JAVIER MASCHERANO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:36 pm

From the Official site

RAFA: WE WANT TO KEEP MASCHERANO
Steve Hunter 09 November 2007 
  Rafa Benitez has reiterated his desire to keep Javier Mascherano at Liverpool. 
The midfielder's present deal runs out at the end of the season and Benitez is keen to extend that and keep one of his most valuable stars at the club.

"Mascherano wants to stay, he is very happy here," enthused Benitez. "He is a key player for us and I have been talking with him and he is really pleased to be at Liverpool.

"His family are settled here and his wife is learning English and he is very comfortable here.

"Javier also knows that the supporters like him and I think if everything is okay he will stay with us.

"We are happy with him so it would be good for everyone if he stayed at Liverpool." 

--------

Good news thatSOURCE
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzodziwa » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:38 pm

I have no doubt that signing Mascharano is the top priority for the management. Its just that i am not confident with the way our money men deal with the negotiations. No matter how much Rafa likes the player it depends on the tact of Mr Parry and company
muzodziwa

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:59 am

Yep.

Sign him.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:22 am

LONDON (Reuters) - Javier Mascherano will quit English football if he fails to agree a permanent move to Liverpool, the Argentina midfielder said on Sunday.

"I only want to play for Liverpool," Mascherano told newspapers. "I hope the situation will be sorted in the next month.

"If I cannot play for Liverpool I will not play for another club in England. Not even Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester United."

Mascherano signed an 18-month loan deal with the Anfield club when he left Premier League rivals West Ham United in January.

Time to get him signed up Rafa
account deleted by request

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:55 am

Well i hope we don't fck about for a few quid, he is young enough to be with us for 10 years, and waants to stay, infact just by saying he wouldn't to go to manu and chelsea he's shown his class.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sarge » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:09 am

s@int wrote:Javier Mascherano will quit English football if he fails to agree a permanent move to Liverpool

:buttrock
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:51 am

i can't believe there's any question about his move becoming a permanent one. he's been feckin superb for us, a perfect replacement for didi hamann. we should snap him up on a 10 year deal whilst we still can. papers today report that barcelona and man city ( :laugh: ) will be after him
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:21 am

I don't like the look of this

11 November 2007
SVEN'S MASCH SWOOP
EXCLUSIVE He's set to nick Kop star
By Alan Nixon

Sven Goran Eriksson is trying to pinch Javier Mascherano from Liverpool - and beat Barcelona in a staggering £16million transfer chase.

Manchester City boss Eriksson and Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra are plotting an audacious raid on the Kop for the impressive Argentine, who is only on loan at Anfield and is owned by agent Kia Joorabchian.

And City are in talks with Joorabchian's ally Pini Zahavi about the capture - either in January or at the end of the season.

Zahavi is going with City to Asia this week and the move will be discussed, although it is sure to be a battle because Spanish giants Barca definitely want the midfielder.

Mascherano is one of many central midfielders at Liverpool and could leave soon if they do not make his move permanent.

City's interest will bring that to a head one way or another.

His agents are keen on a deal because they have been looking for a pay-day since taking him to West Ham over a year ago.

Could just be newspaper gossip but we certainly need to sort out a permanent deal before it's too late.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 am

I think/hope that a lot of this is just Mascherano's agent trying to put pressure on Liverpool. I really would feel better once he's tied down to a five year deal though. If we still need cash I think it may be Sissoko that proves odd man out, although I think we would be very lucky to get anything like the £12million that Juventus were supposedly offering in the summer. I would still be unhappy to see Sissoko leave because although he hasn't been at his best this season, I do think he has improved areas of his game.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 am

I think this is exactly the type of situation that gives your thread relevance S@int, the "10 years behind thread"

I read yours and Micks comments about letting him go to secure another striker or what have you.

THAT WOULD BE A BIG BIG NO NO for me. He's an established player and if we need another striker surely the Carson deal could provide some finance for that. Hicks and Gillett hopefully have the money to sign him permanently. I'd rather see Momo go first, then Lucas if its gotta be. As we seem to have to many central midfielders. I wouldnt want Lucas to go he looks to be one for the future, but we need players here and now and Mascha is one of them.

Liverpool need to tie him up, we've missed the boat on to many occassions, and the player is at our club, just give him the contract I urge.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I think this is exactly the type of situation that gives your thread relevance S@int, the "10 years behind thread"

I read yours and Micks comments about letting him go to secure another striker or what have you.

THAT WOULD BE A BIG BIG NO NO for me. He's an established player and if we need another striker surely the Carson deal could provide some finance for that. Hicks and Gillett hopefully have the money to sign him permanently. I'd rather see Momo go first, then Lucas if its gotta be. As we seem to have to many central midfielders. I wouldnt want Lucas to go he looks to be one for the future, but we need players here and now and Mascha is one of them.

Liverpool need to tie him up, we've missed the boat on to many occassions, and the player is at our club, just give him the contract I urge.

I agree mate I would love to see Mascher signed up to a 5 year contract. The point Mick was making and that I agree with , is IF we needed the money for a top striker.

IMHO we need a top striker more than Mascher, even though I believe Mascher will be world class(if he's not already). If it was a straight choice between (say) David Villa and Mascherano  I would have to go for Villa, because thats where we need strengthening more.

Hopefully like with Alonso and Eto'o(Torres) it won't come to that and the money will be found elsewhere( Sissoko/Carson/Kuyt)

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:47 pm

ideal situation for me would be

sell sissoko for 10 million

use that to sign mascherano

and still have enough to buy a new world class striker

the beg the board for money to finance a move for a world class winger (cant believe this still hasnt happend after years of needing it)
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:51 pm

We need to sign him for a long term contract ASAP.

It is crystal clear how Mascherano wants to stay at Liverpool and thoroughly enjoys playing at Liverpool. Combine that passion with the confidence that comes with signing a new long term contract with the club that you truly want to be at and you have a great player become even better.
skatesy

Postby hello_red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:24 pm

Just been reading in the Express :Oo:  that he would rather play abroad than for another English team. He wants to stay with us! Pull your fingers out Liverpool for once in your last 17 years :censored:!!!!!!!!!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Mascherano Article

This is a article from thisislondon.co.uk
hello_red
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion