I reckon we'll pi$$ the champ league group stage - Well confident

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:11 pm

we look as though we've gpt the beating of monaco, tactically and ability-wise. even at their own ground i think we'll do well. 
deportivo arent nearly as good as they have been in recent years, and if there's anyone to take advantage of a depleted spanish oppostion its benitez of course. he's obviously had La Liga wrapped round his little finger.
strangely enough i see Olympiakos as the only threat.hard to get a result at their ground, and an unknown quantity as far as Benitez is concerned.
overall i think we've got what it takes to to do briliantly in the group stages. (this group anyway)

what do you's reckon?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:48 pm

i reckon we'll end second in the Gr. Stages
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:50 pm

Jim, I think that Deportivo are the hardest opposition in the group.

A great away result in Olympiakos, say 1-0 and Monaco to hold Depor to any draw and we will be in pole position.

I think we will win the group, but Depor are dangerous.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:55 pm

i reckon we will finish top deportivo dnt look as strong as they did when they walloped milan 4-0 at home and olymipakos rivaldo aint the player he was.one player dnt make a team and monaco they have brought well but its gonna be hard for monaco to do wat they did last season i think this is have the group will finish       
Code: Select all
          group A

liverpool

monaco

deportivo

olyimpakos
              and its not bein bias                      :;):
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:58 pm

group A

liverpool

deportivo

monaco

olyimpakos

After the display from monaco they will be lucky to get any pionts but i think third would be realistic in the group if they can improve.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:04 pm

I reckon we go through but i thought that before the Monaco match.
I see Depo as  main rival though that view is probably tainted by my fond memories of their win over the MANCs in CL
While Monaco were finalists , coming from French league they were a surprise finalists and have had team gutted somewhat.
The away game in Greece does worry me though
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:16 pm

i agree depo are dangerous but we've got the manager who knows how to play them.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:50 pm

Aren't Olympiacos almost Galatsaray like with their stubborn resistance at home? Unless I'm getting em mixed up, didn't they give Man U the runaround a couple of seasons back? Not to be taken lightly I think, neither Deportivo who though rubbish the other night, can be fantastic on occasions. Monaco look a given to finish bottom I reckon. Hopefully, we'll nudge into the next stage and reach the quarters. I don't reckon we'll win it but if we get the bandwagon rolling, nobody will overly fancy playing us thats for sure.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:51 am

not sayin we are anywhere as good as valencia but i just watched on eurosport valencia thrashed deportivo 1-5 and i not expecting the same results but i woukd be dissapointed if a:we didn't qualify b: if we can 2nd in our group and c:we draw or lose at their place
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:59 am

The thing is though, Depor are an unpredictable team, they may have lost 5-1 to Valencia but they lost 8-3 to Monaco last season in the group stage but also beat AC Milan 4-0 so who knows what to expect?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:09 am

Rafael knows Deportivo inside out, Olympiakos is our main threat. I saw we will be number one in this group
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby wiped » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:33 am

hhmmm ...... there's loads of if's , buts and maybe's in this group .... I think an away win against Olympiakos would be a major step in qualification from the group - they are a bitch to crack at home. Deportivo will all depend on which Deportivo side turns up (if you know what I mean) , Monaco we've already beaten so a draw in our final match against them should be enough ....  our quest is all the more difficult with Gerard out injured but not immpossible .
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:34 am

???   ???

Depor have a slow start but they have far more Champions League experience than the rest of us.

Plus, they won't drop many more points at home.

Depor will top the group, but I think we'll squeeze past Monaco.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:57 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Depor have a slow start but they have far more Champions League experience than the rest of us.

Plus, they won't drop many more points at home.

Depor will top the group, but I think we'll squeeze past Monaco.

deportivo got hammered 5-1 at home by valencia at the weekend, and that's without benitez in charge.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:21 pm

all our away fixtures in the group will be tough, especially in greece and spain,both teams are known for their hostile crowds and electric atmosphere. Realistically i could see us losing those two games, so our home form will have to be good
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion