Next season's ideal eleven - What would be your realistic 11?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby flamingpoe » Fri May 23, 2008 2:55 am

yeah ruskiy i've seen him, there is a vid on youtube of wonderkids, he is one of them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LMudPMBdds&feature=related
now we may not agree with some of them but, they are all reasonably good, so gather what you can btw guillermo ochoa is a goalkeeper and i think he is incredible (hes the freekick taking goalkeeper, hes dodgy, but hes a damn good freekick taker lol
flamingpoe

Postby SundanceKid » Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 am

I think we already took a step to opening the transfer window with some confidence. Rafa's approach to O'Neil is a perfect start. It's about time we start acting like it's an honor to play for Liverpool FC.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby mikopool » Fri May 23, 2008 11:21 pm

Andrea Dossena would be a welcome addition to the system we played at the end of the year. Looking forward to him joining whatever 11 we field.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby RedBlood » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:40 pm

my team for next season:

reina

degen    carra    agger    dossena

mascherano    alonso

gerrard                            silva

arshavin

torres

bench:

skrtel
arebola
insua
lucas
bennyoun
babel
nemeth

sell:

carson
intandje
riise
kewell
finnan
hammil
leto
voronin
crouch (only if we needs cash for new players)
pennant (same as crouch)
kuyt (same as crouch)
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRxxurh0xg

this lad would be amazing behind torres
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:07 am

I wish Rafa did take a liking to Arshavin. I don't want his talent being wasted at Celtic
SundanceKid

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:29 am

SundanceKid wrote:I wish Rafa did take a liking to Arshavin. I don't want his talent being wasted at Celtic

Celtic?  I heard the lad has his heart set on going to Barcelona! :D  I expect a million rumours about this lad's transfer over the next few weeks.  One thing's for certain: he won't be going to Celtic, Newcastle, Everton or any other middling clubs he's been linked with until now. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:31 am

Bad Bob wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:I wish Rafa did take a liking to Arshavin. I don't want his talent being wasted at Celtic

Celtic?  I heard the lad has his heart set on going to Barcelona! :D  I expect a million rumours about this lad's transfer over the next few weeks.  One thing's for certain: he won't be going to Celtic, Newcastle, Everton or any other middling clubs he's been linked with until now. :no

After destroying Rangers, I don't see why Celtic should be doubted. I know they don't have the prestige of Barca, but how often do you think he'll play at Barcelona?
SundanceKid

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:50 am

SundanceKid wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

After destroying Rangers, I don't see why Celtic should be doubted. I know they don't have the prestige of Barca, but how often do you think he'll play at Barcelona?

I don't follow?  He helps dismantle Rangers and this somehow convinces him to go to Celtic? ??? Doubtful.  He'll be off to a top European club--be it Barca or another--and Celtic just isn't in that calibre.  Think about it.  You're Andrei Arshavin, you're 27 years old and you've been toiling away in St. Petersburg, Russia for years.  You suddenly become the darling of world football after running the show in the UEFA Cup and at Euro 08.  Your big break has arrived and you pack your bag for...the Scottish Premier League? :O Nah, I'd put money on him heading to a top team at a top league, most likely somewhere warm after all those Russian winters! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 am

Bad Bob wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I don't follow?  He helps dismantle Rangers and this somehow convinces him to go to Celtic? ??? Doubtful.  He'll be off to a top European club--be it Barca or another--and Celtic just isn't in that calibre.  Think about it.  You're Andrei Arshavin, you're 27 years old and you've been toiling away in St. Petersburg, Russia for years.  You suddenly become the darling of world football after running the show in the UEFA Cup and at Euro 08.  Your big break has arrived and you pack your bag for...the Scottish Premier League? :O Nah, I'd put money on him heading to a top team at a top league, most likely somewhere warm after all those Russian winters! :D

Not him, I said 'Why should Celtic be doubted'. As in why would you doubt Celtic would go after him.

Like I said he'd want to go to a prestigious club, but don't doubt for a second Celtic are going to keep tapping his shoulder
SundanceKid

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:04 am

SundanceKid wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Not him, I said 'Why should Celtic be doubted'. As in why would you doubt Celtic would go after him.

Like I said he'd want to go to a prestigious club, but don't doubt for a second Celtic are going to keep tapping his shoulder

:D Oh, I get you, mate.  Indeed...I've no doubts that Celtic and many other clubs without a hope in hell of signing him will try it on anyway.  I just hope--for the sake of hilarity--that Newcastle and Everton do continue to give it a go.  A nice earnest interview with David Moyes expressing optimism about Arshavin turning out at Goodison next season would be excellent.  I'm sure a few over-zealous Bitters might even jump the gun and make a commemorative DVD for the occasion! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:00 pm

I think arshavin would sign for barca and he would play regularaly for them as barca are expecting  a mass clear out , maybe a replacement for ronaldinho?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:53 am

Toffeehater wrote:I think arshavin would sign for barca and he would play regularaly for them as barca are expecting  a mass clear out , maybe a replacement for ronaldinho?

Arshavin doesn't even fit Barcelona's playing style. Barcelona just keep the ball moving until the midfield grows bored and tired of chasing the ball. They don't even think about attacking until the opponent has dropped it's guard. Arshavin gets the ball into the attacking third as quick as possible. He'd be better at Liverpool, if only Rafa would push for him.
SundanceKid

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:44 am

not sure if you know this sundance but Barca might look a lot different next year. new coach and most likely a lot of different players. I don't think its quite fair yet to say what their playing style will be. Look at the two different Real Madrid teams that one the league in the last two seasons, they had a different style of play
JoeTerp

Postby FRfanatic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 am

Typical way to add some money to the pocket... saying you don't want to go to the Prem. and rather be in Spain  :cool:
I'll put my money he will play in the prem.L next year.
FRfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion