that can play for any top team, and that includes one of the most powerful national squads of the world. Real Madrid and Barcelona would happily have a midfielder with his defensive attributes and that is not bad when he distributes the ball neither.

It's strange, I thought that red sangria was praising Mascherano over Alonso in some other thread.  :oops:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Sabre wrote:For being slow he reaches to many tackles just in the perfect time...

Mascherano is a player that can play for any top team, and that includes one of the most powerful national squads of the world. Real Madrid and Barcelona would happily have a midfielder with his defensive attributes and that is not bad when he distributes the ball neither.

It's strange, I thought that red sangria was praising Mascherano over Alonso in some other thread.  :oops:

Maybe red-sangria baths in red sangria and has swallowed half of it  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion