In an ideal summer...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:33 pm

We get O'Neill. He negotiates that Bobo Balde and Alan Thompson follow him, in exchange for Biscan and Traore + cash.

Cisse arrives. Owen and Heskey stay, and O'Neill spends the summer teaching Emil where the goal is. Nothing at all wrong with having Baros and Owen battling it out for one place, while Cisse and Heskey battle for the other.

Catching everyone unawares, he then signs Okocha (potentially very good value a la McAllister), meaning that we then have at least two midfielders that don't mind doing some work.

Pongolle will inevitably turn out to be the imaginative forward-inclined player on the right that GH thinks Diouf is (he'll probably go in the January window), while competition from TLT brings Murphy's form back up to scratch. As some point during all this, someone explains to Kewell that being a Liverpool fan requires you to give a s##t when you've lost the ball.

Or maybe GH will stay, he'll sign some more jokers from the continent and he'll spend the season trying to prove that Diao and Cheyrou were shrewd signings after all.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:57 pm

How do you know that we get O'Neill, no one at Liverpool or anywhere doesn't know who is going to be next Liverpool manager.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:00 pm

Hence "In an ideal summer". I've just realised that my cat has p#ssed in my shoes, so this clearly isn't the ideal world of which I speak.
ivor_the_injun

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:08 pm

I can't believe you still have a cat;I've kicked the living daylights out of mine this season and the neighbours,in fact there is a strange absence of the feline kind around these parts.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 pm

Alan Thompson? You're seriously having a laugh?
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:58 am

More to the point, Stu, Bobo Balde!!!!!

Er, Pongolle on the right? He has been an absolute star at youth level as a pacy centre forward.

In an ideal summer we'd get Wenger, Henry and Vieria, not O' Neill, Balde and Thompson!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:15 pm

Balde and Thompson, lmao, please!

To be honest everyone is going on about O'Neill but I don't really want him to come here, what has he done, managered Leicester and Celtic and to be honest Stevie Wonder could win the league with Celtic cos Rangers aren't really a threat anymore.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion